Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 AM   #31
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
I turned 30 and NRMA raised my 3rd party and comprehensive(quite a few $100). Rung them up to ask why, and they ended up losing my 3-4 policies I had with them. AAMI were so much cheaper, and although I don't get to choose my repairer like I did for NRMA, the $$$ saved is better in my pocket then theirs!!
AAMI are great!!! Have all my insurance with them...cept the coupe...which THEY were gonna insure...went with Shannons for that...

Shannons are great...half the price and friendly as....but house and daily driver...sings ."Lucky...your with AAMI"
Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 AM   #32
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
AAMI are great!!! Have all my insurance with them...cept the coupe...which THEY were gonna insure...went with Shannons for that...

Shannons are great...half the price and friendly as....but house and daily driver...sings ."Lucky...your with AAMI"
And when Geez Louise sings, you better listen cos she knows the words. I have the EA and the AU with CGU. Had a few problems with the policy on the EA but its all good now.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #33
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

We Insure all our stuff with a Broker , 3 cars , house & contents etc . VERY reasonable price .

Anywayzz , a couple of years ago the Mrs hit a Roo in Canberra , called the broker next morning and was told to take the car to any P/beater in town . 7 day's later the car was back in our drive all fixed .

No fuss at all . Also , being in a small town (everybody knows each other) if we're "a bit short" when the payment is due , the Broker says " In the next few weeks will be fine" .

Wouldn't change for quids !

Norm

Edit
Grace Bros Removals , used to be the same , nothing to to with Grace Bros stores , a company just paid them for the use of the name .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 AM   #34
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Yeah I'm with AAMI I jacked my excess right up so I'm only paying $700 bucks a year for a modded car.

Even if I am at fault the agreed value that includes the exhaust is more than I owe on my car so if I crash at my fault I can pay off my loan and have enough money left over to buy an EL or something.

Only problem is the 2 mod limit which means I'm at a brick wall at the moment after I put on my exhaust and extractors.

Am I the only one who things it is funny the level of insurance knowledge by young people on this forum???

Most Holden mates I have aren't even quite sure what insurance is so don't have any lol
Just put the Cat-Back+Extractors under "Exhaust" that way you have room for 1 more mod!
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #35
EF Futura 07
14.915 @ 151 KPH

well how does this sound. i have three cars, all fully insured. (these were the cheapest prices) i have a 20% no claim

1: 95 Futura Sedan I6 Auto 100% Stock (even has original hubcaps : ) $1520 per year (NRMA)

2: 96 S2 Futura Sedan I6 Auto (xr front/exhuast/Wheels/lowered/cd) $1700 (NRMA)

3: 98 VT Berlina Sedan V6 Auto (lowered) $1300 (NRMA)

what a joke, im only paying $180 a year more for the 96 with all them mods compared to the stock 95 : : :

some other places like AAMI wanted up to $500 more. on all cars

EL XR Front, 16 inch Tickford's, Superlow's Front/Rear with Monroe GT Sport's : , XR6T Snorkle/Fram Filter, 4499's/Hi Flow Cat/2.5 inch Redback, 4.11's/LSD, 5% Tint, Sony Head Unit/ 6 1/2 Inch 190w Speaker's
: 14.915 @ 151 kph 60' 2.254 :
EF Futura 07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post