Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #31
BAFalconXT
Sold...

In SA it is about a $200 fine for growing a maraguana plant, its almost the same getting caught driving 10 hours after you have had a cone. Or maybe you just breathed in someones else smoke, that would show up...

Tell me the logic!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #32
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Cop: You are free to go mate
Junky: *(*^*&#%(*&!#*($*(&! I GOT RIPPED OFF! :@

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #33
AUIIForte

Testing THC, the chemical in weed by using saliva samples is really unreliable. I doubt they'd really care about that though, I think they'd be focusing more on the other drugs like ecstasy which I heard they test for too...
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #34
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
At last.
As of 15th Dec NSW Police will be able to to Roadside Drug Testing (RDT?)
about bloody time i`d say.

should be done all over australia.

i think that most people would be amazed at how many ******* are out there on the road and off their face.

and you will never convince me that dope does not affect your abillity to drive.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #35
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Plenty of bong heads or friends of bong heads in this thread.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #36
bEAn86

Yeah Elizabeth would be the drug,drunk, drop kick driving capital of SA! I just dont think our Jails are ready for the population increase that would result in policing such a, arrrr disturbed region. Maybe a brick wall around the region would fix it
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 11:27 PM   #37
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Plenty of bong heads or friends of bong heads in this thread.
LOSERS LOL at Elizabeth
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM   #38
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Please remember, the SA economy would collapse without our drug money. Elizabeth is where all our best lab technicians come from, the government funds their training at the Magill Training Centre. :evil_laug
Old 12-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #39
Simmo
White Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
DRUGS are for LOSERS who can't handle REALITY.
how many beers do you drink a night mate? ever gotten shitfaced at a party? this isn't breaking news, but alcohol is classed as a drug. and because its legal to drink it and even get drunk off it, theres a limit for having it in your system while driving. you'll want to be the most puritan of souls to make that crap fly anywhere. i'm no fan of having amphetamin laden drivers on the road, but i'm willing to wager on some of you guys have driven while even a little bit over the limit. dont be lumping drug use on 'losers who cant handle reality' when you sit down to 2-3 beers every night to 'relax'. the majority of drug use is recreational. that means for fun not escapism. just because your drugs can be taxed and are legal doesnt make them any safer or you any safer driver whilst on them.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #40
gozza

Id rather a stoned driver on the road then a drunk one..Hed be paranoid about getting pulled over thus driving like a granny haha
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #41
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Theyve had them in SA for some time now... but ive not seen the things once!!

I did get randomly pulled over a few months back and was having a chat to the officer about them, currently only being administered from the special "busses", not being administered by regular roadies.

Apparently a very expensive test to administer, when compared to say, breathalysers. Therefore the size of the deployment quite small.... and if they're not picking too many people up then i suggest the writing may be on the wall for the long term viability of the tests.

Was also shocked to read that the test currently administered in SA is capable of detecting the active ingredients of ecstacy (MDMA iirc??) but they're only fining people if methamphetamines/THC is detected... i think if you test positive to MDMA you're sent home on foot and not to drive for 24 hours?

Anyone who has spent any time around pill poppers will know that having drivers under the influence of ecstacy is not a great idea.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #42
gozza

Nope because when your under the influence of Ecstacy you think your superman and anything is acheivable
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #43
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
how many beers do you drink a night mate? ever gotten shitfaced at a party? this isn't breaking news, but alcohol is classed as a drug. and because its legal to drink it and even get drunk off it, theres a limit for having it in your system while driving. you'll want to be the most puritan of souls to make that crap fly anywhere. i'm no fan of having amphetamin laden drivers on the road, but i'm willing to wager on some of you guys have driven while even a little bit over the limit. dont be lumping drug use on 'losers who cant handle reality' when you sit down to 2-3 beers every night to 'relax'. the majority of drug use is recreational. that means for fun not escapism. just because your drugs can be taxed and are legal doesnt make them any safer or you any safer driver whilst on them.
Actually I don't drink alcohol at all. I got drunk at a party once when I was in year 12 in 1987. My mum is an alcoholic and that has put me off drinking. A guy at work has just booked himself into rehab. He got caught driving with BAC of 0.315.
Drugs are illegal by the way,

I am DEFINATELY not a cool as you but I bet I have more money.
Old 13-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #44
AUIIForte

Quote:
I am DEFINATELY not a cool as you but I bet I have more money.
I bet your not as happy as you could be. Drugs have been part of our human lives since we ever exsisted... Its the part of balancing drugs with sobriety that alot of people have trouble with. Also, the concept of using drugs to seek spirituality has almost been forgoten and people now are misusing them so much!
People just want to get high!

I dont have a problem with people using drugs, just aslong as they arnt doing anything too stupid. Just dont go around getting off at people because of the choices they have made in their life.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #45
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
I bet your not as happy as you could be. Drugs have been part of our human lives since we ever exsisted... Its the part of balancing drugs with sobriety that alot of people have trouble with. Also, the concept of using drugs to seek spirituality has almost been forgoten and people now are misusing them so much!
People just want to get high!

I dont have a problem with people using drugs, just aslong as they arnt doing anything too stupid. Just dont go around getting off at people because of the choices they have made in their life.
PEACE MAN!
Except when the druggie attempts to "seek spritualty" by making it "his choice" to steal my stuff.
Old 13-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #46
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeStRaFe
look... the fact is...
drugs are illegal...

DEAL WITH THE FACT.
YOU DO THE CRIME, YOU DO THE TIME.
its the same as random drug tests in the workplace.

it doesnt matter if you have not had drugs in the past 24 and still get done...
YOU STILL TOOK DRUGS = THEREFOR ILLEGAL
Most workplace drug testing policy revolves around influence, ie if you are still affected by the drug, not to single out people who induldge in socially unaccepatable behaviour.

If I drove a camry and couldn't see why someone would want to put an aftermarket exhaust on their car, then I would probably support legislation to ban all vehicle modification. How would that make you feel? I think a bigger danger on our roads is the elderly and their always on drugs!
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #47
aualright

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
Testing THC, the chemical in weed by using saliva samples is really unreliable. I doubt they'd really care about that though, I think they'd be focusing more on the other drugs like ecstasy which I heard they test for too...
I agree...I think it would be easily fought in court. I think it will mainly be used after accidents or driving infringements rather than random as is the case with drink driving. Until they have more research on this, I can see the lawyers having a field day.

What happens with all those depressed 4wdriving mums on the north shore of Sydney who are piped up with valium..?? Will that be part of the test?

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #48
aualright

Quote:
DRUGS are for LOSERS who can't handle REALITY.
betcha you had a Jim Beam and Coke in your hand when you sprouted that..
Old 13-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #49
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aualright
I don't think so.
Old 13-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #50
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I highly doubt that. As below.

Quote:
Actually I don't drink alcohol at all.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #51
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I highly doubt that. As below.
Thanks for that
Old 13-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #52
aualright

Quote:
I don't think so.
Yeah...just being facitious. Saw your previous post and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But your personal experiences may have blinkered your opinion compared to others.

Old 13-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #53
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
PEACE MAN!
Except when the druggie attempts to "seek spritualty" by making it "his choice" to steal my stuff.
What has this got to do with this thread.
At least if you did drink you'd have some excuse for the dribble..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #54
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget378
What has this got to do with this thread.
At least if you did drink you'd have some excuse for the dribble..
Read the whole thread and just maybe you will understand the dribble. Druggies STEAL from you to buy DRUGS, get it now?
Old 13-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #55
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah...just being facitious. Saw your previous post and you are definitely entitled to your opinion. But your personal experiences may have blinkered your opinion compared to others.

I wouldn't call my personal experiences of being locked up with druggies a blinker. Quite the opposite actually. Drugs are REALLY BAD NEWS.
Old 13-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #56
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not drugs that are the issue here its people lack of self control and judgement, gambling can just as easily ruin a life as drugs. But we don't ban poker machines do we?
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #57
Matty b
Starter Motor

i have a bit of a question with this drug testing stuff. hopefully somone knows how they will determine this, but the thing with weed is if you are passively smoking it say walk into a mates house or room and they have 5 mates having a dutchie in there 3-5 breaths mate and you are gone(by gone i mean registering THC in the blood stream). So does this mean through no fault of your own you are now not able to drive for 6-12 hours??? Also some smart *** bloke at a party hands you a splif instead of a cigie and your dezignated dave... were does that leave you??? What rights do you have and what percentage of THC has to be in your system before it starts to effect your motor skills... i would love to see the scientific doses and the control weed they used to determine what is too much or how much weed you need to smoke to register a failed test. Did the cops just keep having a toke and use the drug test kits on themselves to determine when they were off chops and make that the limit??? Although i do not smoke weed alot of my mates do so some of these situations may arise from time to time and i want to know what the go is..
Matty b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #58
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Read the whole thread and just maybe you will understand the dribble. Druggies STEAL from you to buy DRUGS, get it now?
So what, because i smoke a cone every now and then that makes me a DRUGGIE???? That STEALS from YOU to buy it???

I work, I get paid, I do what i want with MY money...

Get off it :togo:

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 09:15 AM   #59
BAFalconXT
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty b
but the thing with weed is if you are passively smoking it say walk into a mates house or room and they have 5 mates having a dutchie in there 3-5 breaths mate and you are gone(by gone i mean registering THC in the blood stream). So does this mean through no fault of your own you are now not able to drive for 6-12 hours???
Depending on how good the weed is and how much you breath in, it will be in your system. If I saw the flashing lights of the drug bus ahead, I would be turning down the next street. I am sure there will be cases going to court like this. You still have to work out how not to incriminate your mates, or have them stand up in court and tell a judge you didnt smoke any of the weed or that they spiked your rolly with weed. Hopefully some mother spits the dumby when she gets busted after eating one of those brownies her son made... :1syellow1
Old 14-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #60
muppet

Quote:
I agree...I think it would be easily fought in court. I think it will mainly be used after accidents or driving infringements rather than random as is the case with drink driving. Until they have more research on this, I can see the lawyers having a field day.

What happens with all those depressed 4wdriving mums on the north shore of Sydney who are piped up with valium..?? Will that be part of the test?

Yep the courts will end up full of people defending these charges (with a large number getting legal aid) And unless they can actually say what level of the drug(I'm talking pot here) was in you're system they will have no other choice but to let you off. Meanwhile the heroin addicts will be merrily driving away.