Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #31
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. We can bag this bloke all we like but remember that he probably got the ball rolling in regards to recalls on ba brake hoses and terry ball joints which ford said were just isolated problems. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #32
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
Hi. We can bag this bloke all we like but remember that he probably got the ball rolling in regards to recalls on ba brake hoses and terry ball joints which ford said were just isolated problems. Cheers MD
AFAIK there have been no recalls on BA brake hoses, Carsguide was pushing there should be a recall due to readers input, disregarding other factors that may have caused the front brakehose failures. But in the end it was found there was no justification for it and the matter was closed.

The BA rear brake hoses were changed as a Ford campaign, which happened much earlier than Carsguides somewhat confused discussion on brakehoses, which often confused BA brake hoses with the Terri front brake hoses that I believe did have a recall.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #33
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see any news on television or read any print article and if I detect any bias or signs of lack of research then the article is some douche pushing his opinion onto others, reporters are SUPPOSED to tell both sides of an issue without bias and without opinion if they cant they sux needless to say I cannot name a single reporter (use the term loosely) that actually is able to do their job the way it should be done.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #34
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I see any news on television or read any print article and if I detect any bias or signs of lack of research then the article is some douche pushing his opinion onto others, reporters are SUPPOSED to tell both sides of an issue without bias and without opinion if they cant they sux needless to say I cannot name a single reporter (use the term loosely) that actually is able to do their job the way it should be done.
I can, a certain writer who now writes excellent and informative articles in Australian Muscle Car magazine. This particular writer previously wrote for Carsguide, I wonder why he left?
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
No he didn't.
Old 20-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Holden have done a deal with News Limited for cheap cars. Holden also supply heaps of loan cars to various News Ltd publications for evaluation and therefore always receives positive articles about them. Ford refuse to prostitute their products to these people and therefore receives the castigation it gets.
The very fact that Ford is climbing up the customer satisfaction ratings worldwide whilst GM are in freefall demonstrates how bias often confuses reality with idealism. Smithy is a hack with the writing skill of a premenstrual teenager watching Glee on a school night. People like him should really try to be independant, as they marginalise a huge customer base with their biases and rank stupidity.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
No he didn't.
Then who did? He was the first journalist I read that pointed out the Terri ball joint issues and also the rust issues.

Simple fact remains if Ford enginered and built the cars better, no journalist would be in a position to criticise, no matter what their perceived bias.

But Ford don't, so they cop it. There will always be lemons and what not in any car, but Ford drops the ball, and then expects to get away with it, far too often.

If this journalist has a bias agains’t Ford, then as a Ford customer I am glad to hear it. No bastard at Ford seems to think its important to fix these issues otherwise.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #38
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Then who did? He was the first journalist I read that pointed out the Terri ball joint issues and also the rust issues.

Simple fact remains if Ford enginered and built the cars better, no journalist would be in a position to criticise, no matter what their perceived bias.

But Ford don't, so they cop it. There will always be lemons and what not in any car, but Ford drops the ball, and then expects to get away with it, far too often.

If this journalist has a bias agains’t Ford, then as a Ford customer I am glad to hear it. No bastard at Ford seems to think its important to fix these issues otherwise.

Dan

Yes, cause all Ford do is sit around and drink coffee. I forgot experts like you exist who know the entire operation. Also your one of the experts who would do a 1000 times better job in designing the vehicle. You should appy I mean you'll obviously save the company!!

Ford do actually work on these issue, there is data that they have, they do speak to dealers. The problem is you cant do a recall if you don't have a solution (which has been a case in some cases), or the solution is very complex so there is investigations into why. Other times the part is updated and the problem goes away, or the a jump in problems comes about from poor supplier quality issues.

Yes there are design flaws with the Falcon as its a car on a budget, but there are also design flaws with Toyota's, Holdens, Mitsubishi's, etc.
Old 20-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dan
When you consider the number of components that go into making a car, the design, engineering, construction, etc,etc, then the number of people required to put it all together, there is a huge amount of room for error.

Are you so perfect at your job, that you have never made even the slightest of errors? If you are, you deserve more money. If not, should we name, shame and chastise you?
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #40
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dan
Just some more backround on good o'l Smitty, the Ford President MB personally agreed to handle all cases that Graham Smith received on the Terry ball joint issues when they were handed over. This was never made public and Smith kept on commenting as though Ford were neglecting the issue when in fact they redesigned some components but had to trial and validate them to ensure it was a positive step. SYII had the changes. I personally asked him to divulge how many individual complaints on this matter he received, how many failures were on non-Ford dealer serviced cars etc...and I'm still waiting, lol.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

Dan
What a stupid, ignorant thing to say. Perhaps you should sell whatever Ford you have and go and buy a Holden. It's what "Smithy" recommends you do.
Further, report back any issues you have. Ever tried getting warranty out of Holden? Thought so.

Fact is Holden is a PR company first, a car company second. They do extensive, expensive and effective marketing. Beyond their break even points and huge discounting to both fleets and private buyers, it's why they're making a consistent LOSS whilst Ford (a car company first, PR second) is making a PROFIT. More cars sold for Holden yes; second year in a row making a loss too.
If you had any commercial nouse you'd know not to confuse paid endorsement of journalists with reality. Speak to any Holden owner, they'll tell you of the horror stories they've had with their commodores, like the VE with: Splitting fuel tanks, transmission faults, driveline clunk, A/C failures, electrical faults, faulty airbags etc etc.

Quote: