Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #31
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
I just love people who NEVER EVER break the law.
I pay that, sometimes you do nod off and forget to check your speed (or there is too much going on around you to be glued to your speedo).

Thats why fixed speed cameras are so wrong, people who know they are speeding (and often speeding excessively) will slow down for these cameras. Those of us who didnt realise we were doing 56 in a 50 zone just continue to mozy on through and cop the fine.

Quote:
Oh, and Disco. Your spellcheckers batteries need replacing
I believe yours needs a change as well, I believe you are missing an apostrophe somewhere in there (see if you can find it)
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #32
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Being a traffic related matter that was being policed, these are sometimes initiated by local RTA or local Government in response to black spots or an increase in accidents in the area.

If I'm not mistaken this land belongs to local council. I'm guessing local council gave them permission, if not the local council ranger would be kicking up a bit of a stink. It's just like Telstra or Integral Energy truck being parked on the nature strip, I'm pretty sure they have permission when fixing utilities.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05MkIIFutura
I believe yours needs a change as well, I believe you are missing an apostrophe somewhere in there (see if you can find it)
I think my spell checker is 'Murrican and therefore excused from correcting English
Old 01-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #34
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here in Perth ive seen cops stand behind the patrol car but with his boot up so you cannot see the blue and red lights on the roof!! now thats cheeky, Oh plus he was in a bus bay!! But if you try and point these things out to them they'll just wack a defect notice on ya car. :

....God save Radar Detectors in WA.
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #35
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Default plod spots

saw a good one yesterday, just past a set of lights at rockdale (nsw) unmarked parked on the footpath. to any normal driver just looks like a person illegally parked.... until you see the camera on a tripod next to the car wonder how many light runners they catch :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #36
Disco1986

hey i break the law, often do over the speed limit nothing excessive just the odd 10km or so if im running late or in the mood, but i understand the rules and i take to risk from time to time, and i will be cought some day i guess and cop it. i must admit in vic the 3km rule would suck! In SA you can sit on 65 in the 60 zone no problems and 115 in the 110 zone and its all good!
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #37
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

my mate had his speeding fine overturned when the police used that way to catch people out...
apparently the police man that radars your speed HAS to be the one that gives you the ticket.... thats just what happend with my mate, but i dont know if it was in the same circumstances.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #38
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A good jammer hidden with a cut off switch is the good way to beat them. I dont go at crazy speeds above the limit , 10-15km over at most.
exrtnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #39
VSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
saw a good one yesterday, just past a set of lights at rockdale (nsw) unmarked parked on the footpath. to any normal driver just looks like a person illegally parked.... until you see the camera on a tripod next to the car wonder how many light runners they catch :
If you're going to whinge about the cops at least make sure you know what you're talking about. That was ANPR getting unregistered cars and stolen cars). They're not breaking any laws. They are the police and are exempt.
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #40
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSSII
If you're going to whinge about the cops at least make sure you know what you're talking about. That was ANPR getting unregistered cars and stolen cars). They're not breaking any laws. They are the police and are exempt.
Who, or what is the ANPR?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #41
VSSII

Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Its been around for almost a year now and reads number plates as cars drive past. A stop car is further up the road and grabs the offenders. Anyone who's been hit by someone with no rego and therefore no insurance will agree these fools shouldn't be on the road. I have to pay my $800 rego and insureance a year. So do they.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #42
VSSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
my mate had his speeding fine overturned when the police used that way to catch people out...
apparently the police man that radars your speed HAS to be the one that gives you the ticket.... thats just what happend with my mate, but i dont know if it was in the same circumstances.
Wrong.

One again, another quality internet forum is polluted with 3rd hand "my mate said" rubbish that others will then take as gospel.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #43
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Its been around for almost a year now and reads number plates as cars drive past. A stop car is further up the road and grabs the offenders. Anyone who's been hit by someone with no rego and therefore no insurance will agree these fools shouldn't be on the road. I have to pay my $800 rego and insureance a year. So do they.
I havent seen it in NSW but I dont get around much. But hope the RTA database is better than what it used to be then.

$800?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #44
Sledgehammer
Banned

When I was in Austria I spotted a cop in cammo gear with a radar gun who was recording the good folk speeding past and then radioing to the squad car some distance up ahead, couldnt see this until past the guy but he was on the deck also.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #45
Boss 290

yeh, i have always wondered what the point of the fixed speed camera's are doing...they slow you down for a few hundred metres and once you have passed them the hoons are off speeding again....i personally think they should have speed camera's just on red lights and areas known to have alot of pedestrians....the idea of cops standing in 1 spot and catching your speed and then radioing another cop further down is smart and alot safer then just allowing these people to continue speeding through....we should have better speed limits to suit the area and some cars alot safer now mabey old 2 litre cars should stick to the 110 on the freeway and allow for newer cars with better safety feature, handling , brakes and etc to do 120 i mean there isnt much danger on freeways compared to locations with bends and backstreets and children constantly around....alot of accidents can be due to the stress of people trying to get home and with these restrictions always applied then people do stupid things and dont pay close attention.
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #46
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey anyone know what sort of radar detector the police have now, I heard it is called the VG-2 then someone said its called a spectre 2 or 3.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #47
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I just love people who NEVER EVER break the law.

FWIW where b2tf's Mr plod was parked he could not have seen any red light runners due to the traffic light sequence, and b2tf never said he was breaking the law. He was merely questioning where the Police car was parked. -to get the HP car where it was parked plod would have had to drive along at least 50mtrs of footpath!-

Oh, and Disco. Your spellcheckers batteries need replacing
just read your rant, he never mentioned that cop could not see red light jumpers,it actually reads like thats what he was doing there as well.
oh if ive spelt it wrong stiff shite this is a forum for Ford lovers not school teachers grammer class.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #48
janek
Ripping it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
only got the one fine.. still havent recieved a court summons for it yet and no.. never did pay it. Whats that? 2 years + now?
Not paying fines rules... but summons suck... it seems 3 parking fines warrant a court appearance?

Lol... i just said hey, i live in qld... i didnt get no mail (the infringements were in Syd)

So they said, oh ok... just pay them then... still nothing. again, 2 years on
janek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #49
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey , do you know what radar detector the police use , ive heard its the VG-2 and some say its the Spectre 2 or 3?
Old 08-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #50
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by exrtnz
Hey , do you know what radar detector the police use , ive heard its the VG-2 and some say its the Spectre 2 or 3?
From what I've heard THEY have the radar. WE have the detectors
Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #51
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
just read your rant, he never mentioned that cop could not see red light jumpers,it actually reads like thats what he was doing there as well.
oh if ive spelt it wrong stiff shite this is a forum for Ford lovers not school teachers grammer class.
Hmm. must be your turn for the family brain cell today eh?

Read what I wrote... It was not a 'rant', merely a statement.

I know b2tf never mentioned it, I DID. b2tf thought that he (Mr Plod) was parked on the footpath to either catch anyone who ran the lights or sped through them. I simply said that due to the light sequence the Man could not see red light runners.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #52
b2tf
not here much anymore

oh forget it, between the do gooders and those who dont even read the full post but then jump in thinking they are being heros for shunning cop bashing, this thread has lost the plot.

Before you post, engage your brain and think about what you're writing.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #53
VSSII

There are some locations which need the speed limit enforced but it's not safe to do so. So they get one person to do the check and another to do the stopping down the road. Pretty bloody simple. I don't understand the 3 pages of fuss. People that call all speed enforcement (even school zones where their kids go to school!) revenue raising will never learn and anyone who thinks otherwise is wasting their time. Maybe everyone should do whatever speed they want and if you hurt someone in the process they can give you a hug, rub your back and tell you everything's going to be ok.

Can we block this thread?!?!?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #54
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Can we block this thread?!?!?
Why?. Your still reading it
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #55
XR8GRL