Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #31
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Interesting thread (this one!..lol). I'm a long time member on LS1 but don't post that much, mainly read, observe and learn. I read that thread and I’m quite proud of their behaviour and general attitude towards the Ford product. To be honest most Holden enthusiasts are happy to discuss Ford topics amongst themselves, but if you add a Ford enthusiasts into the discussion everything appears to go south, even when it's not justified. One of the reasons I don’t post that much..lol Most of the regulars however are genuine and interesting to talk to.

As for the tide turning, I’m not sure about that but the turbo Falcons have earn’t the respect of many a Aussie car enthusiast, including me and I can’t see that changing in a hurry regardless of what the VE will bring. While Ford/FPV has their partner Prodrive, turbo engineering will become the blue performance brands biggest asset. A class leading Turbo Falcon, Territory and now Focus. What’s next?
What got my respect was the BA XR8.

Before my uncle got his BA XR8 in 2004 I didnt care much for Fords but that night when he took me for a blast around in it, hold sh*t it was awesome lol.

The fury of the BOSS 260 sent shivers up my spine, I've tried to con him into letting me drive it but he wont let me lol.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:36 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
What got my respect was the BA XR8.

Before my uncle got his BA XR8 in 2004 I didnt care much for Fords but that night when he took me for a blast around in it, hold sh*t it was awesome lol.

The fury of the BOSS 260 sent shivers up my spine, I've tried to con him into letting me drive it but he wont let me lol.

I drive a MK2 BA XR8 and a BF XR8 both 6sp manuals. Nice when you get the revs up they hammer and have a great suspension setup. I had a small drive in the XR8 6sp and that impressed me, I seriously love the new auto. There nice cars and there quick, a little doughy low in the revs but I dont complain when I'm in one.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #33
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I drive a MK2 BA XR8 and a BF XR8 both 6sp manuals. Nice when you get the revs up they hammer and have a great suspension setup. I had a small drive in the XR8 6sp and that impressed me, I seriously love the new auto. There nice cars and there quick, a little doughy low in the revs but I dont complain when I'm in one.
This one was the Sequential Sports Shift.

If I drive it more than likely i'll say these words.

"Right im going to sell my VL 5 speed and buy a BA XR8"

lol

I would'nt mind going for a cruise in one of those new BFs with the 6 speed Auto either.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon the modern day cult cars as a result of the Holden/Ford rivalry are the XR6T/Typhoon. Hell I'm not much of a Falcon person myself but would'nt mind a Typhoon. In saying that I've always have and always will love the LS1. Each car maker has something to offer.

I reckon the Focus Turbo will be a big hit. So damn nice and power to go. I'd rather have 2 Aussie companies to choose from than one. Each one makes the other think of something better.

If Holden were smart they would bring out a turbo, as that has got to be hurting them especially when seeing an LS2 (well for me) is a rarity these days.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the reason why Holden have'nt bought out another Turbo 6 because well quite frankly they are well known for the V8s they have.

I dont even think Holden make Super 6s now, not sure on that one.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #36
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jesus GMH what do you expect? You only post in threads about Holden. Did you get Casper's old JMM alarm that told him which thread JMM was mentioned in so he could rush in a post and change the settings?

Yes Casper, I know you had one! :P

Quote:
Well done Ford, they've got someone in marketing with some nouse.
Never thought I'd see that posted!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Jesus GMH what do you expect? You only post in threads about Holden. Did you get Casper's old JMM alarm that told him which thread JMM was mentioned in so he could rush in a post and change the settings?

Yes Casper, I know you had one! :P
LOL, just had to make sure that you wernt posting that photo of you on a girls bike anywhere in there.

JMM can fend for themselves now.. I've moved on to Holden bashing as my prefered interest!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #38
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Jesus GMH what do you expect? You only post in threads about Holden.
Actually if you do a search of my username you will see that I have participated in many other threads, not just Holden ones. But it is only natural that I participate in Holden threads more than others as that is a topic which is relevant to me, just like ford people mainly participate in ford threads on holden forums.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #39
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've moved on to Holden bashing as my prefered interest!
That is one of the downfalls of this site. Moderators who should be preventing and discouraging this sort of stuff actually participate in it and encourage it. Seriously, I thought you were mature enough to know better.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #40
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver
That is one of the downfalls of this site. Moderators who should be preventing and discouraging this sort of stuff actually participate in it and encourage it. Seriously, I thought you were mature enough to know better.
Actually that was a joke.. but you are obviously so fragile when it comes to Holdens and any mention of the word on this site that you go into apoplexy the moment it is even whispered. Its become so obvious to everyone that we now use it to simply stir you up. Nearly everyone on this site knows I dont go bagging Holdens outright and, in the past, I have actually closed threads where outright Holden bashing has occured.. I only allow that for Rice :

You really need to get over yourself and look at if this site is appropriate for you. If you cant understand that it is a Ford site and, as nature intended, an amount of bias for Fords and against Holdens is going to happen then you really are out in the wilderness.

Oh, and I looked through the last 100 posts you did.. I'd say, at a guess, 80% of the threads were either had Holden points, Holden statements or you simply added something to do with Holden into them. With that sort of track record even the Mods and Admin are going to jack up as we see your posts now becoming a destablising factor in this Forum. They are like a red rag to a bull and that means we have to work harder to keep things on track. At some point, as has happened in the past, this will jsut become too hard and you may find yourself at the wrong end of a decision to remove the root cause of this destabilisation.. namely you.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #41
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

weve got a turbo six to be proud of, but i still wish the BOSS was actually the boss.

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #42
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
And in ten years time the same thing will happen with the LS1, and there will be plenty of wogs and rednecks wrapping themselves around trees. I'm already reading of guys getting cheap LS1 motors and putting them into light cars (VS). So this goes both ways.
wogs huh! sounds like the rubbish that people were spitting out in cronulla
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
wogs huh! sounds like the rubbish that people were spitting out in cronulla
mate get over it. I am a wog, otherwise I wouldn't use the language. I live in the northern burbs of Melbourne where we wogs use this lingo all the time.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #44
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Actually that was a joke.. but you are obviously so fragile when it comes to Holdens and any mention of the word on this site that you go into apoplexy the moment it is even whispered.
I don't think that's exactly true. Why is it that people can stir all they like and have a blind eye turned to it, but the moment I say something in defence I am attacked as if I was the villain? It seems there is a lot of hypocrasy and double standards here.
It's funny though, you all pride yourselves on being mature minded and intellectual here, well if that were the case then you would've taken my original post in jest and this argument would never have gotten this far.
Anyhow, this is all I have to say in this matter as I don't seee the point in keeping this argument going, but all I'm asking for is a fair go.

Last edited by gmhdriver; 10-02-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #45
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
mate get over it. I am a wog, otherwise I wouldn't use the language. I live in the northern burbs of Melbourne where we wogs use this lingo all the time.
Sorry, peace mate! I just get real defensive when people use it as an offensive against my heritage! Movn on
Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Sorry, peace mate! I just get real defensive when people use it as an offensive against my heritage! Movn on

Dont worry bout. I can understand what you mean.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:55 AM   #47
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Quote:
Oh, and I looked through the last 100 posts you did.. I'd say, at a guess, 80% of the threads were either had Holden points, Holden statements or you simply added something to do with Holden into them. With that sort of track record even the Mods and Admin are going to jack up as we see your posts now becoming a destablising factor in this Forum. They are like a red rag to a bull and that means we have to work harder to keep things on track. At some point, as has happened in the past, this will jsut become too hard and you may find yourself at the wrong end of a decision to remove the root cause of this destabilisation.. namely you.
1 vote from me, do us all a favour weed em out!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #48
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Sorry to go off topic but I ИИИИed my self laughing at this. Is this guy for real??

I drive an ecotec and there pretty gutless.
Pretty much. My old man has one and while it gets off the mark reasonably quick due to the gear ratios, diff etc, it really doesn't have much in the way of bollocks and has a really really nasty rear end which lets go way too easily and squirms like you know what.

Now get in my Falcon... I can feel it... and I love it... now if Ford makes a decent v8 I'd even considering selling my body to own one.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:13 AM   #49
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I don't think that's exactly true. Why is it that people can stir all they like and have a blind eye turned to it, but the moment I say something in defence I am attacked as if I was the villain? It seems there is a lot of hypocrasy and double standards here.
It's funny though, you all pride yourselves on being mature minded and intellectual here, well if that were the case then you would've taken my original post in jest and this argument would never have gotten this far.
Anyhow, this is all I have to say in this matter as I don't seee the point in keeping this argument going, but all I'm asking for is a fair go.
Waaaaaaaay to far gone now for anyone to take you as anything more than a Holden headcase trying to act like an unbiased car fan.
Maybe 150 posts ago if you had started acting less like a Holden fish in a Ford pond and more like a normal person who understood the simple basics of a Ford Forum being Ford biased you may have not had any issues. As it is now I seriously doubt you will get anything but ridicule and mockery from 95% of everyone on here. You have made your bed, time to lay in it. Either that or, in the classic words of many before me... if you dont like it.. LEAVE!
You want a fair go? STOP ACTING LIKE A HOLDEN TROLL ON A FORD SITE! Honestly, in most cases, no one actually gives a crap about Holdens on this site as anything more than the other car manufacturer we like to beat on the Track. Sure, we look at them and discuss them. We even accept them as equals in some cases but as soon as someone shove them down our throat the sparks fly. So, to get a fair go, stop shoving your Holden propaganda crap in 90% of your posts down our throat.

Actually, I'm no longer asking. I'm telling you. It wont be tolerated. You may not want to keep the arguement from your side going as you stated but, in this case, I have the ability to ensure it stops.. and I'm going to use that ability. You have been warned.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:47 AM   #50
gmhdriver
Banned

Yeah that's right, just shift all the blame onto me as usual, you're all innocent little angels after all.

Yawn, I'm going to bed.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #51
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yeah that's right, just shift all the blame onto me as usual, you're all innocent little angels after all.

Yawn, I'm going to bed.
Take your time.. you got all week!

Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #52
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

lol gmhdriver = holden fetish:P
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #53
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

i gotta admit everytime theres a holden thread i always wonder how long til he posts, then giggle like a school girl(ok maybe forget that last part:$:P)
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #54
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

XR6T/Typhoon the new VL Turbo? Have I missed something? The VL Turbo was a pretty quick tool (especilly in a straight line) but a drop in the ocean on the Oz performance car map. To my way of thinking there were really only 2 Oz 6 cylinder icons:
1st Place. Six Pack Chargers (E38 & E49? sorry brain fade)
2nd by a fare margin. GTR XU-1 "Bathurst Pack"

Now we can add to that the XR6T/FPV F6 family.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:18 AM   #55
347Stroker
Banned

How many others here have felt the urge to join the other forum and see how thay do things.....I had to have a little say in the thread linked here.....they do things VERY differently
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:34 AM   #56
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347Stroker
How many others here have felt the urge to join the other forum and see how thay do things.....I had to have a little say in the thread linked here.....they do things VERY differently
Have you checked their response yet? Good for a laugh "take the hairdryer off and you have a 15 second car" WTF? "what if GMH put a turbo in the VE, then you'd have a 10 second car" I repeat WTF?
Some peoples ET calculators need calibrating!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 AM   #57
BOOSTDEF
FPV GT Owner!!!

Back on topic though, the turbo is a great car.. At least we have the credit of Boosting up our own engine, unlike the VLT.

However, I will not be satisfied until they get the 8s to the same reputation. Thats just the main rivalry, and has been since the 60s 70s... GTs, Hardtops and cobras VS the torrys, monaros and what not....

Gotta get the GT to the same level as the HOs were back in the day, THEN we will have it all to brag about...

I really cant see Holdens next move though, a twin turbo 8?? hhmm...

The fact is, 4 litres + boost will in a few years be a stock 12 second car... And that gives some great thoughts as a sleep at night.
- XB Coupe Project
BOOSTDEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #58
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Meh. Don't gloat too soon, the tide can just as easily turn back around if Holden release a Turbo Alloytec in the VE and beyond. There have been twin turbo HFV6's in the states putting out figures like 1200hp, so the potential is definitely there.

On another note, while the XR6T's success is a good thing, the downside is that in about 10 years time when these cars become easily available to teenagers they are going to develop the most notorious fooly sick reputation imaginable, which is something most of you here despise.
Hmm, and ford have a new 4 litre 6 for the new model too. Don't think they'll be caught sleeping, especially when a povvo pack Holden still will have 175kw and that clunky old 4 speed from the VN.
Oh, and I love that fool who reckons his SS was much faster than an XR6T
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - clown shoed mother f%%ker

Quote: