Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #31
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find intimidating them back to be a great deal of fun. I had some female P platers tailgating me, swerving and carrying on. I let them over take at which point the girl in the front passenger seat hurled abuse and the boys in the back gave the finger. I sat for about 20 seconds contemplating what just happened and thought, bugger this, and kicked the old V8 Fairmont back to first and gave chase. High beams on and tail gating them to with in a foot. Then I'd back off, let them get 100m up the road and then be on them again. Followed them for about 15kms throught the back roads and then went home. All I was doing was cruising along on the speed limit on a saturday night, when these "bullet proof" started.
Old 18-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #32
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRSex
This last paragraph ruined your entire post for me. You can't stereotype that many people on the actions of 3 morons. You're getting into 'Daily Telegraph' territory if you do.
True.
Old 18-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #33
NFLANE

i don't know what these c*&k heads r thinking when they r doing this sorta stuff like if u ran up there *** they would cry blue murder and i have also noticed up here (bendigo) there is a lot of people that wait for people in one of the lanes outside the shops in shopping center car parks and block the whole lane this absolute shits me (I SIT THERE A TOOT AT THEM TILL THEY MOVE ) THERE IS NOTHING ELSE THAT SHITS ME MORE and then when i drive past them they give me the dirtyst looks as if to say wtf am i doing wrong
Old 18-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #34
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

I feel the same way and I'm 19 and a p plater!!!

When I got my liscence if you lost a race you lost and that was the end of it.

These days the ricer fly by is followed by a bunch of to$$ers who get their "crew" together and trying "get you" later.

Of course they need at least a 5 to 1 advantage...
Old 18-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #35
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

They do this on the M1 (Pacific Motorway) here in QLD... like several lanes of blocking.

Asshats they are, pure asshats. The only saving grace is that one day, hopefully, they will put their pieces of crap around a tree and take themselves with it.
Old 18-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #36
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
They do this on the M1 (Pacific Motorway) here in QLD... like several lanes of blocking.

Asshats they are, pure asshats. The only saving grace is that one day, hopefully, they will put their pieces of crap around a tree and take themselves with it.
yep seen them a few times, i wish they'd knock themselves round a tree or lamp post.
Old 18-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #37
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
yep seen them a few times, i wish they'd knock themselves round a tree or lamp post.
preferable a tree. A lamp post will require taxation funds to replace.

Old 18-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #38
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have to be a nice big thick tree though. or maybe they could conveniently drive off a cliff into the ocean.
Old 18-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #39
NFLANE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
have to be a nice big thick tree though. or maybe they could conveniently drive off a cliff into the ocean.
and whats the chance that there is a cliff with an ocean at the other side on the freeway but yes that would shut the pricks up for good if i saw that happen as much as its mean i would stand there and laugh serves them right
Old 18-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #40
RATT
In a Pug..

I use the M4 often so now I'm glad I always carry my camera with me. I might start carrying bricks as well...
Old 18-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #41
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it could magically appear..never know, they're on drugs anyway and might be hallucinating
Old 18-04-2008, 11:00 PM   #42
steamin63
old skool

i had a similar thing happen to me last year. 2 commonwhores [vl and a vn]with 2 "gangsta's" in each blocked and harrased me [an angry little man] and my best mate [amature light heavy weight boxer] in my laser on old cleveland road in brissy late one night. the laser has heavily tinted windows so they probably thought they were terrorizing a chick. eventually we had to stop at a set of lights and they had no where to go. so we got out of the car and "showed them the error of their ways". one of the "gangsta's" did get away on foot. a great night was had by all.
Old 18-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #43
yabby6
The Convert

stereotype p platers.. we're not all bad.. etc.. etc..

if you get in this situation again don't wait till it's over to call the police, without witnesses (and friends / passengers are useless and will rarely be taken into account), call the police while it's happening and then just let the c*ckheads do it, keep in contact with the cops until they have some a car meet you then just laugh when they all get bent over their fully sick stick on carbon fibre bonnets

i had some kids overtake me a while ago and started throwing jim beam cans (full) out of their navara utestraight back towards my car.. called the cops.. cop called me back to verify number plate.. stolen car.. i followed them for about 20 minutes until the cops came then just as i saw the cops coming up behind me flashed the hi beams a few times in their mirrors just to say "haha... ur f*cked now", pulled over done a U turn and kept going on my way.
Old 19-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #44
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

i have a bullbar on the rig for just such an occasion. lets see them cop 42tonnes up the when they try to brake check me.. plus my light force lights are at the right height to go straiht thru the rear windows..

not like im more intimidated in my XR6T. Somone thought i would be afraid of them hitting my "new" car.. they learnt that im not bothered in the least.. i think that they will consider their actions before attempting to harass a driver in a newer car next time....
Old 19-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #45
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

just come to adelaide; we are most courteous
Old 19-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #46
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

There is definitely a lesson here that we should all acknowledge, and that is common courtesy to fellow road users.
Vigilante actions against 'stereotyped' enemies, will only ever result in more of the same.
This thread closed due to the inevitable route that threads such as this will head...
Closed Thread