Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #31
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Stupid Things Now Ex's have done to your cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloamrules View Post
X thought she could stop a 1.5 ton car rolling down the hill, nearly nailed her but she didnt get a scratch. Hyperflexed door and a dent in the apple tree but nothing that could not be repaired.... she never was big on physics and a lot of other things sane people do.

One time I left the hand brake off in my EF XR8 and didn't leave it in gear. It started to roll down the drive way towards the gutter, mate jumped behind it to stop it. I shoved my leg under the front wheel, kinda hurt my leg but the car survived lol.
We aren't smart sometimes when it comes to these things.
Linkachu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #32
goo33

Too many...

Shiela 1. Dented EVERY panel (bar the roof) in an immaculate '73 KE Corolla back in the day. Then wrote off a dead straight '79 Celica by driving it into the back of a slow cruising Falcon.

Sheila 2. **** me. Managed to get rearended by a 351 GT while driving into my driveway in a pristine '77 HX panelvan. After the panelshop was done, the stupid **** side swiped my fence and smashed in most of the left side.

Sheila 3. Turned into oncoming traffic and STOPPED hard. A wingnut in Camry stoved in the side of my runabout Yaris. Every new car I bought with this one had a panel dented within the first couple of weeks.

Sheila 4. Look, you get the picture.
goo33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #33
HULK_I6T
Banned

I was with a girl years ago who wasn't phycho but very blonde.

She tells me her car was playing up so I popped the hood to check it out for her.. As we were on the way to movies she thought I would make us late so she says no no and jumps on the hood... Locks the hood with 8 of my fingers locked in there....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Open the hood....

Then She took an eternity (or so it seems when your fingers are trapped) to work out how to open the hood.. I had a deep red line on 8 of my fingers and lucky not to lose them. She just giggled and thought it was funny.

Another time she took my XF falcon years ago and was putting petrol in it.. She said she drove past the bowser and had to reverse. But she opened the door and reversed hitting my door on the bowser bending it at the hinges.. It wouldn't shut.. Had to get new door and go to panel beater to correct.

A mate of mine loaned his rx2 Mazda show car to his girlfriend, it came back with no floor. The backseat on the left had no floor where the foot room is.. Just bare road.. She was apparently street racing (in 1990s) it and lodged it somewhere and took out the floor!!! No other damage.

God love em!!
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #34
FGX008

Smile Re: Stupid Things Now Ex's have done to your cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post
i,m not really sure where too start, there was so many

had a brand new sr5 hilux , the ( now certified personality disorder EX) run a bit of blue metal down to the bare metal from front too back . truck was 2 days old.

i did return the favour by jumping on her bonnet and put a sledge hammer into the bonnet as she was reversing off. i,m un diagnosed her car was a **** box though that i paid for.

gratefully i kicked her to the curb , now have the best girl in the world.
Mate

I would have cried and I would have also used every four letter word known to the univerise to express my total frustration about what occurred to you. Bloody hell ! Hope you are in a better space now.

Cheers , Brent
Old 26-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #35
Brodes
Brodes

One thing my ex done to her own car (ED falc) was top up the water level, only thing was she filled up the engine itself through the oil filler. I wasn't there to witness any of this, but soon after her trying to start it a replacement 4ltr found its new home.
Old 27-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #36
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a couple of stories:
1. A number of years ago my best mate traveled extensively around the globe with his work. He was MD in Australia for a large US company based in Wisconsin. He got very, very friendly with one of the women at Head Office in the US. He had told me about the developing "friendship" and I duly warned him in no uncertain terms if anything happened to make sure his wife was never, ever to find out. On one of his returns from The States I went to see him at his office where he looked decidedly sheepish but also quite chuffed with himself. I asked and he confided he had "hooked" up with the other woman whilst in the states. Again, I strongly warned him of the consequences, but hey he's a big boy and makes his own decisions. Anyway, some time later I called in again after his travels. His wife was at his work in the reception whilst I was there and she refused to look me in the eye. I had known her for around 30 years so there was no chance she didn't know me. I said hello, to which she replied, "I don't talk to friends of a...holes". I quickly realised this was something I'm not getting involved in. My mate came down and ushered me out the back into the factory and told me his wife had found out about the other woman. I asked how and he said the other woman had sent him a Valentine's Day card which was went to his Mother's address who inadvertently gave it to his wife. I got out of there quick smart to discover later his wife had cut up every piece of clothing he owned, including his shoes and paint stripped the company car. I thought I knew her very well but when someone is betrayed, you see a whole different person and what they are capable of.
2. Many years ago my ex father-in-law borrowed my car and took my 4 kids for a drive. On my way home I came across an accident and saw a car that looked just like mine only to realise it was mine. I saw my wife standing at the side of the road crying. You can't understand the feeling of dredd seeing something like that not knowing if any of your kids are alive or not. Fortunately, my kids were ok, the father in law was ok, too but the driver he hit had just that day come out of hospital after having open heart surgery. The Father in Law ended up getting charged for failing to stop at a red light, he had to buy me a new car and had the ***** with me for a long time because I didn't have sufficient insurance. Mind you, he never accepted the fact he was liable for what he did. Suffice to say, I have never lent my car to anyone, not even family since and have always had full comp insurance. It was a lesson hard learned.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2015, 12:44 AM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will start this by saying my still Mrs makes far less mistakes than me, usually. Before christmas we both got our motorbike licences at the same time. I was only looking at buying a scooter for riding to work but she was almost embarassed to tell her brothers and bils who all grew up on farms riding and all had nothing smaller than 900s inc Harleys etc. So I bought said scoot a 300 so not a piddling thing. Readying to ride out of garage I noticed a headlight warning light, asked Mrs to check front and she said all good but hard to tell. I decided to look myself and got off scoot whilst it was running, BIG mistake. As I went to put it onto rear stand Mrs Always Helpful went to right side and tried to help, did I mention she got her licence too? Well she grabbed twist grip as I was pulling on my side pushing on the stand and she pulled and twisted at the same time. The rear wheel wasn't off the ground and off it took. Between her BMW and MY XR6T. Are you cringing yet? It was a short trip for the scoot about 20', 5' to the front guard of said XR6T, another 3 to the front door, 3 more to the rear door and yet another 3 to the rear guard and bumper corner before it no longer had anything else to hit/lean on so it fell over. It took us both for the ride but I only made it to front guard where I let go post haste. It hadn't dawned on her as to why the scoot took off, did I mention she got her licence too, so she was still hanging on for grim death until it all stopped, in a heap, on the ground. I picked her up made sure she was OK, sighed at the damage, insurance will fix. Back in the garage with the scoot we checked the damage and she said "you must have twisted the accelerator". I was not looking forward to pointing out SHE was on that side. I will of course try not to remind her of that day too many times, a week.

Last edited by deesun; 27-01-2015 at 12:49 AM.
deesun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2015, 03:25 AM   #38
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a great thread ... I remembered an instance quite a while ago. Must have been in the late 70's but I can't be sure of the exact year. I had left home at the time and was living in a flat with my partner.

Went round to visit my mum and dad one Sunday. I had a younger sister who still lived at home. She did not have a driving licence but was learning to drive. She used to nag my dad to death about wanting to go out for a driving lesson all the time.

Dad had a bit of an old clunker Datsun 1600 at the time. Anyway he asked me to take her out for a while to shut her up and get her off his back. So off we go. Honestly it was scary . . I mistakenly thought she could drive ok but in fact she was hopeless. Had no clutch control and braked at the last second. Couldn't steer to save her life.

After about 5 minutes of sheer terror I said lets go back home. She went up Dads street and as we got closer to the driveway which was going to be a slow right turn I said "ok you can slow down now". Instead she just kept going at the same speed and threw it into the driveway just missing my car which was parked on the footpath.

She didn't miss the front fence though which was a heavy solid one . . just took it out. Lucky she did as it was the only thing that stopped the car from taking out dads garage which was just up the driveway. Cleaned up the front and side of the Datsun 1600, pretty much wrecking it.

You should have seen my Dads face when he heard the crash and came out to see what had happened. If looks could kill lol. That was the last time I ever took her for a driving lesson.

She eventually did pass her driving test but god knows how. She is still on the road now in the Springfield area of Ipswich. Drives a tatty 1999 Toyota Corolla so give all Corollas around there a wide berth if you are in the area.

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #39
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentpan View Post
Mate

I would have cried and I would have also used every four letter word known to the univerise to express my total frustration about what occurred to you. Bloody hell ! Hope you are in a better space now.

Cheers , Brent
lol , some people will go to any length to get your attention. And it certainly got my attention after ruining the whole side of a brand new truck that cost over 50k .

hahaha better place you say . living the dream mate mind you, have a boy with the crazy looney so complete separation is very difficult . But an expensive solicitor who she has personally abused kinda shows a personal interest in her legal entitlements.

do have to say, love the opening post . Certainly made me feel a lot better about certain events that have occurred .Always nice to know your not alone

Last edited by strik9; 27-01-2015 at 10:51 AM.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #40
superfly
Go the Hogster!

It seems I'm the worst one offender in my case. My wife treats my car well.

I've run up the back of someone in her car, still has the tow bar mark on the front bumper. I also had some wood in the garage that my youngest decided to pull over and put a ding in the front guard of her car. And then just yesterday, I managed to gravel rash her door skin (wind blew it over whilst I had it leaning against the garage).

Worst things she's done was hit a cone in my old WRX whilst competing in the Gatton Sprints (tiny mark) and curb a rim slightly in my XR50 (I'd already curbed a rim and mine is more noticeable).

She's obviously a better driver than me but I was faster at the Sprints and quarter mile.

But (touch wood) I've not experienced malicious damage. Worst offenders are the ignorant in car parks.
Old 27-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #41
FGX008

Mine just took the whole damn car (and nearly everything else that was not tied down). On reflection it certainly stopped me worrying about whether or not she did anything to the car! It's all a distant memory now so I can laugh now, but it wasn't funny at the time.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #42
OCTANEBOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkachu View Post
One time I left the hand brake off in my EF XR8 and didn't leave it in gear. It started to roll down the drive way towards the gutter, mate jumped behind it to stop it. I shoved my leg under the front wheel, kinda hurt my leg but the car survived lol.
We aren't smart sometimes when it comes to these things.
Very true, i tried stopping a swinging gate with my mouth gate once in i rush to go on holidays, went fishin anyway but look looked that rooster with the big limps off forrest gump, the x had the last laugh I suppose.
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post