Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think we will beat Italy?
Yes 55 42.64%
Don't Know 29 22.48%
No 45 34.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #31
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If we can ruffle Italys feathers early then maybe we will have a chance but personally im not expecting any result for us. We have exceeded expectations, we have done far better and gone far futher than anyone thought.

This team has come a long way since Farina I just hope we can keep this up!
Old 23-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

I am Another one who is Half Italian Half Australian. I will be extremely confused.

My thoughts are this though: Italy have had their shot at the world cup plenty of times. My heart this time is with the Aussies. Their determination has put a tear in my eye, Its unbeleivable. GO BOYS!
Old 23-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #33
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well I'll jump on the bandwagon where my heart lies !
Italian parents but born and breed here !
Watched a bit of the '74 Aussie team as a young 14yrold but didn't realise how Big that was at the time.
Obviously followed the Azzurri all the time as we never qualified till this Cup.
So where does my heart lie ?

SOOOOCCCCCCEEEERRRWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS !!!!!!!

Italy are ripe for the picking for the no nonsense Aussies........
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 23-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Italy arn't playing that well, and Australia have been stepping up on the big stage.

So yes I reckon we can but it woint be easy.
Old 23-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #35
ourxf
Young Enthusiast.

mate i'm not expecting nothing from the boys at all. it was a great achievement to make the cup and to come so far a shove it a million miles up History (the old brallian loving bag on the Nike ads) has been wonderful. i think the aussies have just gotta go in not worrying about winning or losing and just play 95 minutes of soccer. if we do this (and if FIFA gets a decent referee!) i think we could topple the Italians i do.

GO YOU BLOODY GOOD THINGS!!!
Old 23-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #36
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourxf
mate i'm not expecting nothing from the boys at all. it was a great achievement to make the cup and to come so far a shove it a million miles up History (the old brallian loving bag on the Nike ads) has been wonderful. i think the aussies have just gotta go in not worrying about winning or losing and just play 95 minutes of soccer. if we do this (and if FIFA gets a decent referee!) i think we could topple the Italians i do.

GO YOU BLOODY GOOD THINGS!!!
I love those History adds. So far we have stuck it to him!
Old 23-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #37
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Italy arn't playing that well, and Australia have been stepping up on the big stage.

So yes I reckon we can but it woint be easy.
I hope we win but I dont know where this Italy are not playing well keeps coming from? They have not lost a single game for nearly 2 years and they have played some top teams including beating Czech 2-0 and Germany 4-1 before the tournement. If we can score early we can win otherwise our hope is penaltys IMO. The above score line against Germany is a 1 in a million for Italy who usually are just happy with the one goal then just to defend super tightly.

Penaltys would be an incredible thing with two of the best Goalies in the world though.
Old 23-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #38
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennybrain
I love those History adds. So far we have stuck it to him!

I cant wait to see the next one. They are very funny.
Old 23-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #39
ziggee

missed it and the replay...spewing big time, harry looked happy!! damm curse it....

Old 23-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #40
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
I cant wait to see the next one. They are very funny.
I seen one where History was chasing Breshiano and someone else around the pitch saying 'what are you doing australia you weren't supposed to make it into the final 16' and then the 2 socceroos run faster and the history dude can't keep up and collapses. Damn they are good ads!
Old 23-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #41
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Ourxf where the hell did you get 95 mins from. They play 90 minutes (official time) with maybe a few extra minutes for injury time.

As for the question, go the bloody socceroos, just their sheer determination has inspired millions of people worldwide, they have opened the worlds eyes and we are obviously not there to "make up the numbers" as some idiot american said (maybe wrong but i was told and american said it, well eat crap mate your out and we are still in). I'm passionate about the aussies and believe if they win this game then watch out whoever is next, we have opened eyes just getting into the cup, and gained much more attention making it to the top 16. We even only lost 2-0 to brazil where everyone was saying brazil was going to slay us, but they didnt.
/end rant.
Old 23-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #42
MRJUCY
Fordless

Italy will be very hard to score against but I'm still pretty confident of our chances. Of the remaining teams left they're the team I'd like to play the most because to put it simply they are choakers.
Old 23-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #43
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have had their share of dodgy refs in the past though
like in 2002.

All the big teams have had bad campaigns
England didnt even qualify in 1994.
Brazil won nothing between 1970 and 94.

Last edited by MethodX; 23-06-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 24-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #44
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Australia has the fitness, guts and determination to do over Italy. They also have something very very important that no one else has: Aussie Spirit.

Italy is ranked 13th, but don't forget we beat the Asian Champions and the European Champions.

And even if we don't beat them, we will do our best.
Old 24-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #45
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This has to be the perfect stage for our boys; if there is one team in the competition left who would be suseptable to our style its Italy. If the officiating picks up & decisons are not made by reputation, then Italy are in for a long afternoon & the longer it goes the better our guys will be.
Their fitness, physically & mentally has been brilliant, backed by great strategy, tactics & substituions and above all guts.
The motivation of getting Emo on the park for another game should not be over looked at all.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
Old 24-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #46
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Watched the Ukraine vs Tunisia game last night. As much as I support the Aussies in the world cup this game annoys me to tears with all the over acting etc. This part of it is a joke and the refs should clamp down on it. :gren:
Old 24-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #47
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Thats what I like about the Aussie's We don't go down and roll around crying anywhere near as much as some of the other teams. It stupid how they go down so much and makes soccer kinda wimpy. Although if Viduka did it more he would get heaps more free kicks but the free's always seem to go against him cause he doesn't go down and roll around pretending to be injured, even though it is obvious that he is the one being fouled.
Old 24-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #48
ourxf
Young Enthusiast.

Default Mate you answerede your own question!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical_ED
Ourxf where the hell did you get 95 mins from. They play 90 minutes (official time) with maybe a few extra minutes for injury time.

As for the question, go the bloody socceroos, just their sheer determination has inspired millions of people worldwide, they have opened the worlds eyes and we are obviously not there to "make up the numbers" as some idiot american said (maybe wrong but i was told and american said it, well eat crap mate your out and we are still in). I'm passionate about the aussies and believe if they win this game then watch out whoever is next, we have opened eyes just getting into the cup, and gained much more attention making it to the top 16. We even only lost 2-0 to brazil where everyone was saying brazil was going to slay us, but they didnt.
/end rant.
Magical ED i meant exactly what i said. what happens in injury time still counts so theere's no point playing till 45 minutes of each half and going "well thats all the scheduled time we dont have to try for the 1 or 2 or 3 or more minutes of stoppage time. But i meant 95 minutes and the reason.... well you figured it out yourself pretty well!!
Old 25-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #49
XITED_6
Was It Something I Said!

We have nothing to lose.
Yes we have a chance. Do no under estimate any teams in the top 16.

The italians are known for playing defensive & hard.There a quality act.

The aussies are in nice form & will put up a top game.
Should be close & i hope its a entertaining match

comon FIFA give us a decent referee and get it right!!!

Good luck to the socceroos
Old 26-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #50
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting that so far of the 2nd round Germany has had the best ref dishing out only 1 yellow card to them and 1 to Sweden. It seems every other team has copped atleast 3 and some even reds. Hopfully we can get a decent ref just like the Home town favourites seem to be getting!
Old 26-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #51
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go Socceroos!!!
Old 26-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #52
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Shame that Kewell isn't playing but I think we are still in for a chance. Its getting close to crunch time. C'mon Aussie C'mon! Win or lose they have done well though and hopefully this will give soccer a boost in australia!
Old 27-06-2006, 02:53 AM   #53
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

That is just so ****ing unfair !!!! Australia's doens't deserve this. We've been stooged.
Old 27-06-2006, 02:54 AM   #54
EFFalcon
Last warning

pretty harsh way to end it but thats life.
did well to get this far.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 27-06-2006, 02:55 AM   #55
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Robbed...
Old 27-06-2006, 02:56 AM   #56
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

1-0. Stupid penalty. Should never have been given. Oh well, back to the AFL.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-06-2006, 02:56 AM   #57
ziggee

thats was f* **ed big time...

serioulsy that was sooo bad, i am fumming...

Old 27-06-2006, 02:57 AM   #58
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
Old 27-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #59
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They did well, and had their chances with Italy a man down.
Unfortunately they couldnt capitalize.

Forza Italia !!!!!!!!
Old 27-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #60
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
thats was f* **ed big time...

serioulsy that was sooo bad, i am fumming...
It wasn't good, but what do you expect from a game where one single goal is all that is required to win a game. What other sport in the world has scores so low?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Closed Thread