Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #31
TCK-098

My AU is a Fairmont ghia with the Tickford VCT standard "168kw" the only differance between this and the XR range is the exhaust thats why the XR's have 172kw.

The car is Also optioned with the Tickford Supension-3.45 diff but the only thing between mine and a XR is adaptive shift,body kit and the dashboard cluster and controls.

The tickford engines are easier to modify too as they dont need to be tinkered as much as they have a nice amount of power standard.
Old 22-08-2006, 05:35 PM   #32
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK-098
My AU is a Fairmont ghia with the Tickford VCT standard "168kw" the only differance between this and the XR range is the exhaust thats why the XR's have 172kw.

The car is Also optioned with the Tickford Supension-3.45 diff but the only thing between mine and a XR is adaptive shift,body kit and the dashboard cluster and controls.

The tickford engines are easier to modify too as they dont need to be tinkered as much as they have a nice amount of power standard.
But XR's have 164kw, XR's with VCT have 172kw.. shouldn't yours just be 172kw if its a tickford?
Momo Gear Knob
Schmick Pioneer Headunit w/ Dolphinvision :
4 Channel Kicker Amp to decent speakers;
Alpine Monoblock to Pioneer Subwoofer;
Tuned to perfect clarity-

Outside:

Pure Sexy Falcon w/18" BA XR8 Factory Option Mags
Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Pedders lowered Sports Ryders all 'round
Extractors/Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cat
foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #33
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

My AU only has Ford's and Herrod's plate i don't have a Tickford plate, so to speak i think the car was sent straight to Herrod after Ford and supplied it with the modified engine, 19" rims, body kit, interior etc though i have the Tickford engine cover.
AU3 HERROD XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #34
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

LOL I'm getting a headache from reading all this!

As follows what the engine outputs were:
Fairmont Ghia VCT 168 kW
XR6 HP 164 kW
XR6 VCT 172 kW

I'm not going into the V8's as I've got a migraine now.

Tickford plates only applied to vehicles that had Tickford options and the following can be listed on the plate:
17" Wheels
18" Wheels (Rebel/ST)
Premium Sound
Premium Brakes
Body Kit
Momo Gear
Momo Steer
Sunroof
Leather

I'm pretty sure that's the list, correct me if I'm wrong on the above if you will.

I won't go into what model got what as standard and what as optional as that's what the brochure scans are for.
Old 22-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #35
8pAc
RDP #181

The V8's had all sorts of funny things going on. In the sedan Au1 was 185, au2 was 200 with 220 xr8 rebal as a special and then the 220 became standard for series3 or was that for runout only? the utes only ever went as high as the 200 except for the pursuit which was the 250 stroker. (urgh takes deep breath).

The fairmonts only ever got the 175 engine i think or did that get a bump to 185 later on?
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #36
TCK-098

But XR's have 164kw, XR's with VCT have 172kw.. shouldn't yours just be 172kw if its a tickford?

The only differance between my car and the XR VCT is the exhaust same engines and the 164kw are the non-VCT engines.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #37
Spak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCK-098
The only differance between my car and the XR VCT is the exhaust same engines and the 164kw are the non-VCT engines.
intake too I believe...it's the same deal with the EF series 2 and EL Ghia's.
Spak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #38
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

Does anybody else here have a Herrod Enhanced AU XR8?
Old 23-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #39
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spak
intake too I believe...it's the same deal with the EF series 2 and EL Ghia's.
nope, VCT in the Ghia's and VCT in the XR's was only an exhaust (and ECU) difference. Intakes for all AU I6's from Forte to XR6VCT were identical.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #40
Spak

Not even the snorkel?
Old 23-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spak
Not even the snorkel?
identical in all respects including the snorkle.

Old 24-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #42
Spak

Well, there ya go. Learn something new every day ;)
Old 24-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #43
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Tickford plates only applied to vehicles that had Tickford options and the following can be listed on the plate:

17" Wheels
18" Wheels (Rebel/ST)
Premium Sound
Premium Brakes
Body Kit
Momo Gear
Momo Steer
Sunroof
Leather
So, the above list then only applies to cars that don't come STOCK with the above items. I.E an AU2 XR6 with the 18" Azzuro's would have them stamped on the Tickford plate

Whereas my AU3 XR6 ST which comes stock with everything in that list except sunroof, premium brakes and premium sound, WONT have a Tickford plate, as they are STOCK for the car?

I hope I got that right. Makes sense because I don't have a Tickford plate
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #44
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

I got a problem with my rear right window switch. It goes down though it doesnt come up, and i know it's not a dead wire too because i can here the electricity trying to push the window up..
Old 25-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #45
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
So, the above list then only applies to cars that don't come STOCK with the above items. I.E an AU2 XR6 with the 18" Azzuro's would have them stamped on the Tickford plate

Whereas my AU3 XR6 ST which comes stock with everything in that list except sunroof, premium brakes and premium sound, WONT have a Tickford plate, as they are STOCK for the car?

I hope I got that right. Makes sense because I don't have a Tickford plate
Yeap that's right, if it came standard with the car it won't be listed, unless it's been optioned up.
Old 25-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #46
XEESP_351

i have au XR8 III i have no tickford plate at all
XEESP_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 03:40 AM   #47
sethdeacon
Starter Motor

gday fellas. im the new guy so pls bear with me. can anyone give me a comprehensive review of the au1 xr8 or point me in the direction of one as i have recently bought one and i need some correcting. i always thought they at last came out at 200kw but in th manual it shows only a 175kw or 185kw ( dunno which one mine is) and i thought all tickford vehicles had tickford handmade engines
sethdeacon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #48
8pAc
RDP #181

The AU1 was 185 AU2was 200 with limited edition 220 rebel and series 3 was 220. Only the 200, 220 and 250 engines were hand built. The utes only ever got as high as 200 except for the pursuit.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
Old 26-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #49
sethdeacon
Starter Motor

was there much difference in the 220 engines (like different internals) to the 185 or is it just a simple bolt on (cold air, extractors @ perf exhaust, bigger throttle body)
Old 26-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #50
8pAc
RDP #181

220 has 1.7 ratio rockers (older was 1.6) slightly higher comp ratio. better exhaust, slightly tweaked gt40-p heads and explorer intake, bigger TB and MAF. It has all the nice things already done.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #51
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse

17" Wheels
18" Wheels (Rebel/ST)
Premium Sound
Premium Brakes
Body Kit
Momo Gear
Momo Steer
Sunroof
Leather
Not sure about this but I dont think premium sound or leather would be on the Tickford plate as they were added on the line, not afterwards. All the rest seems right though.

Re the power outputs, I think the 220 engines were actually a running change and started to appear late in Series II, then came standard on Series III.

Does anybody want to en enlighten me on why the utes never got 220's? Is there a reason for it, or is it just one of those stupid decisions?
Old 26-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #52
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Does anybody want to en enlighten me on why the utes never got 220's? Is there a reason for it, or is it just one of those stupid decisions?
My guess is that the 220 engine was simply to combat the Gen3 output at the time. Since this obviously cost Ford a lot more to do (with minimal if any return from the sticker price) they were trying to limit how many they had to do. As the ute was outselling the Holden utes by about 3-1 it was probably seen as not required to keep sales up.
The AU ute was, at the time, probably the best selling ute of all time for Ford (and this continued on more so with the BA)

Old 26-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #53
sethdeacon
Starter Motor

that engine/cooling fan cover you get with the series 2 and 3, ican you get that to fit the au 1. just looks a little snazzy. and also that "5 litre v8" plaque on the intake-does that do any thing or is that just for looks? coz if its just a plaque i mite get one customised