Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Truth be known is there V6 is more reliable than our 6
LOL!!! - that's an interesting statement. You said later you were refering to e series. Aside from head gasket issues, what makes the oil burning 3.8's more reliable ? They sound like crap, burn fluids like nothing else when ~150,000 - 200,000km.. and from what i've been told by mechanics are a pile of junk to work on. Anyway that's not the point of this thread so i don't expect an answer.

I personally had a tear in my eye when Lowndes won, we've been waiting for a long time to see Ford on top again, and it was a welcome change to see the HOLDEN drivers boo'd by the crowd rather than the other way around. I personally think booing any podium getter is a bogan act, but we've copped it for so many years it was more a payback thing from the crowd.

There aren't many things that get my heart racing, but seeing a good battle, and having a Ford win in the V8 Supercars does it for me every time. It's a good thing to be passionate about your team, just don't go over the top.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 AM   #32
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Hi Ya Slick
Mmmm maybe not "dud models" but the odd car slips through , my 3rd Ford (brand new) needed a new F/end , dash removed & rewelded (was not straight) new diff housing & & sills not welded properly (probably Friday car : ) was only 2 months old , VERY much on the edge , sold it and bought another one same model , different car altogether . Still didn't put me off Fords and I've had a few cars in 35 yrs of driving
A mate had a Torana that would never "track straight" & couldn't be fixed . He bought another Torana , no problems ...

Others on the forum have purchased cars that have had big problems,

But I do agree with you , 99.99% are best value for the $$$$

Point I was trying to make , I don't knock another brand , or call them crap , all have the "odd problem cars" & one persons Favourite brand may not be someone elses. I care about other peoples feelings & don't rubbish them just because they're not to my likeing

All Cool , Huh.

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:38 AM   #33
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Others on the forum have purchased cars that have had big problems
that brings back memories.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 AM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Mum will drive it most of the time, And i might to go to the shops at night:P.
I'm looking at getting into the VP good and doing some work to it, And i was told never have a car your doing up as your daily driver, Thats very good advice. Cause few months back my mum was stopped at the light and a car smashed into the rear. Bonnet hinge went and bonnet went into the window left some nasty cracks. I'd like to let it just sit and go slow with it. Hide in the back seat of the Camry:D
Yeah, I'd wanna hide in the backseat of a Camry too...would you want to be seen in a Camry? j/k

Yep...that's good advice...daily driver should be fully finished.

And Camrys can't really be done up, so yeah, good DD.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #35
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
LOL!!! - that's an interesting statement. You said later you were refering to e series. Aside from head gasket issues, what makes the oil burning 3.8's more reliable ? They sound like crap, burn fluids like nothing else when ~150,000 - 200,000km.. and from what i've been told by mechanics are a pile of junk to work on. Anyway that's not the point of this thread so i don't expect an answer.
Since you own a E-Series and i own a 3.8. We will disagree there. And my car is 301,000km old.
I'll be very happy to play some tunes of it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normxb
Hi Ya Slick
Mmmm maybe not "dud models" but the odd car slips through , my 3rd Ford (brand new) needed a new F/end , dash removed & rewelded (was not straight) new diff housing & & sills not welded properly (probably Friday car : ) was only 2 months old , VERY much on the edge , sold it and bought another one same model , different car altogether . Still didn't put me off Fords and I've had a few cars in 35 yrs of driving
A mate had a Torana that would never "track straight" & couldn't be fixed . He bought another Torana , no problems ...

Others on the forum have purchased cars that have had big problems,

But I do agree with you , 99.99% are best value for the $$$$

Point I was trying to make , I don't knock another brand , or call them crap , all have the "odd problem cars" & one persons Favourite brand may not be someone elses. I care about other peoples feelings & don't rubbish them just because they're not to my likeing

All Cool , Huh.
No doubt they weren't good in the past but they really have come along way, They just need to get the consistency right and stop letting cars slip through with problems.
My mum owned a new Gemini and blew 3 engines. She had a EH that liked to drop tailshafts? Weird one. A Mazda rx3 that wouldn't idle then wouldn't run. That's how we got into Commodores we were looking for a car and it was in the show room so she bought it VC 81 SL 4 speed. Was fine till she lent it to my sister and she smashed it right off. So we went car-less for 6 years and silly us bought another Gemini. It had a $3000 engine mates car was so fast it hooked us (Me:P). Blew another engine POS = Gemini. Then bought a VB Commodore. Wasn't blessed with power or power steering but it was a very reliable car that never broke down once till we replaced it last June with the VP. And this car has big shoes to fill.
Must admit to not liking Toranas very much at all. I do get put off with things that constantly are faulty if it's good and reliable i like to stick with it. So no Geminis and toranas Eh's.
Don't you hate them friday cars My brother EFII Fairmont was a monday-tuesday car it was good and had more power then it should have. He was happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Yeah, I'd wanna hide in the backseat of a Camry too...would you want to be seen in a Camry? j/k

Yep...that's good advice...daily driver should be fully finished.

And Camrys can't really be done up, so yeah, good DD.
I hope to only spend petrol on it. I got a beanie and dark glasses
Old 09-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #36
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
i dont mind that there are long time members who dont post often. what i do mind is that there are long time members who dont post but all of a sudden they are posting things like...holden suck, they look ugly, they are crap.....blah blah blah. all because we won bathusrt now....where were you all before?
im so happy ford won but im not going to bag out holden and say they are crap...especially since they won the last 7 bathurst.

yes, it is about brand loyalty but you cannot hide the fact that there are some great cars produced by them. p.s i admitt fords look nicer but that does not mean holden is ugly....except the ve lol
They may have won the last 7 years but look at the BAD luck that Ford had to endure for a holden to win. Even then look at the way Jason Bright got away from the pack,bad luck again, because if that car had like the top 5 did not even Lowndes could have caught him. Plus we have to put up with the commentators going for the holden teams, not that you cant half tell yesterday 6 laps to the finih " lets now take a ride with Rick" well hello Craig and Ford have been the one doing all the hard yakka, take a ride with the MAN.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Plus we have to put up with the commentators going for the holden teams, not that you cant half tell yesterday 6 laps to the finih " lets now take a ride with Rick" well hello Craig and Ford have been the one doing all the hard yakka, take a ride with the MAN.
Oh BS. They "took a ride" with Craig and Russell Ingall as well, thats just a stupid statement.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #38
aualright

I cheered my head off when that arrogant Skaife was taken out early...best play of the day. I cheered when every other Holden went off the track too. I think Skaife is a ****, I think Larry Perkins is a ****, and I laugh when I see a Commordore with a Chev badge. I think Holden have played dirty for the past 30 years and get tired of putting up with the whole Holden / Australia thing. The fact they haven't won a touring car championship for 3 years (going on 4) makes me as happy as Parra winning a Grand Final. I thought the VE Commodore looked ok in the release pictures until I saw it on the road and it is undoubtedly one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Totally irrational but all part of being blindly passionate. I'll leave rationality to the serious things in life. If that makes me too brand-loyal for a FORD forum, you can all go and get F%&d.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #39
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Oh BS. They "took a ride" with Craig and Russell Ingall as well, thats just a stupid statement.
With 6 laps to go why would you take a ride with Rick, oh and i hope you took notice of the 'applause" that they got as well when they were on the podium.I wonder why.?
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #40
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

A veiw fron Ricks car would have been more exciting as you can see the leading car (Lowndes) and see how much it is moving over the track, a shot from Lowndes car would have just shown empty track and would not be as exciting as we would not have seen what is happening or how close kelly was.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #41
Boss 290

for the first time in ages ...i actually thought that the channel ten commentators were favouring ford....they spoke to so many ford teams and when they did they had jokes and laughs with each other....they constantly showed craigs wheel (there is only so many times you can look at a tyre) they road with more fords that day. and they tried to talk to lowndes but he had problems with his communications...and the channel ten race out fits look like they belong on a ford driver.....however when the last safety came i was thinking it was rigged and then when they didnt put the last one on the road i thought it again......it all could have just been done for suspence...either way i am so glad this is all asumptions on how the race could have been and not how it ended up....if rick had got craig i would have been screaming, there would have been a riot, it is about time ford got the race they deserve, now there is nothing they can have over us because we have won the competion for the las 3 years going onto 4, last year we came 1,2 and 3 in the competion. ford has won 6 races out of 9 this year.
we have one sandown for 4 years i think? and now we finally have won the great race! go ford!
Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I don't see the problem with giving some of the Holden fans crap, we've been copping it on Bathurst weekend for 7 years. About time we can serve it back. Some might take it too far but its all fun and games.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post