Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #31
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Didn't leave the NOS bottle open in the ute?

There has to be other life out there. I dunno about advanced life forms making physical contact (as in entering the planet's atmosphere in transport vessels) with us, however due to the sheer size of the universe, the number of stars, planets, etc etc, it'd be crazy to say there's nothing out there.

I just think there's nothing close to us.

*wormholes* however could offer interesting anomolies, unless they are common enough to make non-linear displacemental travel the norm. For example the shortest distance between two dots on a piece of paper isn't a straight line between them... fold the paper so the dots sit on top of each other ;) ;) (although this is differentiating the "standard" 3 dimensions down to two in the paper's 2D plane case...)

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:42 AM   #32
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
well, personally i believe that "ufo's" are government test aircraft from NASA and places like Area 51 (tell me they dont have something dodgy going on in places like that).
I'm with you on that one. Have a look at nasa website and the ion engines at the jet propulsion laberatory. Maybe they're just about 10 years ahead of what they're telling us?

I wouldn't complain if there was aliens giving us a hand in the technology scape. Heck I'd welcome it. But all this seems a wei bit far fetched for my likings.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #33
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And damn i love that avatar ghia5l

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #34
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Are UFO's a secret airforce aircraft? Possibly. But usually when such a leap in technology is made in the secret military sector, you can see an obvious lead up in technologies that support it, in the civil aviation and conventional military aviation industries.

Nowhere do we see any logical technology leadups to this leap in aircraft maneuverability, to allow what some of us have seen performed in the sky to be a human operated aircraft. Infact aviation hasnt made any huge advances in decades in regards to how they operate in regards to physics. Theres no new materials(that can withstand such radical maneuvers), no new engine designs other then scramjet, which is great in a straight line.

Ion engines(AKA Orion Project) havent been worked on for decades because of the nuculear test ban treaty, which halted their development in the 60's I believe. Besides, linear acceleration of this type does not lend itself to a dead stop and turn too well. The stresses on the airframe would break it apart in a heart beat. Ion is meant for hypersonic/high altitude or space transportation. I wouldnt want one bolted to the next 767 i fly. If only because of the radiation!

Personally, i take a craft making right angle turns at high speed, pulling the type of G force load that would crush a normal human into porridge, as not something developed local. Its just another foreign import, but this time, not from Japan.

We are being invaded by space subaru's.

Maybe though the problem is that we are generalizing, do ALL UFO's we have seen have to fit into either catagory a or b? No reason why it cant be both and a little of catagory c, d & e.

If ET life is possible because of the size of the universe, its equally possible they are more advanced then us because of the age of the universe. If they are more advanced then us, its then possible for them to visit. As to a global coverup, im not so sure anyone has that much control over any situation on a global scale.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post