Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #31
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Fun evening at the police station for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Exactly! When ever I am asked any questions by the POo-leece i simply say, " with all due respect officer, I will not be answering any of your questions". I repeat this and always ask the questions, if I am free to go or am I being detained etc. But never answer their questions.
I wouldn't know whether to answer their questions or not, as I've never been in the situation where police have questioned me.

Concerns me a little that you seen to have multiple experiences of being interviewed by police!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2016, 10:57 AM   #32
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Exactly! When ever I am asked any questions by the POo-leece i simply say, " with all due respect officer, I will not be answering any of your questions". I repeat this and always ask the questions, if I am free to go or am I being detained etc. But never answer their questions.
Yeah but when you need them your'e on the phone to the Police faster than I was when I first found out pizza's could be delivered.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #33
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkles View Post
I always answer their questions. I've nothing to hide and I believe we have a civic duty to support and help the law enforcement community where we can.
I generally agree with the thrust of what you are saying.

But if you are being questioned about a serious offence, and it is clear you are a suspect, you have a civic duty to assist., but also have the right to protect your own interests.

Now if you give a casual answer to rapid fire questions, and you are a cleanskin, you may give an answer unwittingly that is wrong, because you will likely be relying on your memory.

Five people giving evidence about a car crash will generally, if truthful, give conflicting versions of the colour of the car.

Me- I cannot remember what I did last week without looking at my diary, let alone 4 months before.

If I was accused of something very serious, and I was innocent, I would give my name and address, reserve my right to silence, but fulfill my civic duty and protect my interests by putting all facts, checked as against all records, with corroborating facts and evidence, into a stat dec/affidavit.

Two sides to the coin, police deal with crims who lie all the time, and some are very skilled and it is hard to tell if they are lying, and in that context you give a casual answer that is wrong about some fact and this creates the belief that you are lying- avoid this by taking the time to produce your evidence in statement.

I predicate this on the basis that you are innocent and that you are simply providing a statement/stat dec that is truthful.

If you are guilty -and you lie in written statements and are misleading the community well ultimately the objective evidence will likely be your undoing and you will likely receive what you deserve.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #34
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Yea- riding a quad bike while herding sheep across the road wearing nothing while doing it -would have been a sight for sure-what was the cop thinking fining you for not wearing a helmet-was she a female cop that appreciated what she saw
lol just lol
I meant of all the things that "officially he could book some one for (if it was a road bike) it was only the non compliance of the helmet
was a city cop on his firs rural posting at a major town and hadn't even started the posting was on the way to start coming thru our out back area (not even a small town) and stoped me at the master homestead , even local sarg thought the fine was funny

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #35
scoupedy

First thing admit nothing deny everything tell them you didn't do at and were not there nothing else save it for court all you are doing is giving them help with their case. Get a lawyer. This guy could have made it up too get back at you over another incident. Basically listen to the cops don't give them any info the judge will throw it out in court.
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #36
mcsweenyfives

If you have an android phone with Google maps there is a function called timeline is great, access taking photos etc. You do need location turned on though. It has saved me a few times

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
mcsweenyfives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2016, 11:31 PM   #37
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
I had a simular incident here in WA
they recon the plate was mine (I couldn't read it) but the photo was of a work hiace van and ive never had one
and I wouldn't entertain them as I knew it wasn't me so they dragged me in to court where I produced a fine I received at the same time as the incident but 500 k's away and a letter proving the fine was mine from the issuing officer so they dropped it
whilst in court that day I appealed the fine as well and it was dropped
the fine was for riding a farm quad , unlicensed and unable to obtain one and me with out a bike licence for not wearing a helmet but nothing else whilst herding a flock of sheep across a road in the middle of nowhere around 20 years ago , magistrate laughed that I was fined for not having the helmet in that situation
Im sorry you went thru all that, but it's gold!! I'm surprised you didn't get turned over to the OHS brigade for not wearing a hi vis vest or charged for endangering a sheep
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2016, 07:04 AM   #38
scoupedy

Two examples of why you should be careful when dealing with the fuzz: I was a baseball player in WA and left the gear in my boot, the police searched my car ( they did this in WA to everyone with P Plates) when finding the baseball bat and other gear they asked me if I was about to be stabbed or shot would I use the bat to defend myself...I said f..kin oath BOOM possession of a weapon fine and lost the bat ($200 fine court costs and lost $300 pro kennex bat)
2nd whilst at a party in cottesloe (affluent area of perth) a depressed friend ran away from the party we followed in car slowly as we wanted to make sure he didn't kill himself. The cops tried to pin a hit and run(just a car not person) on me because some rich a@#$/hole had seen me acting sus. I resided to answer their questions and always had my parents with me when they tried to interview me and just said am I under arrest or not.
99% of their evidence comes out of your mouth.
Why do you think the cops ask you when caught speeding if you have any reason for doing so?
If you do tell them I'll let you know in court. There is no reason that will get you out of the fine unless your Mrs us having a baby or someone is half dead in the car. I usually say when they ask do you know any that will work and they say no they are just getting evidence if you say your late for work and then take it to court and say you had a medical emergency then they know your lying.
All my bad experiences with cops were in WA when I moved to the east coast I couldn't believe how nice the cops were. In the West they are complete Nazis.
Old 24-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #39
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
lol just lol
I meant of all the things that "officially he could book some one for (if it was a road bike) it was only the non compliance of the helmet
was a city cop on his firs rural posting at a major town and hadn't even started the posting was on the way to start coming thru our out back area (not even a small town) and stoped me at the master homestead , even local sarg thought the fine was funny
Lol, his first night at the pub would have been interesting....

Or the first time he needed the locals for help.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2016, 03:42 AM   #40
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Another thing to do is to download your dashcam regularly. Buy a 1-2tb HDD, and download the footage off the card to the HDD. Another process that you shouldn't have to do, but easy to recall if the need arises.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #41
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Lol, his first night at the pub would have been interesting....

Or the first time he needed the locals for help.
funny thing is you do (did might be a better word) get the good local cops in tho's places one of the towns the local plod use to drink with us keeping up then runs us home in the plod mobile )and not short trips either) and on particular town the local cop would close the main road when needed for a farm owner to land and taxi in to and out of ............ wait for it ...... the pub , drink flying

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #42
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
The Golden Rule: Don't talk to police. The police are trained to not trust you and you should likewise not trust them. If asked questions, kindly state "no comment" until they pack up and leave.
Exactly. If you are guilty, nothing you say will make the cops let you go. If you are innocent, you can mistakenly say something that makes you a POI for something. Better to keep quiet. There are very few times that you have to provide a story to police, and in those circumstances, take a lawyer.
After my son was involved in a fatal accident, 100% other driver at fault, I paid for a solicitor to attend the police interview with him. End result was other driver charged and found guilty and the magistrate remarked that out of the witnesses, it was my son's evidence that was most consistent. Other driver and passengers tried saying it was my son overtaking on a dual carriage way at fault for turning into them and not them accelerating and changing lanes into him
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #43
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
funny thing is you do (did might be a better word) get the good local cops in tho's places one of the towns the local plod use to drink with us keeping up then runs us home in the plod mobile )and not short trips either) and on particular town the local cop would close the main road when needed for a farm owner to land and taxi in to and out of ............ wait for it ...... the pub , drink flying
Haha no doubt.

We had a plod who would sit on our bumper on the way home from a night out when the HWP were in town to prevent them from pulling us up.
Also allowed us onto the road in the articulated tractors with duallies on.

Not any longer...

XC Cobra #181.
Old 26-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #44
Optional

Unsettling story.

Easy to understand why police would not believe you with a plate and correct description of the bike and rider though.

Can't see how the Celica dashcam or log book is any help btw. Unless it shows you driving.

Horrible spot if innocent.
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #45
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by syco26 View Post
I feel your pain. I had a similar situation a few years ago. Had spent the night at a mates on the booze and was making my way home, on foot and very drunk. 4 cop cars pull up around me, cops everywhere and tell me I am under arrest for assault. Get cuffed and taken to the local lock up. Cop sits there interviewing me and says that I bashed a guy in the back of a taxi coming from the dirt bike track. I explained I had been invited out there but had stayed at a mates place drinking instead. Cop says it was me and I fit the description. I ask what was the description and he say jeans, black t-shirt, shaved head, facial hair and tats. I explained that he had described half the town and he said "half the town is not out tonight but you are". I asked about the mentioned tattoos and he said that the guy had tats on his arms. I pointed out I didn't have any on my arms and he pointed to one on my hand and said that's on your arm. The interviewing went like this for some time until he said they drove past me with the victim in the car and he pointed at me and said I had bashed him.
Got let out the next day with a date for court. I went straight to the taxi base and left my name and number in a hope the cabby would talk with me. He did and I met the cab driver. The cab driver said it wasn't me, which I knew, and we went together to the police station. The driver explained that I didn't fit the description he had given the police the night before, average height and wide build where as I am almost 7 foot. The coppers said too bad and I would get my day in court.
I turn up to court with a signed statement from the cab driver, statements from my mate and his wife that I was there until the early hours when I left on foot as I got sick of waiting for a taxi, statements from the guys at the dirt bike club saying I was invited out there but never showed up. Three court appearances later the police finally drop all charges.
I could't believe that with all the evidence I had and presented to the police station that they still wanted to pursue it and waste not only my time but also the courts time on something that could have been resolved had they done their jobs.
The thing that annoyed me the most was within 1/2 hour of being released the morning after being arrested I had the name of the guy that actually commited the assault and he doesn't look anything like me.

I would speak to a lawyer and Sue for malicious prosecution.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #46
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Unsettling story.

Easy to understand why police would not believe you with a plate and correct description of the bike and rider though.

Can't see how the Celica dashcam or log book is any help btw. Unless it shows you driving.

Horrible spot if innocent.
So now people have to take photos of themselves where ever they go just in case someone makes a claim against them later on....?
Sounds about right.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #47
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
So now people have to take photos of themselves where ever they go just in case someone makes a claim against them later on....?
Sounds about right.
Not really sure how the police operate but I expect they were working on limited information. If they are going to question you they would always have the position that you are lying and you need to prove your innocence.

By the looks of it you have provided rock solid proof you were not the person. They will know you are not the person to look at.

Probably from your personal perspective you will feel quite peeved that you have not been vindicated and that the police should tell you so... but don't expect to hear anything back from them.
Old 28-12-2016, 04:00 AM   #48
Optional

Quote:
Sounds about right.
Um, no I did not say that.

Just that your log book evidence is so far from rock solid, like you claim, that it's almost useless.

And not sure why everyone wants to assume police are somehow in the wrong here and you did nothing.

All we know is that a bike with your plates, matching colour, helmet and rider description was reported.

You may not like it but what YOU claim is against logic and pretty much unbelievable.

Soooo... if you are telling the truth, either the police or the informant are mistaken/lying.

Which do you think it is? Seems far more likely that you are lying than either of them eh?

Or can't you see that either and still think I am making some comment about needing to photograph yourself driving
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #49
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sounds about right.
Facebook?

Instagram?

Now I know the reason for so many inappropriate selfies.......
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2016, 03:13 PM   #50
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy View Post
Two examples of why you should be careful when dealing with the fuzz: I was a baseball player in WA and left the gear in my boot, the police searched my car ( they did this in WA to everyone with P Plates) when finding the baseball bat and other gear they asked me if I was about to be stabbed or shot would I use the bat to defend myself...I said f..kin oath BOOM possession of a weapon fine and lost the bat ($200 fine court costs and lost $300 pro kennex bat)
This is the reason why some people have no respect for police.
Police trying to ping innocent people with stuff like this is a joke These officers should hand in their badge.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #51
scoupedy

Yeah the WA cops are NAZI's couldn't get over how nice they are on east coast when I moved here in 96. Let it be a warning to all.
They use to search cars pull them apart throw ever thing on the ground and when they found nothing just leave it where they through it.
One night I was pulled over three times and search the last times I got out stormed up to their car yelling "what do you f@ckers want?" they said I was seen acting sus in a neibouring suburb that I hadn't even been in all night. I told them that and threaten them with taking them for harasment they still search my car and found nothing again.
Had five friends strip search in front of local liquerland at three in the arvo school kids around one was the son of a Senator Beahan they found nothing.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #52
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Some of the agro expressed in this thread towards police confirms to me just WHY this country's in such a bloody mess! AND why crime is outta control!
When I was growing up, many times I had run-ins with the law (99% of times, my own stupid fault)...
The BIG difference back in those days was not just the fear of God you had for the police, but the respect you also had!... No bloody way would you ever talk back to a cop, let alone swear or abuse one!
I seriously shudder when I see some of these highway patrol or RBT shows on the TV and the appalling behaviour towards police by some of the friggin no-hoper, arswipe bogans that are pulled over!
30 years ago, try talking to a cop like these dills do and you'd wear a size 12 police boot up the backside and be sore & sorry for a week! (As it SHOULD be!)
This lack of respect for plod has eroded our whole society!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #53
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have speed cameras now...no need for Police anymore.

But honestly we are our own worst enemy. In my small country town the public toilets have been graffitied. So what does the council do? Installs a camera. Here's an idea how about we employ some Police, give them a car and get them to do the occasional patrol of the area.

But no, people want cameras who can't arrest anyone nor prevent ANY crime.
This country is now full of nuff nuffs who can't stop and think about consequences.

XC Cobra #181.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #54
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Some of the agro expressed in this thread towards police confirms to me just WHY this country's in such a bloody mess! AND why crime is outta control!
When I was growing up, many times I had run-ins with the law (99% of times, my own stupid fault)...
The BIG difference back in those days was not just the fear of God you had for the police, but the respect you also had!... No bloody way would you ever talk back to a cop, let alone swear or abuse one!
I seriously shudder when I see some of these highway patrol or RBT shows on the TV and the appalling behaviour towards police by some of the friggin no-hoper, arswipe bogans that are pulled over!
30 years ago, try talking to a cop like these dills do and you'd wear a size 12 police boot up the backside and be sore & sorry for a week! (As it SHOULD be!)
This lack of respect for plod has eroded our whole society!!
As far as I'm concerned, respect is earned, its not given just because you're some punk with a uniform, badge and a gun.

I've got no problems with the police, I live by the rule that you treat people the way you want to be treated.

Given Victoria Police's form:

Quote:
To provide context for the Ceja Task Forces investigations, this report also documents the flawed practices and procedures of the former Victoria Police Drug Squad that led to widespread police involvement in drug trafficking.

Features of the Drug Squad environment at the time included inadequate supervision with little or no accountability and lack of proper policies or procedures for dealing with exhibits or managing informers.

It was an environment ripe for exploitation by corrupt members who lacked integrity and were motivated by greed. Of particular concern was the practice of controlled chemical deliveries, coordinated by the Drug Squad’s Chemical Diversion Desk.

To effect a controlled chemical delivery, members working at the Chemical Diversion Desk would purchase commercial quantities of drugs and chemicals used in the manufacture of amphetamines (precursor chemicals). Informers and undercover police would then ‘on sell’ the drugs and chemicals.

The passage of the drugs and chemicals was then monitored to identify those involved in the illicit manufacture and distribution of amphetamines.
While a significant number of arrests were made in this way, large quantities of the drugs and precursor chemicals were never recovered by police. The availability of illicit drugs on Victorian streets actually increased as a result of the actions of corrupt Victoria Police members.

In addition, the arrest ‘results’ masked the members’ corrupt conduct, in particular those working on the Chemical Diversion Desk. These police made a number of unauthorised purchases from chemical companies on the pretext of legitimate police business. Having paid wholesale prices, they were then able to sell them for significant personal financial gain.
https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/docs/def...7.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Or if you want a more indepth read about their lengthy history with corruption this one is a nice read:

http://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/docs/defa...7.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Or some recent investigations into their members antics:

http://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/investiga...tion-summaries

Maybe this guy was the one who would give you the size 12 boot?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pa...16-gmvivy.html

Are these people deserving of respect? I think that Victoria Police needs to sort itself out before they start demanding respect from everyone else

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-01-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: