Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #31
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I reckon my girl is pretty decent!!!... Love letting her drive the XY... She's a quick learner. I remember the first time i let her drive she couldnt shift gears but now she is stalling it up, chirping through the gears and showing the holden boys down in Drouin (her sis just got new pavement out on her farm)how to do a burnout
Once i upgrade daily she has already made huuuuge plans for it!!.. She wants 300rwkw out of it! :P
Old 23-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #32
XRWidow
Real Women Drive Utes

: His alright, Can at times drive like an old man :

But I'm sure he gets into mischief when I'm not around tho. :yeees:

I know I do!!!... thank goodness the green beast can't talk :the_finge

: Ambition is a Dream with a V8 Engine:
XRWidow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #33
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Don't really care, I look at her not at the road :

Good driver though, can't complain.
Old 23-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #34
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

My Mrs is a great driver , only pulled up once (60k in 50k , outskirts of small town & missed the sign) appealed on first offence in 30 years & got off with a warning , otherwise she drives most of the time to Sydney or Melbourne , I'm quite happy being the passenger.

Mmmmm she get's there quicker than me too

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #35
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

My GF scares the living daylights out of me at time. She like to cut corners. Somedays i get out the car & kiss the ground.
Old 23-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #36
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Written off 1 car after many near misses. Lost licence once.

She's rubbish. I only let her near my car when I'm drunk and remember it's insured for more than I paid for it.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #37
mikmak

My gf is predictable and law abiding. Only been fined once ever, 70 in a 60 about 2 months ago. I do most of the driving though and my daughter (2.5 yo) now goes WOO HOO! when we destroy roundabouts, on-ramps and speed advisory...um..advice. What a good girl.

There is a small section of road near us however, that does occassionally feel the wrath of my GF. I like to be there when it happens too.
Old 24-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #38
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eep, my ex who i'm still very good friends with, drives under the speed limit, then brakes too late and corners too hard and fast!

I swear theres an inprint on the side of the seat where i've gripped it a couple times! She didn't seem to realise you can't brake as hard on gravel either!

My new, erm, 'play mate', is a very good driver. Brought up driving cars in the country, so knows how to handle them properly, which is great. I can actually fall asleep on long trips and trust that i'll wake up again!

Last edited by Van D; 24-10-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #39
rushing on acid

my wife is an idiot driver. the crap she tells me not to do she does it worse! dont speed. dont tailgate, brake early etc. whenever she does it i dont say anything but all she has to do is look at me and she can read it on my face. the best thing about her driving is she is not scared to race people, one day she hit 160 in her little blue beast mazda 323 2000 model (before i wrote it off, another storey) racing commodores home from the spring nats.
rushing on acid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #40
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

My gf isn't too bad...really nervy and jerks the wheel heaps.

She even crashed my EA into a parked car when she lost control doing 20 on a round-a-bout.

She does drive a VR Commonwhore though!!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #41
bronzewineZD
ZD Under Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortycorty
lol my partner is pretty good, although what drives me nuts is as soon as he sees a speed camera, he slams on the brake and nearly sends me through the windscreen everytime! His co ordination is not that great so i put his bad reactions down to that!

One other thing is i swear he has tunnel vision, one night driving in the dark he ran over a huge turtle! I seen it a mile away and was too late to say something! It went straight under the passenger side wheels and jarred my butt, he got a flat because of it though. hehehe
And when i had my first car on the road, he was driving and i seen a dog comeing across the road, he didnt see it until it was in FRONT of him, and i was telling him to slow down! Almost cleaned up the poor dog, i still dont know how he didnt see the dog!

Other than that though he's a great driver!

Oh no actually his parking is awful!

I think i'll stop now lol he'll probably get on here and see this and I'll be a goner! He has a few things on me so I guess i'd better shut up!

Gee thanks!

Now who put the first dent in the ute only recently? Like a few days ago?! And its not as if its a small one either, stands out like... you know from a mile away!
bronzewineZD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #42
bronzewineZD
ZD Under Restoration

nah but other than the dent in the ute she's pretty good! Already had about 3inches of bog in the tail gate so she was really doing me a favour

She can do a burnout to match the boys, she can spin through all 4 gears... *sighs* She's my girl !

On the roads she is pretty good too, wish she wouldnt try to multi-task though whilst driving, and never again will I get her to read me the map!
bronzewineZD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #43
gozza

My girl doubles clutches and she actually raced an undercover ute ( not clever haha)

Mostly sensible unless weve had a fight about somthing..then shes get a tad agrresive...
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #44
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

My missus is pretty safe, albeit a bit of a leadfoot.

I dont actually care tho, since I sold my EL XR6 in 2002 she hasnt driven anything I've owned since even once. Dont ask me why....I honestly dont know. But she knows Im a fussy bastard and would notice the slightest scratch/ding/dent...
Old 24-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #45
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

My : partner (FRDGAL) is quiet a good driver, with no one else in the car then i would say she is a HOON :
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #46
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

I find my GF to be a good driver, although she doesn't seem to think so her self. She lacks confidence on the road a little. I trust her driving my car, just don't trust my car. LOL. The XY is another story. I don't think she would be capable of driving it. She is used to a small auto 4cyl with good brakes and power steering. the XY is the total opposite. Pig of a V8, toploader, tuff clutch, no power steering, no aircon and no brakes pretty much at all (thats the gearboxes job). Looking on the other hand she says i drive crazy in the xy, then to slow in the xf and is always pointing things out like theres a car coming. You have a tree behind you. You better change lanes. LOL. I don't mind though. :
Old 24-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #47
MON10A

mine is really good,she was intimidated by a few 4x4s ,now she has one.no tickets in over 20 years driving, unlike myself.
MON10A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #48
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heh, my girlfriend is well...um....a nervouse driver. she fangs it past trcuks as shes scared they will squish her.... brakes too hard accelerates too hard... for normal driving. but i dunno what she does on her own. everytime i get out i tell her im lucky to be alive which is kinda true...
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #49
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Three years now i have had my licence, havent lost a point and yet he has to drive the car. I do have a tendency to stop on the dot which irritates the c..p out of him, and turning across traffic i do make sure the traffic is a little way off before i turn but hey i have all my points.
How does having all your points make you a good driver??? I know quite a few people with all their points that I wouldn't get in a car with!!!

As for my missus, foot on clutch around corners, brake last minute and not go through the gears to slow down, I need a valium if i get in the car with her driving.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #50
EvilChief
Boost Addict

My other half currently owns a barina ... now that in itself is scary enough, she has a bad habbit of paying more attention to other things than driving (ie phone, big doof doof and gawd knows what else). She has learnt not to do it when I am in the car. Also she tends not to put her seatbelt on when we get in the car, only once we are half way down teh road, another bad habbit i am trying to get rid of (sitting in the car staring at her, until she realises ...can take up to 5min).

She keeps asking if she can drive by Turbo Liberty or my race car ... i am rather inclient to say no at the moment for abvious reasons, which doesnt put me into the best of books, but i prefer to have cars on the road than off.

Mind you she wants a VS Commodore ute next year and twin turbo it ... leadies and gentlemen ... watch out!
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #51
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
How does having all your points make you a good driver??? I know quite a few people with all their points that I wouldn't get in a car with!!!

As for my missus, foot on clutch around corners, brake last minute and not go through the gears to slow down, I need a valium if i get in the car with her driving.
Because i try to drive 99.9% of the time like i was taught and have respect for the other drivers on the road and will continue to do so and therefore in another 3 years still have all my points. :eclipsee_
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #52
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My OH is a wonderful driver ;)

Im a totally hopeless passenger & Im almost over the door grabbing if I see something I assume (wrongly of cause) he hasnt seen ........

Only problem I have is that his rear end seems to be in the Sprint a bit too often .... hehehehe .... Nah .... tis all good ....... He has to be a good driver otherwise he wouldnt have had a chance to drive her :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #53
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

need i say more !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (55.4 KB, 58 views)

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #54
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Because i try to drive 99.9% of the time like i was taught and have respect for the other drivers on the road and will continue to do so and therefore in another 3 years still have all my points. :eclipsee_
Still don't see how having all your points makes you a good driver!! Having all your points is no indication of the way you drive, it just means you haven't been caught or you don't do anything to warrant getting caught!!

I would say I'm a good driver in dry but know in the wet I lack the experience if trouble happens. Gravel is another dodgey one for me. Would love to do an advanced driving/rally course to learn more about vehicle control but just keep putting it on the back burner

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 25-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #55
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
Still don't see how having all your points makes you a good driver!! Having all your points is no indication of the way you drive, it just means you haven't been caught or you don't do anything to warrant getting caught!!

I would say I'm a good driver in dry but know in the wet I lack the experience if trouble happens. Gravel is another dodgey one for me. Would love to do an advanced driving/rally course to learn more about vehicle control but just keep putting it on the back burner
Listen do you drive a commodore or are you just stirring, the difference is-i have all my points caused no accidents and do not resemble a commodore with 4 dead people in it -BECAUSE I ADHERE TO THE LETTER OF THE LAW- capiche. Now if you do not understand i am very sorry for you .nuff said.................... :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #56
nobbystang

Just don't believe that having all your points makes you a good driver. I'm sure the driver of the Commodore had all his points, no he doesn't have the years of experience behind him that you obviously have, but thats my point. You may have been taught well and be alot more competent driver than me and alot of others out there, however you having all your points doesn't mean much.

Previous:
VH Commodore
Old 25-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #57
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

There is noone else I would rather have driving my kids.
Old 25-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #58
460cixy
burn out king

mines prety good but gets cranky tho. and wont drive the eb in the wet cause its too tail happy but is fine with it in the dry and wont drive the 4b thinks its going to fall over like thay do in the u.s
Old 26-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #59
rushing on acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 8888
need i say more !!

please explain
rushing on acid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #60
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Doh!

WELL!

I guess it's Kharma for ragging on my Girlfriend's driving by starting this thread. But guess what she did last night!

She Scraped my fresly painted ute 1m along a stobey pole next to our driveway! (telegraph pole for you non South Ausses)

It pushed the LHR quarter panel in about 10cm, rooted the guard and scrapped a S**T load of paint of which now resides on the pole!

GOD DAMMIT!
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post