Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #31
hppsc
Banned

Holbrookau, if it has ABS, and there's no fuse, the ABS light would be on.. It's not on, so it may not have ABS?
hppsc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #32
dsjoyce

Crawled under the car again, and the only other marking i could see on the diff (besides some sort of serial number i think) was a yellow sticker that simply said 4JF. This is starting to bug me!

Fusebox in engine bay definately looks like it's got an ABS fuse.

One other question, and maybe i should start a new thread for this, but in the fuse panel by the dash - the top middle spot (unfused in my car) is marked CB 30A and S.A. SUSP. The manual simply says NO FUSE and doesn't give a description. Any ideas? Same with the T/S relay in the same fusebox...what's it do?
dsjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

That would be self levelling suspension. as on Fairlane/ltd
If the ABS fuse is in but no light comes on you will proberbly find the globe has blown or removed as the abs isnt working and the light was removed to hide the fact.
Check inside the rotors and see if the abs sensor rings are there.
They look like thin rings with lots of holes in them and they are on the inside of the rotors.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #34
bd737

My EB series II GLi wagon is an ex-police forensics runabout, marked OPT20 on the compliance plate. Features 2100(?)kg Reece factory towkit, and signs of the fittings inside for those early nineties car phones!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #35
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

if you want to see if you have abs just drive along and slame the brakes on if you lock up no abs if you it locks then regainse traction(no skiding) then you have abs simple.
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #36
dsjoyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cylEA
if you want to see if you have abs just drive along and slame the brakes on if you lock up no abs if you it locks then regainse traction(no skiding) then you have abs simple.
Hah the thought had crossed my mind, think i'll just go through all the less drastic options first I've shot an email off to ford, with a bit of luck they'll get back to me
dsjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #37
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

ok suit your self... I guess if you end up not having abs it could be trajic... Like what happened to me when I went from the 94ED fairmont ghia to a 91 falcon GL forgot about no abs and went sliding down the hill(in the wet) towards the lights thankfully no one was there and I stop right befor the lines.
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post