Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-03-2005, 06:40 PM   #31
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil101
considering I just changed the rear brakes on this ST I know for a fact it has the BA control blade in the ***.
I'm not arguing with you guys they may not have come out with them but this particular one does have it.
It is possible that it was fitted factory Ford have been known to put the next models parts in the last of the previous model, I know for a fact that there were a few of the last ED's fitted with EF engine bbm and all.

Neil

Just hurry up with some pics!

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #32
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being it's not my car pic will be difficult, If I work on it again I will take pics.

My Dad has a BA as a company car and a AU XR8 with IRS so I can tell the difference and sitting the side by side the wheel base looks the same although I haven't measured this.

I am not interested in a arguement and I don't have a point to prove I'm just saying what I saw on this particular car, beleave me or not I really don't care.

Neil
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #33
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

you so care ....
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #34
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No not really

Neil
Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #35
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Photos!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #36
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I said not my car, photos will be difficult untill I next get to work on the car.

Neil
Old 08-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #37
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As I said not my car, photos will be difficult untill I next get to work on the car.

Neil
call him and tell him there is a recall on BA IRS and it needs immediate repalcemnent...wonder if he will show?!?! : : ing_sm :eclipsee_ ::
Old 09-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #38
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That would work if I work in a dealership and at ford but I don't work at either

Neil
Old 09-03-2005, 12:59 AM   #39
buickman
buickman

Quote:
That would work if I work in a dealership and at ford but I don't work at either

Neil
LOL It sounds as if your welching out of the pics.
As you have not produced evidence in the way of photos 99.9% of posters on this forum are disagreeing with you.
buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #40
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Sorry nudie but this is so far off topic it has to get back somhow.
It looks like darkhorse is on the right track.....

: neil 101....Mate you've come on here and made some pretty odd claims about this car you have seen, an XR6 ST with 205kw motor ,BA IRS and it was silver, and so far there has been many people that are in the know & I would say know more about these cars than almost anyone I know, yet you say you dont want to argue about it. There is no arguement because you can't or wont prove your claims. That leads me to beleive, that you dont know what your talking about, or your just pulling our leg. If its the first, just admit you dont know what you are looking at, and that'll be it. Everyone makes mistakes. If its the latter, than you've been called on your claims, and the jokes over. :evil_laug

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680

Last edited by sbutler; 09-03-2005 at 06:57 AM.
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No Problemo o critical one.

Its an interesting read
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2005, 08:13 AM   #42
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Listen sbutler, the engine I was only going by what the guy told me and I was told wrong fair enough I admited that in an early post. Why are attacking me are you that bored! I know what i saw I do know what I'm talking about and if and when the car comes back I will get photos.

Actually better idea belive what you want, Your all right and I'm wrong we can all get along with our lives now I have nothing to prove to any of you : :

Neil

Last edited by neil101; 09-03-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:22 PM   #43
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

: Nothing to get upset over, were all mates here, as I said pic's would be great. It may sound like an attack but thats not what It was ment to be. This is a very interesting thread, I think we'll all be hanging in there waiting for your pics, Hope you get a chance to get them....

Old 09-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #44
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Listen sbutler, the engine I was only going by what the guy told me and I was told wrong fair enough I admited that in an early post. Why are attacking me are you that bored! I know what i saw I do know what I'm talking about and if and when the car comes back I will get photos.

Actually better idea belive what you want, Your all right and I'm wrong we can all get along with our lives now I have nothing to prove to any of you : :

Neil
He drives a T-Series. Those guys are always going hard as they can. :

I just drive a pretend T-Series, so I'm always going flat out tyring to keep up :
Old 09-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #45
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting back on topic, if anyone has any specific info on the model itself, it would make me Happy Buckie. By the way, all I'm really after is a bit of a history on the car. Things like factory options and the origins of the model would be cool. I want to use the info for the next edition of Blue Oval for the folks in the club to read about. Too Fat, too lazy to write something myself :
Old 09-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #46
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Originally launched as the XR6 "Sprint", this was then reduced to "ST" acknowleding the "Sprint" heritage to the V8's, and of course the first and last letters of the original name anyways, if that makes any sense.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #47
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Okay my appoliges for my little out burst this morning (had a bad start)

Okay I found the guys number and got hold of him today and no it didn't come from the factory with BA irs this guy went to the touble of modifing it to fit (at quite some cost) so I'm not seeing things and yes you guys are right (which I never questioned)
He said he does have some photo's of the mod as it was undertaken and he is going to give me copys when I see him next, he won't be back in sydney for about 3-4 weeks but photo's will be posted when I get them.
I'm quiet interested to see how it was done too.

Neil
Old 09-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #48
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you ask.............WHY?

James
Old 09-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #49
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wasn't happy with the way it handle in the rear so he upgraded and now he's happy sounded like a lot of work for little gain.

Neil
Old 09-03-2005, 11:36 PM   #50
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Certainly would be little gain. Although the BA IRS is superior.. it isnt THAT superior. The VCT is lighter than the BA so the IRS it had was basically as good as any BA head to head.
After driving both, the AU and BA, the difference is not that much.. I personally preferred the AU but that was more for the front suspension (the BA XR6 was WAY too soft in the nose)

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 08:04 AM   #51
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

An IRS is a big modification to a live rear axle car.

I had a look at doing it to the wagon. The LWB NU fairlane stuff will "fit" with lots of custom work. It would also give me a 3.45 ratio diff.

It would be a very nice mod if you really want to customise your car and the handling gains on rough roads would be well worthwhile.

I had to give the idea away mainly because i could see my daily driver off the road too long while i tidied up all the loose ends to get it too fit properly and get all the ABS, handbrake, exhaust and accessories fitted up nicely.

About anothe 60Kg in the back end too wouldn't help performance in a straight line.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #52
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wasn't happy with the way it handle in the rear so he upgraded and now he's happy sounded like a lot of work for little gain.

Neil
Ive driven many BA Xr6's and 8's and i would say there dosent feel to be 'that' much if any differance between the AU IRS and the Blade IRS - Certainly not woth the thousands that would have been spent installing it. AU's steering wins Hands Down however.

James
Old 10-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #53
buickman
buickman

I've looked at both the BA and the AU IRS and the AU IRS looks more over engineered and a little simular to the series4 RX7's. I really cannot see the expense and effort to fit the BA IRS into the AU. I would buy a BA instead of wasting good money on that type of conversion.

I've seen many cars were the owner has spent big money on engine mods and brake upgrades only to run unroadworthy or poor quality wheels & tyres. I would spend my dollars there first before removing a good IRS system to replace it with a another.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #54
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Cheeez I got to say with all due respect "this guy has more money than sense !!!!"
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #55
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
An IRS is a big modification to a live rear axle car.

I had a look at doing it to the wagon. The LWB NU fairlane stuff will "fit" with lots of custom work. It would also give me a 3.45 ratio diff.

It would be a very nice mod if you really want to customise your car and the handling gains on rough roads would be well worthwhile.

I had to give the idea away mainly because i could see my daily driver off the road too long while i tidied up all the loose ends to get it too fit properly and get all the ABS, handbrake, exhaust and accessories fitted up nicely.

About anothe 60Kg in the back end too wouldn't help performance in a straight line.
You would be better off throwing urethane bushes on the spring eyes and center pads, and adding 2 extra leaves (for a total of 6), that would sort the rear of the wagon out.
Decent shocks would round it off nicely.

Rick.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #56
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Getting back on topic, if anyone has any specific info on the model itself, it would make me Happy Buckie. By the way, all I'm really after is a bit of a history on the car. Things like factory options and the origins of the model would be cool. I want to use the info for the next edition of Blue Oval for the folks in the club to read about. Too Fat, too lazy to write something myself :
Here ya go Bucky:
ADJUSTABLE STEERING COL. - TILT & REACH,
18IN ALLOY WHEELS,
BODY COLOUR - BUMPERS,
BODY KIT - F&R SPOILERS,
SIDE SKIRTS,
DISC BRAKES FRONT VENTILATED,
DISC BRAKES REAR SOLID,
POWER DOOR MIRRORS,
REMOTE FUEL LID RELEASE,
LEATHER GEAR KNOB,
FLOOR MATS,
POWER ANTENNA,
INTERMITTENT WIPERS - VARIABLE
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 12:06 PM   #57
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Bucky - on a serious note, I have emailed you the tech specs for the ST (Sprint). I tried to attach it here, but it wouldn't let me. With thanks to carsales . com . au for their research site!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2005, 06:15 PM   #58
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thansk JC. Appreciate you going to the effort of tracking it down. I've modified it a little as a few things didn't make sense. It comes standard with leather seats. It also comes standard with cloth seats. :wierd:

I just need a few pics and thats it.

Thanx everyone for your input. Appreciate it

Cheers

Buckie
Old 11-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #59
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

There is one in todays Daily Telly it is as new and only $25990. Oh in Blueprint to....

Old 28-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #60
Julza
871 Productions Filmmaker

G'day fellas just to put it all together. We were actually looking at getting one a couple of years back. The XR6 ST was a limited run of 125 cars as already mentioned, in both manual and auto. Over your standard XR6 VCT you got the following:
-Leather seats
-Momo steering wheel and knob (blue)
-6 stacker cd (not premium system)
-XR8 Rebel style bodykit
-18" Azzuro alloys (AUII TE50)
-'ST' exterior badging

The cars were available in 4 colours: Blueprint, Liquid Silver, Venom and Silhouette

Hope this clears things up.

Regards,
Julza

http://www.youtube.com/871productions
Julza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post