Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #31
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
OMG!!!!

Now that would be the most painful and embarassing injury a man could sustain...
Makes my career high of 30 stitches look like a grass burn...

Yeah we still have a laugh about to this day, i have never seen so much blood as i did that day. The other funny thing was at the hospital after they got him off to sugery one of the nuses offered to rub it better and his wife went ape sh*&t, they were trying to start a family at the time.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #32
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
.... and the worst one was my partner he was carrying a gear box over to a bench and drop it and got his di&^k court and cut the tip of geees did he scream.
Holey shit!!!

i think a career change would be in order after that one... :
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #33
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Usual cuts and grazes to knuckles and fingers.

Metal splinter in the eye, damn that hurts!

Chipped bone on forearm when a socket broke and my arm followed through hitting off the block.

Petrol/Chemical burns that have healed.

Petrol in the eye.

When pouring fuel into the carby of an XB and it backfired, said fuel container caught fire and was thrown in my direction. No scars thankfully but the paintwork on the car behind didn't fair as well.

Had my foot run over because someone said they'd chocked the wheels and they hadn't.

Does a broken toe from kicking a car count? :P
Old 01-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #34
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

metal needed to be scraped from my eyeball after i rubbed it in after wiping sweat from my forehead after grinding,

i had burst my skin (1cm clean cut that you could see indide the finger)that covers the index fingers knuckle after giving a bolt the MASSIVE TORQUE required to undo a bolt, when it finally did lossen my hand went 100mph into a angle bracket. close to fainting this occasion

working on XE driving light wiring when i heard pshhhh(i'm thinking that sound is familiar) when bang a karate chop to the back of the head from the bonnet(F#*king gas strut bonnet holders) no injury other than literally seeing stars like in cartoons and a massive bump with a bit of pain

plus the usual scraped nuckles and burns on exhuast and crap in the eyes
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #35
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

A stitch in the side of my stomach from laughing so hard at casper losing his patients working on xd in brisbane. we had just started living together and i was used to my father working on a car who had extreme patients, not casper who would throw a hissy fit real quick trust me do not go near him if he ever works on a car, its like a real scarything watching tools fly.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #36
AdzT3-146
own the road

burnt my leg on our old XE tailpipe unloading the shopping when i was really young.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Getting in the car to start it after an oil change when I bashed my head on the door sill. Bruised main nerve, affected my hearing.

Countless burns from changing my damn air intake to JMM Dev kit. Must let the car cool first.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #38
Twisted
Contributing Member

My auntie slammed my fingers in the top of her door and actually started driving off while i was bashing on the window. 2x broken fingers from that one.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #39
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Gawd, all of these are either seriously funny or seriously painful (mostly both).

I've done a few silly things, like get fingers trapped, burnt, bruised etc.; lost a diamond out of my engagement ring when I smashed it on the inside of the bonnet after burning my finger on something... I no longer wear my rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #40
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs casper
A stitch in the side of my stomach from laughing so hard at casper losing his patients working on xd in brisbane. we had just started living together and i was used to my father working on a car who had extreme patients, not casper who would throw a hissy fit real quick trust me do not go near him if he ever works on a car, its like a real scarything watching tools fly.
THAT IS BLOODY FUNNY. isaw a work mate of mine chuck a wobbly whilst working on a fork lift, he had a long torque wrench in his hand and got the shits that much he started shouting and raving and waving it about in the air , smacked himself square in the forehead ( accidentally ) that shut him up he was wobbling around on his feet after that for a few minutes.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #41
Tiga_EL
Banned

Well i got severely burnt to the back of my head coz my cousins Xe kept overheating.. he decided to flush all the water out by letting the radiator cap loose and then pouring cold water in after.. Anyways while doing that i was leaning against the car talking when he decided to half undo it so most of the water sprayed off the radiator cap and onto the back of my head. It was like a sunburn thats only 100 degrees hotter.

I almost lost 2 fingers the other day aswell with the angle grinder.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #42
WeirdEL

The worst I've had was when welding up an exhaust under a car using a gas welder. The welding wire slipped in my hand and landed on my arm while still white hot. Ssssssssssss - cooking meat smell! It didn't hurt for a while...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #43
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

You know it's bad the longer the delay between actually injuring yourself, and when it starts to hurt...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #44
xyute
A.k.a wolf159

The usual cuts and bruises, and the occasional serious event.
1. Had an idiot mate remove the radiator cap while I was checking the fan belt tension for him, resulting in a face full of very hot coolant, came home from the hospital looking like the Mummy, girl friend thoght it was so funny she nearly pi@#ed herself.
2. Asked a weed affected friend to hold the bellhousing in place on a Charger while I reached for a socket, result new bellhousing hat and a hell of a lot of stiches
xyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #45
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
You know it's bad the longer the delay between actually injuring yourself, and when it starts to hurt...
Very true. Same if it takes a while to start bleeding.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #46
BuuBox

I've had the usual blood spirting everywhere and all that, but nothing too major thank god! *touch wood* and all that.

Cut myself today bloody putting a new headunit in my girlfriend's Excel, what an absolute **** of a car to work on, especially getting under the dash. Had to basically take apart the heater controls to get to the headunit, and then putting them back, near impossible especially when there's grease everywhere. Makes my Fairmont look bloody easy! It's all in now, after a hell of a lot of swearing. The result makes any pain (almost) worthwhile.

Last edited by BuuBox; 01-06-2005 at 08:33 PM.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:36 PM   #47
81foxdwagon

Tryed to remove a stuck nut from inside a socket with a long flat bladed screwdriver.... oh the pain...

Singed the hair off the back of my hands after the good ol petrol down the carby trick backfired. (How funny is the fire burning on the underside of the bonnet tho!!)

Doused myself in petrol while draining the last of the tank out one day from arm to arm.... luckily I didnt catch fire...

Thats about it! Nothing as serious as some of the ones ive read here tho!
81foxdwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #48
LTDHO
The one and only

The funny thing is, we know will hurt and bleed, but we still do it...

Have you ever worked on a car the found these red marks everywhere. Then find ya slashed a finger or hand and ya pouring blood out throught all the grease all over everything?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #49
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I was wondering once why all this red stuff was showing upon bolts, couldn't feel a thing. Checked my knuckles and yep, I've hacked one up.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #50
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

When my Dad cuts or grazes himself while working he (and they guys he works with) wash the affected area in petrol. I think they're nuts!! : :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #51
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I usually hit it with brake cleaner....stings like a bitch but it'll kill anything that's worked it's way in.

Though I ran out when I last cut myself and the skin around the wound is looking a tad redish...
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #52
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

AH FFS!

I read this laughing at all the people and what happens at work today? I slip on some acetate and start to fall and try to grab onto the nearest bench. And what is on the bench? A razor blade (think industrial) that was in its holder. So it fell on my hand.. It was such a clean cut I didn't even feel it. Trip to the hospital and some stiches and back to work.. :(

Last edited by BA GT-HO; 01-06-2005 at 09:50 PM.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #53
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH7472
I have to admite that in the 20 odd years i have been in the motor trade i have never cut, burnt, broken or lost any part of any thing touch wood. But i have seen plenty. Worst one was my partner he was carrying a gear box over to a bench and drop it and got his di&^k court and cut the tip of geees did he scream.
Thats a cracker. I woke the family laughing

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #54
MRJUCY
Fordless

I was porting a set of heads & decided it would bea good idea to clear out the shaving with a blower which flicked the metal shavings into my eye.
I left it for a day trying to tough it out but a friend saw me & realised I basically couldn't see so he drove me to a 24hr medical centre. The doc there tried to get it out by kneeling on my chest whilst trying to scrape the metal out with a pin & kept complaining that I was closing my eyes & squinting until he gave up & sent me to hospital.
At the hospital the doc there put some crazy glowing stuff in my eyes so he could see what he was doing & got my friend to try & hold my eye open as he attacked me with a pin until he too gave up & sent me to an eye clinic.
So the next day i went to the eye clinic they strapped my head into this vice kind of thing that had metal parts to keep my eye open, they also drugged me up good so I couldn't feel anything much at all. They had a really good dig at it over several days & got most of it & what they couldn't they said would rust away.The fun thing was at one stage the drugs wore off which wasn't a nice feeling at all while you have pins sticking in your eye & once I left & they wore off my head felt like i'd gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. They also at one stage popped my eye out of it's socket which was a fairly freaky experience as being an eye your watching it all happen.
Anyways always wear safety googles.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #55
james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Checking a fuel leak on the old EB, the fuel hose wasn't on the rail properly. I bled the system pressure, tried to fix it, leak was still there. Jumped under the car again...ah I can see the problem, if I just unscrew the hose and put it bac....next second my head was under the kitchen tap trying to get fuel out of my eyes, nose, ears and mouth.

Countless cuts and burns, ah well, comes with the job.

yes i had this happen last saturday.

numerious headbashes, cuts and bruses
Old 02-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #56
Ol Barry

Several years ago, the good lady Barry's VB commodore was overheating and she asked me to look at it. I VERY carefully removed the radiator cap and stood back for a few seconds. Thinking it was safe I approached the car and peered into the radiator. I heard this gurgling sound and next thing I know I'm hit all over my chest with a geyser of boiling coolant. Lost a layer of skin or two but no scarring. Quick thinking Mrs Barry covered the burn in aloe vera which took the sting out of it almost immeadiately.

Other than that, I've had the usual skinned knuckles and minor head wounds, I always wear disposable cotton gloves when I work on the car now.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #57
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Thats a cracker. I woke the family laughing
It has that effect on most people i tell.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #58
Steffo
LPG > You

Didn't happen to me directly.. but none the less...
Where we used to live, our driveway was a steep incline.. and my dad's old van (88 or 89 Econovan Maxi).. my grandpa was doing something under it (I can't remember what, was too young).. but he tripped the handbrake somehow and the thing started to roll backwards. It would've run him over, but my dad was there and stepped on the brake as fast as he could. The edge of the wheelarch clipped my grandpa's head, and split it open. So my dad takes him to Mt Druitt hospital.. and they put them in the waiting room, expecting to wait while he was sitting there bleeding from the head and with oil all around the wound. My dad went off at them.. so they attended right away... if my dad wasn't there, the van would've killed my grandpa.. that was a close one.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #59
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Man, some of these are the funniest things I've ever heard, although some are a bit squeemish...Thankfully nothing major for me other than a few cuts & scratches
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 06:07 PM   #60
EA_Hooligan
Blown Head

Sprayed petrol into my eyes trying undoing the high pressure fuel line on the MPFI EA(Gregories said to depressurise first... pffft what would they know!).

Also almost had my finger cut off trying to take the diff out of an EA. I was holding onto the bottom arm of the axle as my friend lowered the jack... the top arms were still stuck at the top, then suddenly let go and because of the old rubbers strung back and left a nasty cut on the top of my finger.
EA_Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post