Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #31
Thunder Kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattrix
hey mate fancy seeing you here

so, what WOULD one say?
Yeah, I have a Mustang as well as a Vette.

With regards to what to say if you're pulled over, the best bet is to check with your state's "conditions of use" for trade plates and pick one of those conditions. Examples could be you're taking the car to show a potential buyer, or taking it to get repaired at some other workshop (other than your own : ).
Thunder Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #32
Mattrix

ahh, makes sense. now i just have to look into sussing out how to register an automotive business and get me some trade plates
Mattrix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #33
XRQTOR
Banned

Would trade plates cover a newer car, say a 97-98 cobra. ANd besides i thought they were expensive.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #34
Mattrix

i think they're about 1000 bucks a year. i'd pay that to drive the vette rght away
trade plates cover all cars. we used to borrow them from the local lexus dealership because we were their marketing company at one stage.
Old 22-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #35
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a friend of mine has a left-hand drive F350 registered in Northern Territory, but they live here in Melbourne, they are legally allowed to drive it - looks like an early 90s model.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #36
Mattrix

how do they go about registering it in NT? did they take it up there and do all that? wouldn't mind a bit more info on that if you have it
Old 13-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #37
Mattrix

wakey wakey...?
this thread seems to have died. anyone have any other ideas or know of how i can register an automotive business to get me some of those juicy trade plates?