Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #31
070mstg

shannons are great for classics, about $1000 a year for $20 000 cover on the mustang, second year dropped to $800.didnt ask elsewhere after they quoted that,signed up straight away.
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #32
070mstg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
:
Which makes me wonder - if all you XR6T and XR8 owners are so damn good drivers, why are the premiums so high. Me thinks it is because you crash your cars more. So do the insurers.

***Sits back in chair with cheesy grin waiting for all the rev-heads to attack***

haha, yes i worked on an XR6T that some (foolish) dad was buying for his sons FIRST car, he was complianing about the MASSIVE insurance on it, despite being in his name,adding his son as regular driver knocked it right up.
the insurance company were right, he smashed it up on his first weekend,showing off to his mates.probably a good thing he smashed it up so quick without hurting anyone
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #33
formerly
loving the Xr8

1500 a year for my 04 xr8 ute in sydney through nrma and 24...i was expecting more!!
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #34
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Says alot about Accident records with people driving VS Commodores doesnt it.
I was told its a "high risk" car.

The quote for the EF for full comp was around $1300 if I remember correctly. But the EF cost half as much as the VS.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #35
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

AUII XR8 with extractors, exhaust, 18" rims, intake and it's lowered. I'm 24 with 1 speeding fine and 1 claim for criminal damage to my name. How much to insure mine with the RACV, $945 a year. Everyone else either wouldn't touch me or wanted close to $2000 a year.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #36
Hitman
Way over here

VXII SS $428 Full Comp with AAMI.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Ah. I did'nt think about that. Sometimes being old has its good points. (just under $400 for an AUII Fairlane)

Have you tried insuring the Laser in YOUR name with your son as the main driver?
Took me long enough to get back on this but to answer your question,yes that was what the quote was for which included 35% ncb as he also had 12 months with them 3rd party. We also have numerous other policies and we live well outside Sydney. Was a bit funny we were sitting outside dealer when I got the quote and I was stunned. My wife was prodding me to tell her stuff in one ear and NRMA on the phone in the other,I think I missed about 2mins of conversation haha.