Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #31
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

just be very careful with pitbikes.... my mate has snapped 9 frames, he uses another brand now (can't remember the name at the moment), is the engine solid mounted?
hows the kid going on the bike anyhow?
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #32
kerrcdc
Starter Motor

my 5 and 7yr old girl and boy share a Yamaha PW50 I bought for them recently, its old, an 83 model, but still goes strong and is built tough!

I would be tempted to look at somethign 2nd hand like that rather than a chinese bike, I havent heard good stories about some of the chinese models in terms of things falling off an breaking.

Chris
kerrcdc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #33
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC

I have a Husky 400 for sale, but he might struggle to kick it ! ! !
He would have no trouble kicking it off the sidestand :->
Old 04-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

the bike is going well . although the kids didn't take to it like wild fire . they still enjoy a ride now and then . i have no hesitation iin recommending the durability of this bike .
this is an old thread but anyhow . it will do at least 90kms hr with me and him on it , that is over 100kg. it is rated at 120 kg. i take it over jumps , and always inspect the frame . no problem at all. it probably has about 50 hours on it now . with no hickups at all.
however i did need to repair the throttle cable is it broke straight away on start up.
the only one that doesnt ride it is my misses. because before xmas . thats right, on a test ride, in front of the neighbours, she bagged me out and scorned me for riding it too fast and, turning into a 2nd hand bke before xmas, i offered her a tewst ride and she jammed her rist on full throttle and stacked it in the neighbours garden . she slightly bent the frame , ( which i had to straighten) and grazed her arss. her ego was shattered .
other than that the bike has been great .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #35
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
...she jammed her rist on full throttle and stacked it in the neighbours garden ....
LOL, my missus did the same the day we first brought my sons Honda XR70 home, that was 18months ago when he was 8.

He's hooked big time. I've since got myself a trail bike so I can go riding with him and he's looking to upgrade come this christmas. Were currently discussing the pro's and cons of a cheap Chinese bike or sticking with a Honda (new or used).
Old 04-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #36
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

:
golden!
glad to hear all is well mate
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #37
webby_191189
low wagooon

i got mine when i was 4. im now 17 and do not own a motorbike but its a skill you never forget and your son will love you so much for it. I'd say its a perfect age to learn. And think later on in life if he gets a bike with a clutch it will also help him learn the principles of a manual car eg. clutch control

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
damon90
(advertise here)

yeah never to young to learn to ride a motorbike i say go for it he will have a heap off fun
damon
damon90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #39
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good on ya mate.. If I read correct and it's an auto though.. If the kids pick up interest i'd personally get them involved with a manual bike.

I started when I was about 5 on a HEAVY old yammy (i think?) GT80. Best thing I ever did was learn how to use the gears and ride whilst learning about everything.

Seriously, a lot of the stuff you learn carries onto driving a car (simple things like engine braking, how different traction is on surfaces, clutch work etc) when you're older and I had some of the best fun ever riding bikes (spend too much on cars now to keep doing it!). I knew from that age that you could use gears/engine to slow yourself down instead of/as well as brakes.. My ex when she was 19 and had been driving for a year didn't even understand it!
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #40
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
the bike is going well . although the kids didn't take to it like wild fire . they still enjoy a ride now and then . i have no hesitation iin recommending the durability of this bike .
this is an old thread but anyhow . it will do at least 90kms hr with me and him on it , that is over 100kg. it is rated at 120 kg. i take it over jumps , and always inspect the frame . no problem at all. it probably has about 50 hours on it now . with no hickups at all.
however i did need to repair the throttle cable is it broke straight away on start up.
the only one that doesnt ride it is my misses. because before xmas . thats right, on a test ride, in front of the neighbours, she bagged me out and scorned me for riding it too fast and, turning into a 2nd hand bke before xmas, i offered her a tewst ride and she jammed her rist on full throttle and stacked it in the neighbours garden . she slightly bent the frame , ( which i had to straighten) and grazed her arss. her ego was shattered .
other than that the bike has been great .

THE KIDS DONT RIDE THE BIKE AT ALL AND DONT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN IT . IT HAS HAD ABOUT 50 HOURS USE IN TOTAL . STILL IN SAME CONDITION . ANY OFFERS I'LL CONSIDER HERE . . before i sell on e'bay .
Old 14-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #41
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats a shame I got my kids a 50cc quad and a 50cc dirt bike for Christmas (jsut hte 2 stroke ebay specials) and whilst my 7yo son could take or leave it my 5yo daugher absolutly loves both of them

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 01:59 AM   #42
gtfpv
GT

THAT'S AWESOME MATE . i used to ride in the forest up the road . but i cop spoilt my day once by telling me . i was commiting offences worth $2500 . told me he felt sorry for me and let me off , as i was only having a father and son moment .
i said no wonder kids only play TV GAMES these days . you cant walk out of your house without breaking a law. he kindly let me walk the bike home .
my son hasnt sat on the bike since . that was about 12 months ago.
the only use it gets now is me giving the DOG , joy rides in the back yard .
the cockerspanial loves it .
the bike is in good nick . comes with gloves knee pads, elbow pads and maybe helmet.
it is identicle to a yamaha TT50 , WHICH RETAILS AT $2200 you would be mad to pay that .
Old 15-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #43
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

We bought a 110cc quad bike for $500 .. Its Chinese and we know that it needs maintenance. The main thing we replaced all the bolts that hold back swing arm, bolt tensioner.. Had no issues since.. But if your the type of person who buys and plays and doesn't know maintenance ? Then yes spend $3500 on Yamaha etc.. Which is a lot of $$ for something you cannot legally ride on the road..
I think we spoil our grandson ?? Just alittle?? THo his old man gets to ride it most the time..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jye 014 (Medium).jpg (101.3 KB, 66 views)
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4

Last edited by ebxr8240; 15-07-2008 at 11:40 AM.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #44
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Quote:
THAT'S AWESOME MATE . i used to ride in the forest up the road . but i cop spoilt my day once by telling me . i was commiting offences worth $2500 . told me he felt sorry for me and let me off , as i was only having a father and son moment .
i said no wonder kids only play TV GAMES these days . you cant walk out of your house without breaking a law. he kindly let me walk the bike home .
my son hasnt sat on the bike since . that was about 12 months ago.
the only use it gets now is me giving the DOG , joy rides in the back yard .
the cockerspanial loves it .
the bike is in good nick . comes with gloves knee pads, elbow pads and maybe helmet.
it is identicle to a yamaha TT50 , WHICH RETAILS AT $2200 you would be mad to pay that .
mate if you like you can pm me or post how much you want for it and ill have a think about it.