Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #31
Rock ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
Anyone recommend a good dealer in Perth?
I know its not Perth but its not far. Lane Ford in Mandurah. I wont get a Ford from any other dealer now. They have the best range of FPV's too.

New FG XR6T ZF
Rock ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 03:05 PM   #32
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sinclair Ford in Penrith NSW. Bought my GTP from them in 2003. Went to City Ford and Thomson Ford first but they just weren't interested in my 2001 AUII XR8 trade. Got the best price by far from Sinclair Ford and have had no hassles with service. Even got the timing chain tensioners replaced FOC even though car 18 months out of warranty.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #33
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Haven't had a problem with Breamer Ford, Ipswich.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #34
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Courtney & Patterson in Heidelberg, bought my BAII from there, Leonie(who now does the finance) is great, and so is Adam. Haven't used parts or service from there.

Binks Ford in Footscray, great service department.

David Nutter Ford in Berwick & Pakenham are good too.

Coffee Ford in Dandenong can suck my wang.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #35
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

I had a rough start with Pac ford, but that was the salesman, he didnt work there much longer lol.

But heir service dept has been great, and one of their sales guys tried to help me out a lot as well, would def reccomend them!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #36
Ozzyiceman
Formula F6 - Hmmmm!

President Ford (Elsternwick) looked after me when I had problems with a new Explorer a couple of years ago, but tended to hold on to the vehicle a bit long for my liking. It's due for its 60k service shortly, but will probably go elsewhere if nothing more than getting a better deal. Ford dealer services can be pricey!

Car # 2 - I'm about a month away from booking my new R Spec in for its 3,000k 'health check'. My nearest Ford Dealership is NewOak, but I understand they also have a service centre in Caulfield. Does anyone have any feedback on either of these locations?

Also, and I know this is probably a little removed from this thread, but any suggestions/checklist of things to cover off (from a F6 owners perspective) which I should ask them to check during the 3k complimentary would be very much appreciated.

Cheers........
'02 Explorer - V6 - Mineral Grey
One Day! '69 RoadRunner or '71 Plymouth Cuda or '66 Pontiac GTO
Too much horsepower is just about enough." - Carroll Shelby
Ozzyiceman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #37
Fax

Kloster Ford Newcastle
Fax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

Sterling Ford Bundoora- Our family has purchased a number of vehicles through them over the years (were previously Costanzo Ford). Service Dept is good, helpful and seem to know their stuff...Even the organisation I work for that runs a fleet of Falcons sends all the cars there, even though Bayfords of Epping is around the corner.

Bayfords of Epping, Sales is good, bought the BA from them. Service Dept is glossy, with their valet drop off and nice waiting area and GOOD coffee......BUT I have had problems with the poor customer service and lack of understanding by the Service advisor
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #39
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also find Bremer Ford at Ebbw Vale hard to pass. Have bought the terry from them and had all the families cars serviced there and they are pretty honest and about on par with costs.

2004 BA MKI Tradesman Ute 1 tonner in Vibe
Tinted windows, Alloy scuff plates.
The rest is still stock as a rock
www.bseries.com.au/2fishingdogs

2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #40
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Winford Motors in Windsor and Dominelli Ford at Kirrawee
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #41
fos408

Strapp ford Doncaster ,great service
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #42
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wish I could add to this thread but I am yet to come accross a decent ford dealership......
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #43
phoenix99

phoenix99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #44
GT Lee351
Starter Motor

Great experiences with fleet and new and used car sales at Coburg Bayfords.
Have purchased 14 cars from there since 1985

Service Department at Coburg are reliable and customer service was above standard.
However, have had a few issues with their diff and transmission rebuilding division.

Bayfords Epping was good as well.
Old 17-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #45
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

New oak fork in Oakleigh. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, kept me informed if there were any issues and stuck their neck out to help.

But one dealer i'd never go to is Knox Ford they were just not interested in making a sale at all. Waited 20 mins till someone strolled over, and the yard was empty. Then he looked and spoke to me like i was just some young kid who wanted to just take a test drive and never come back.

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Dale Ford Chullora, if anything they have most of the Jubilee Ford guys there, and sales and service is excellent. Can't recommend Karen in sales and Jorge in service highly enough.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #47
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fax
Kloster Ford Newcastle
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #48
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

In the bush, Gunnedah Ford are OK
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #49
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rebel Ford - Elizabeth SA. Will not buy from them ever again! So they can put that in their pipe and smoke it! I use Maughem Theim at Christies Beach for service work and they have been fine. But a repeat visit seems mandatory to have everything that you ask to be done with that organisation.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #50
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Stirling Ford in Bundoora has been the best Ford dealer I've dealt with. Sales seem good (wish I bought from there) and service they're switched on.

Will never use Courtney & Patterson again after their service department are incompetent and arrogant especially the knob with the English voice. Sales were alright when I bought but now so far down the toilet they're in Werribee.

Bayford were alright in sales. Service isn't looking the best, but will try them again soon....maybe. Stirling Ford were just too good with the old car.
Old 17-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #51
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Bought my car at Etheridge Ford in Vermont. Got an "old school" salesman who used a lot of the old pressure sales tactics but left out the BS. Got it serviced there to start with then at Ringwood (closer to home). Very happy with both. I then moved to Vermont South and was spewin they closed their Vermont yard.

Last 2 services were done at Strapp Ford in Burwood because it is marginally closer to home than Etheridge in Ringwood. Much more convenient to leave the car there and tram it to work. Very happy with them as well but the next service will cost plenty. Not looking forward to that!!

So there you go, another vote each for Etheridge and Strapp.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #52
290v
290v

Maughan Thiem Ford Port Rd
they support
Gt Falcon club of SA
FPV Club of SA &
XR8 & XR6 Owners club of SA
there service centre are great team and most of the members use thier Crash repairs as well with little complaints
Old 17-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #53
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDterri
Sterling Ford Bundoora- Our family has purchased a number of vehicles through them over the years (were previously Costanzo Ford). Service Dept is good, helpful and seem to know their stuff...Even the organisation I work for that runs a fleet of Falcons sends all the cars there, even though Bayfords of Epping is around the corner.

Bayfords of Epping, Sales is good, bought the BA from them. Service Dept is glossy, with their valet drop off and nice waiting area and GOOD coffee......BUT I have had problems with the poor customer service and lack of understanding by the Service advisor
mate sterling ford is is one of the best in melbourne for thr best deal in town speek to matt in new cars and yeh service dept have fixed my car right the 1st time
747jet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #54
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix99

yeah mine 2
747jet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #55
xr_ash
Banned

Agreed with 290v, Maughan Thiem Ford, Port Adelaide. I bought my car from there second hand, and prior to me owning it, it was the service managers car! So it has always been serviced there too! Excellent.

Other than that, I was living in country NSW for a bit and McAllister Ford at Young was also very good.
xr_ash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #56
efI_Fairmont

I bought my GTP from Metro Ford Brisbane and found them to be helpful and gave me a great deal. So far, the service department has been excellent also, very good price I thought for it's service and they checked everything with me first, which is great.
Old 26-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #57
HUNTER8

Maughan Thiem, Port Adelaide by a long way if your buying.
HUNTER8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #58
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTp001
I know its not Perth but its not far. Lane Ford in Mandurah. I wont get a Ford from any other dealer now. They have the best range of FPV's too.
Lane Ford are pretty sharp on price for new stuff and the owners are Ford fans, they have a few old GT's stashed away. Wasn't that impressed with them though, not really willing to talk decent trade.

Spoke to most recently, Lynford (nothing special), Nuford (not good and I know someone there too), Titans (not bad), I prefer the independent dealers, Midway Ford in Midland are willing to talk turkey, McKinerny Ford in Morley got my vote and I just so happend a friend who I hadn't seen for ages works there, if your after a new car ask for Mark Halls and tell him I (Kieron) sent you from fordforums.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 12:54 PM   #59
yueses

In Melbourne,

I bought my car from Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing, I live out near Knox but a mate and his family bought a few cars from there at that time and I got a great deal from them because of that..

.. they are great, the girl who took all the calls for the service department was cranky all the time and was annoying to talk to, to be honest, she wasnt friendly or helpful- just couldnt get off the phone quick enough, my mate who bought his car from there too said the same thing. but thats the only fault I ever had with the yard..

.. if you buy a car from there expect the standard "nah we cant go any lower than that price" rubbish, .. but if you get your car serviced there, if you drop it off at 7am tell them you need it by midday.. otherwise they wont start your car until around 3-4pm.. i found out the hard way.. when I used to get my old car serviced at holden, if i dropped it off at 7am it was always done first and ready by mid-late morning..

I only now book my car in at a dealer to get a basic service done- logbook stamped etc.. anything else gets done by my best mate.. i'd rather pay him than pay them triple for the same job.. and he does a better job anyways ;) plus there is a lifetime warranty haha ;)

overall, compared to other yards I have dealt with, both ford and holden in my younger years, this one comes highly recommended from me.
yueses is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #60
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoXr6
New oak fork in Oakleigh. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with, kept me informed if there were any issues and stuck their neck out to help.

But one dealer i'd never go to is Knox Ford they were just not interested in making a sale at all. Waited 20 mins till someone strolled over, and the yard was empty. Then he looked and spoke to me like i was just some young kid who wanted to just take a test drive and never come back.
I think they are both owned by the Stillwell group.

I know what you mean about their sense of wanting a sale at Knox. Coffee's all round and a chat with one another is more importmant than a sale.

Their better at light commericals than cars for sales
I ended up at Coffey Ford in Dandenong for the purchase of the car
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post