Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #31
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

If it's a daily driver: GT
If it's a weekend toy: TE

Like everyone else in this thread that's just my opinion. In my eyes the TE is more collectable so I'd choose the GT to leave in shopping centre carparks.
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #32
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Go for the T3. Even if you decide that its not what you want after a few months you can sell it easily without losing much or any money at all.
Old 17-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #33
GRUNTA

Simply drive both you'll find thats its not even close

GT by a long long way :king:
Old 17-07-2005, 10:59 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There is a pretty big price difference between them, so it all comes down to what you can afford. As for an investment, thats just crap, you will never get your money back on either of them. Sure the T3 was made in limited numbers but its not a GT, which will probably mean it won't ever be massively collectable. By the time they might become collectable there probably won't be any oil left to run them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #35
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Bossxr8]There is a pretty big price difference between them, so it all comes down to what you can afford.

Yeah well most of the GT's I've looked at are over $50K by a long shot. I've found some TE50's $45k and below with reasonable kms on them.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #36
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

T3

Simple really. Its more collectable, it looks cool, it goes really really fast and its cheaper.
Old 17-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #37
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
As for an investment, thats just crap, you will never get your money back on either of them. Sure the T3 was made in limited numbers but its not a GT, which will probably mean it won't ever be massively collectable.
Neither were the Cobras, the GS's and the XY Fairmont 351's, all now collectable and still rising in value.
The T's have a long way to go but in another 20 years I have no doubt the last of the W's will be a collectable car. History is known to repeat and the T's fit the criteria of a collectable Falcon...............to a T!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 02:22 AM   #38
XRchic
Hello

I love both actually. For me it would depend on which one I could get in manual and in black. They are both very different cars, but they both have appeal in different ways. I would really be happy with either of them!

If I could afford it, I would probably get the GT-P in manual and black, but only by a bit. I would probably prefer a Typhoon to both of them actually - goes just as well as a GT and well fitted out and cheaper to buy and run.

Having said that I have driven NONE of them.

Good luck with your decision mate!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cobras, GS's and XY Fairmonts aren't nearly as collectable as XR-XB GT's, and if you put your purchase price in the bank when they were new and added the insurance and rego costs to that account every year i bet the bank account would look more like the current market price of a classic GT, so they're hardly good "investments" in the true sence.
I wonder what 60K will be worth in 20 years after acumulating interest @5% V market value of a T or FPV car?
As plenty of people have pointed out neither the T or FPV cars are a good "investment".
Buy the car on its merrits for what you want to do with it now, if you want a good "collectable" motoring investment buy an XR-XBGT.
As far as collectability in 20 years goes who really wants to keep one that long "just in case"?
NOT me, i trade my modern performance cars every 4 years to keep them fresh and up to date and put my "keeper" money into REAL collectable classics like the early GTs...
Either way both are great vehicles but the sensible decission will be guided by the wallet.
For my daily driver i just prefer new cars with Factory warrantee's and turn them over every 4 years before they become expensive to maintain, but im fortunate enough to be in a position to be able to do that through my business.

Last edited by 4Vman; 18-07-2005 at 10:13 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #40
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with the majority if its a daily get a GT. If its not get a TE. Or if its solely a toy buy something faster and better equiped and cheaper for playing in.
Old 18-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #41
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
There is a pretty big price difference between them, so it all comes down to what you can afford.
Yeah well most of the GT's I've looked at are over $50K by a long shot. I've found some TE50's $45k and below with reasonable kms on them.
check on www.carsales.com.au , theres usually a couple on there. :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #42
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

If its between a mk1 gt or ts50? Go the ts50 if its mint has low klms and is the colour you want, which shouldn't be hard to find with a bit of home work........if its a mkii gt forget the t3.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #43
TICK4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY

My T3 TS50, 49,000km's. (have a look in performance ford magazine)
$38,000
TICK4D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #44
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be going a T3 no wuckin furries. Refined, easy on the wallet, and a stand-out street performer.
Old 18-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #45
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ill sell you mine for mid 30's if you want a fast toy that looks a lot like a TS50 Cant go past 300+rwkw and custom leather!
Old 18-07-2005, 03:43 PM   #46
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Both great cars and both feel very different to drive.
Drive both of them and see which one you enjoy driving more.

I did and I chose the T3.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #47
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

haha then he's got your prob.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #48
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Tornado might have this info. Although, I beleive he's not in Melbourne ATM, but PM him.. he might let you know once he's back home.
I do have some color build numbers back home.
I have posted them before on the forum but can't find the posts.

I will add them to my website later this week when I get home.
Old 18-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #49
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

I'd get the T3... it's different, goes fast and looks hot!!

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #50
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I'd go the GTII with the optional 9 spokes off the Mk1 GTP... In Blue Pearl with Sunroof, Reverse Sensors, FPV wheel and Leather.

T series is a loverly car but a little hard to go back to once you have had a BA, plus they are very hard to find!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #51
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

T3 TS50 5spd FOR SURE!!!

Im saying this because i dont think im worthy of the GT badge yet, plus ive always had a soft spot for the T3's, especially after driving one
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #52
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

If they couldn't sell the T3's when new, what makes you think people will be jumping over themselves now (or in the near future) to buy one? BA GT = investment? I don't think so either....Drive both and buy what's most practicle and comfortable for you and your situation. I did and bought the BA. I found the AU series harder to get comfortable in and the BA better ergonomically all over (NVH and ride for my young son included).
Now the next, if ever, GTHO. That will be an investment.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 05:48 PM   #53
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
If they couldn't sell the T3's when new, what makes you think people will be jumping over themselves now (or in the near future) to buy one?
For the exact same reason that the 300 Cobra's are gaining in value too. They are rare and a performance model.

You do realise the Cobra was a marketing ploy to get rid of 300 coupe bodys that they practically couldnt give away when the XD was about to arrive?

It is VERY rare that a car becomes a good investment, very rare indeed.
For the T3 to be worth it you must a) love the car for what it is and not just for its potential value and b) risk it not being a modern day classic and being worth very little...although history says it will be sought after.

In the end putting your money in proprty, shares or the bank is probably the better bet...but you dont get to enjoy that as much. Grabbing a T3 of $30K now and holding on to it for at least 15 years will see it lose you no money.

I still stick to my original post though. If you want it for fun NOW and have the money... get the GT. Leave the T3 to thouse that have no doubt about its appeal. If you have to ask the question, you want a GT.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 05:52 PM   #54
Walkinshaw
Two > One

T3 TE50 or GT -- GT no question
T3 TS50 or GT -- Well that becomes a much harder decision.

The breaker for me with the TE is the "baboons backside" dash.

Both are fantastic vehciles and it really extends to personal prefrence.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #55
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I would take the GT, Ford didn't spend 500 million developing the BA to go backwards.
There may not be a huge difference in perfomance, but the TE is understated and does not stand out as much, the average punter who is not a car enthusiest does not even know what a TE is, which in turn gives a limited base of customers for resale.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #56
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I would take the GT, Ford didn't spend 500 million developing the BA to go backwards.
There may not be a huge difference in perfomance, but the TE is understated and does not stand out as much, the average punter who is not a car enthusiest does not even know what a TE is, which in turn gives a limited base of customers for resale.
Yet they managed to make the GT slower, handle worse and use more petrol?

Anyways, cars like the RPO 83 were very understated back in the day, no one knew what they were, but they're climbing in value today. And the "Phase 1.5 GT-HO", which was made halfway between PhaseI (300hp 351W) and PhaseII (367hp 351C).. with the same 300hp from a 351C instead of a 351W. They never raced that model though.. but yeah, they're not well known and yet they're worth a fair amount. TE50/TS50/TL50 will be worth alot in years to come.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #57
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Yet they managed to make the GT slower, handle worse and use more petrol?
Yeah....slower ok, i have seen a GT on the dyno the same day as a TE, only 55rwkw less.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #58
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Yeah....slower ok, i have seen a GT on the dyno the same day as a TE, only 55rwkw less.
Dyno numbers are irrelevent. The GT is heavy, in the hands of joe average, its not fast, it doesn't turn well, and due to that extra mass, it uses alot of fuel. Chassis dyno numbers mean SFA, especially comparing two factory cars like that.

Any way, my point was, the T-Series are an investment, should you keep the car for a while, it will be worth quite a bit.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #59
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes but at the same time Steffo it rides alot better then an AU to.. Less issues with IRS as well. Going by alot of people that have owned both cars and are actually in a position to compare them, they seem to think the BA is alot better car.. If it wasn't why would they have bothered spending 30 - 40 grand change over to get one?

Really you can't compare the two, they both have postive and negative attributes, but most will go with the GT for the sheer fact that you just cannot buy a good T series vehicle without looking for 6 months or without paying more then they are worth......

I say if your on a budget of say 30k, then go buy a T Series if you can find one for that money, if you wanna spend 45 - 70 either get a brand new GT or a used one with low kms, either way you won't be dissapointed.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #60
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Your not talking about my car and Alexs' car are you ?
You don't mention that his is a modded manual and mine is a stock auto do you.
How many mods does he have(every bolt on that has come out) ?

A stock GT starts off with 40kw more, so really how much better is 55rwkw ????
(was it 55rwkw, I can't remember, it might have been)
This is not what the thread is about so lets not get side tracked.

If your talking about modded cars, the fastest one is the one whose owner has the deepest pockets.

But as I said earlier, drive them both and buy the one that feels better to you and you enjoy driving.