Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #31
Bubbly
Blonde Bomb

i paid 98.9 with me discount
Bubbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
local independant servo has a fuel card club. present your member card and 4c/L off, no catches!!! yeah, the saving from safeway or coles is a myth, and the fuel is crap there too.
Most definately, woolies fuel is by far the worst you will get anywhere. I have heard of some car dealers making it a clause in their warranty that you are not to use it because it can cause so many problems.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:21 PM   #33
ef5l

Now i guess there is something not to look forward to with gettin my car on the road,
ef5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #34
Bubbly
Blonde Bomb

shell servo's are fine not woolies/safeway i should know seeing i used to work for em :P
Bubbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #35
XR Davo

Weekend SMH had a horror article about world oil pricing. The some pundits are saying we are heading for an oil crisis worse than the 1970's with petrol prices increasing as high as $3.00 a litre within the next 3 years. Time to dust off the old push bike me thinks.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #36
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Yeah, read this from today's SMH.

Oil price hits new high

April 4, 2005 - 2:50PM

Oil prices touched a new record high of $US57.79 a barrel in Asian trade today on worries over US refining capacity and the continued fallout from a study that indicated prices could hit $US100, dealers said.

Prices were pulling back from the new peak, but remained above $US57 a barrel.

At 11.30am local time, New York's main contract light sweet crude for May delivery was trading at $US57.53 a barrel, up 26 cents from $US57.27 in New York where it had soared $US1.87 on Friday.

The new record of $US57.79 in after-hours electronic trading breached Friday's intra-day high of $US57.70 in New York.

"Basically, the fear is that with the gasoline season coming into play now, there will be insufficient supply to meet demand," said Eswaran Ramasamy, the Singapore director of energy information giant Platts.

New regulations for oil refineries introduced by the United States last year calling for stringent environmental specifications have left companies scrambling to meet the standards.

Not every refinery in the United States and abroad can meet those specifications, Ramasamy said.

"Now, we have to wait to see how many refineries ... can meet the specifications. If they are unable to, then the market is in for another bull run," he added.

Daniel Hynes, an energy analyst with ANZ Bank in Melbourne, said concerns over tight supplies were driving prices higher.

"The speculation is that market supply is tight."

While saying that $US60 a barrel is a possibility, Hynes doubted if prices would reach $US100 a barrel, which was raised as a possibility in a study by investment bank Goldman Sachs.

Goldman Sachs on Thursday predicted (US) oil prices are in the early stages of what it called a "super spike" period and could reach as high as $US105 a barrel.

"I think that prices will be unlikely to reach that level. Some catastrophic event will have to take place before prices are pushed to that level," Hynes said

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

That's fuggin ridiculous. People become sh*t-scared of lowering supply of fuel and prices shoot up through the roof.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #38
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here in NZ we now dream of 1.20 petrol. For some reason everyone in the country cops a 5c a litre tax hike to pay for Aucklands roads. Total bullcrap.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:00 PM   #39
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Here in NZ we now dream of 1.20 petrol. For some reason everyone in the country cops a 5c a litre tax hike to pay for Aucklands roads. Total bullcrap.
So what do you guys pay per/litre
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

My folks were in Christchurch recently and they said it was about $1.27/litre NZ.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #41
Amber
Funbus Pilot.

Safeway here in Kilsyth NEVER put the price of LPG up. You look everywhere ATM, its pretty close to 50c. Go to Kilsyth now, and its 37c!
Amber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #42
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
That's fuggin ridiculous. People become sh*t-scared of lowering supply of fuel and prices shoot up through the roof.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE.
Its got nothing to do with being scared at all, its all got to do with the fact that China and India are undergoing massive periods of economic growth, with vast capital investment, and they are prepared to pay top market dollar for resources (ie oil). Suppy is becoming tight thanks to this.

Last edited by Dave_au; 04-04-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #43
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yup prices are upwards of 1.25 - 1.30 in NZ, depending where you live. Thanks Auckland!

Last edited by Mike Gayner; 04-04-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #44
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's still cheap next to Evian bottled water at $4.60 a litre or even Gatorade at $2.25 a litre!

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
It's still cheap next to Evian bottled water at $4.60 a litre or even Gatorade at $2.25 a litre!

Russ
Thats expensive water. I go thirsty till I get to work, and I drink all the free water I want. And its chilled too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #46
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I gave in and paid 109 the other day, first time I've paid more than 102, always seem to be able to grab it through the week.

I'm not too worried, it peaked up this high a few months ago and came back down, I think it's just a bit up and down know. There's no way to predict what will happen, with the instability in Iraq and what not.

I think I read that taking into account inflation, it would have to be $80 US a barrel to match the 1980's oil crisis peak price.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #47
Dez
Banned

Quote:

Russ
evian would be the best bottled water too ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbly
shell servo's are fine not woolies/safeway i should know seeing i used to work for em
shit, i better start filling up at shell then! i'll tell mum to shop at coles more often :P
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #48
cheese
Has a blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Yup prices are upwards of 1.25 - 1.30 in NZ, depending where you live. Thanks Auckland!
B*****d Aucklanders.Why does the rest of NZ have to pay for roads we'll more than likely never set a tyre on.

/walks off muttering obscenities about national :jab:
Old 04-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #49
TCK-098

I was just taking the **** and you guys took the baid very nicely each time i fill my car up its 60+ but hey i enjoy driving and dont whinge about it due to the fact that pretty much we are all in the same position and wasting all our time whinging about it.

Ah well the guys that have to run pulp all the time now they would be feeling it
lastly if if you cant handle someone making a point go get some help
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #50
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundybear
I was just taking the **** and you guys took the baid very nicely each time i fill my car up its 60+ but hey i enjoy driving and dont whinge about it due to the fact that pretty much we are all in the same position and wasting all our time whinging about it.

Ah well the guys that have to run pulp all the time now they would be feeling it
lastly if if you cant handle someone making a point go get some help
a point about race fuel.....right in the context that was.....

people aren't "whinging" they are discussing. thats what you do on a forum. no one is ever going to be happy about the price of fuel when its so high.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #51
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I don't really care, when you think about it 10 cents at the pump is about $6 for the average Falcon, that's one day a week I have to take my lunch to work. It doesn't fuss me much, unless I go somewhere far on the weekend or I'm at trade school a tank generally lasts me two weeks, so $60 a fortnight isn't that bad.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:50 PM   #52
xrgran

No one here seems to be whining or complaining. We are all adults and aware of the cost of fuel.
feel sorry for the genuine low income earners and the pensioners that have battled their entire lives and now are forced to pay exorbitant prices for fuel.

No pensioner discounts there...my parents need to use the discount coupons on the grocery dockets.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 03:16 AM   #53
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:

Russ
Where can you get gatorade for $2.25 a litre?? wow..

I put $70 in the ED (fuel, not gatorade) was hard seeing it just over 3/4 full after that much. (Premium/$1.18.6)
Highly likely i'll fill it with ULP next time.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #54
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i stole the gas out of a goverment fleet car, well i paid for it .......kiddn just go to canberra and look at the fairlanes outside P house running all day with AC on and only the driver inside... who paying for that
Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 AM   #55
Dodge
i like to be stroked

who said av gas was expensive??
Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #56
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Davo
Weekend SMH had a horror article about world oil pricing. The some pundits are saying we are heading for an oil crisis worse than the 1970's with petrol prices increasing as high as $3.00 a litre within the next 3 years. Time to dust off the old push bike me thinks.
Next to that report was an article about the chick doing a Masters in Sustainability who is making her diesel hiace run on used cooking oil I didn't know that you can do that with diesels.

Should we all go buy old mercedes'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #57
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Oh, my 2c worth! lol Yes, petrol is exhorbitant in pricing. I have found over the years that there are good times to buy it and bad times. Good times in Sydney are around late Sunday/early Monday to around late Tuesday/early Wednesday.

I think the reason they do this is: a) most people get paid towards the end of the week and b) more people travel over the weekend.

So I try to time my fill-ups on the Rolla. I use the Shell at Lawson if I can because a) I buy my groceries at Coles anyhow, so I get the 4cpl off my Optimax, b) the pump where I fill up is on a small hill, so I can fill to the very top before the click lol and c) cos it's the only place I can buy Optimax without driving for 45 minutes... and I notice the difference when I run normal ULP (backfiring, tapping, and shocking fuel economy).

With the EA it's easy - LPG all the way baby

With the price of oil going up and up, the lesser half and I are discussing the benefits of buying another LPG Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #58
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Next to that report was an article about the chick doing a Masters in Sustainability who is making her diesel hiace run on used cooking oil I didn't know that you can do that with diesels.

Should we all go buy old mercedes'?
my year 12 teacher was doing that to his car.....didnt even sound to difficult either....

i've noticed wednesday/thursday to be the best time to fill up here....
Old 05-04-2005, 09:54 AM   #59
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
With the EA it's easy - LPG all the way baby
That's what I like about my ute. 39c/litre, I'm not complaining.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #60
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
South of Victoria between Tasmania in the ocean Australia produces oil.Bass Straight .If Australia owns one of the biggest oil deposits in the world then why are we affected by oil prices.??? Why arent we paying cheap as chips for oil/fuel?

It basically comes down to this...the turds in Canberra have either sold the site to USA or as usual likes pumping us as it pumps the oil.

To say Iraq or any other country should affect our oil prices is a joke.

If opec control the price of oil then they must control the dilly dally Australian puppet government because its our own natural resource.
I didnt think Iraq was any sort of excuse - in actual fact Iraq oil supplys have been held under a trade restriction since 1990 until now. The real reason for the oil price spike is the massive industrial growth currently happening in India and China during the usual periods of Middle East tensions.

The production from Oil in Bass Straight has actually been falling since 1985, it would no longer be able to hedge any sort of global oil price spike like it did during the 70s.

Also, global economics has dictated that Canberra, or who is operating down in the gas fields in Bass Straight (Incidently AGL (an australian company) and Shell (a dutch company) are the big contenders, MobilExxon has a limited presence) have little say in the price of crude oil per barrel.

The fact is, if you were in a business for profit, why on earth would you discount your domestic product when the global demand dictates a higher price? Why would you lose export sales? The price for oil in our region is usually set at the terminal gate price in Singapore.

Besides this, Australian crude is more suitable for heavy lubricants and LPG purposes than light crude for petrol. We can make petrol from it (and do) but at a higher refining cost than oil operations in the middle east and US/Mexico.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post