Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #31
red_hotxr6
Banned

My husband has told me a story of a guy in the gym he trains with occasionaly who uses the creatine monohydrate as well.He was drinking it like water. His weight, his body strength every thing was on the improve to the point where he had to stop trainning with him because of the amount of weight he was pushing, he even started trainning twice a day. Until it broke, the guy ended up in hospital for three months his kidneys had failed badly because of the amount of creatine that had built up in there.When he did finally see him he had lost 30 kilos and had to start from scratch. He just overdid it.
Old 25-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #32
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
There seem's to be a lot off expert's on here, or people that claim to be using or have used certain supplement's, let's see some pic's off people that go to the gym and see if they are as big or have made as much gain's as they come across to have made, we will soon see who is talking crap on here. lol.
Ha! Some people may not look "big" to you, but I did notice results and so did my family - particularly my brother who was living in the UK and I hadn't seen for a few months. No one here is a so-called "expert" so if you get (or think) you're getting results from supplements then do what you think is at a safe limit. Everyone's body is different.

I've been doing some light training without using creatine (or anything else) and feel better knowing I don't need to rely on it. I'll still consider using it if I start a proper routine again - a tea spoon in cordial before I start for example.

There is no solid evidence that it is damaging - only claims I believe. Who knows? In a year or 10 there may well be solid scientific evidence that says it is perfectly fine for you.. Or not.

I guess the bottom line is "everything in moderation."

20V Turbo

Old 25-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #33
owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
There seem's to be a lot off expert's on here, or people that claim to be using or have used certain supplement's, let's see some pic's off people that go to the gym and see if they are as big or have made as much gain's as they come across to have made, we will soon see who is talking crap on here. lol.
probably the same people talking big rwkws that cant run a decent 400mt time
Old 25-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #34
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

I'll admit it i take steroids, have for 3 yrs, used to use creatine recovery stacks, HMB, whey protein, and any other S..T i could, the only thing that works for me is steroids.
Old 25-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #35
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
My husband has told me a story of a guy in the gym he trains with occasionaly who uses the creatine monohydrate as well.He was drinking it like water. His weight, his body strength every thing was on the improve to the point where he had to stop trainning with him because of the amount of weight he was pushing, he even started trainning twice a day. Until it broke, the guy ended up in hospital for three months his kidneys had failed badly because of the amount of creatine that had built up in there.When he did finally see him he had lost 30 kilos and had to start from scratch. He just overdid it.
You have to cycle creatine, 2 on 1 off
Old 25-09-2006, 09:18 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Proves my point...it stuffs your body no matter what it is........

jabba...I may be full of crap...but at least I'm not an empty vessel. capiche!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 25-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #37
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Okay "MO" I frankly don't care what you know or don't know about whatever, but don't be a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Alright sunshine... when (Capital letters go after full stops) you reach 30years (Spaces go between words) of going and doing gym work (Comma goes here) then and only then can you try and put **** on me.

And when you are told by your doctors to give it away because it will kill you.....(excessive use of full stops NB: 3 is generaly linguistically acceptable) then you tell me how you feel.

Oh and just a small aside (insert ":" here) when(Capital letter at start of statement) you go back to school and learn how to use the english language properly.... (again... whats with all the full stops?) then I will give creedence to your otherwise extremely puerile posts.

YOU ARE A FOOL!!!!!!!!!!(too many exclamation marks!)
And for the record: "Capiche" is spelt "Capisce". (link for your info: Definition)

Congratulations. You, sir... are a fool.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 25-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #38
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky
Okay "MO" I frankly don't care what you know or don't know about whatever, but don't be a hypocrite.

And for the record: "Capiche" is spelt "Capisce". (link for your info: Definition)

Congratulations. You, sir... are a fool.

And you young Sir ..have been royally sucked in...hahahahahahahahaha

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 25-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Proves my point...it stuffs your body no matter what it is........

jabba...I may be full of crap...but at least I'm not an empty vessel. capiche!
Explain how taking one teaspoon a day of a substance that naturally occurs in the body is dangerous. If you believe such a small amount of a harmless product is dangerous you really are a fool.
Old 26-09-2006, 12:03 AM   #40
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

As far as I know the whey protein is for muscle develoment, and creatine is merely to boost energy levels so that u can squeeze out those extra 3 or more reps that will make a difference to muscle gain in the long run. If you are mentally strong and can push yourself hard then u shouldn't need creatine. From experience, 6-2 portion meals a day consisting of 1 portion of protein and 1 portion of complex carbs as well as fruit/veg than you can weight train only 3 days a week and in 3-4 months you will be the buffest guy in the gym. Success comes from being mentally strong and having a will of steel, if not use supplements!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 26-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #41
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
As far as I know the whey protein is for muscle develoment, and creatine is merely to boost energy levels so that u can squeeze out those extra 3 or more reps that will make a difference to muscle gain in the long run. If you are mentally strong and can push yourself hard then u shouldn't need creatine. From experience, 6-2 portion meals a day consisting of 1 portion of protein and 1 portion of complex carbs as well as fruit/veg than you can weight train only 3 days a week and in 3-4 months you will be the buffest guy in the gym. Success comes from being mentally strong and having a will of steel, if not use supplements!
However if you run by the program you have said and add creatine to it and whey protein you will get more results in that 4 month period!! Although that depends on the individual as different bodies react to different things
Old 26-09-2006, 06:25 AM   #42
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

G'day BIGBIRD,
Quote:
Creatine Monohydrate (Creatine) is probably the most popular sports supplement on the market today, being one of the most proven and effective supplements available for gaining muscle mass and strength.

It is most commonly sold in powdered form, although it is also available in liquid form, and is also commonly available mixed with carbohydrates or “transport systems” designed to improve creatine utilisation & absorption. Creatine is also found naturally in fish and red meat (approx. 3-6 grams creatine per kilo) and is also formed in the liver from the amino acids arginine, glycine and methionine.
When I researched into Creatine for my own personal use I found this was of great help too

Quote:
In the past, many companies sourced Creatine from Asia where it was available much cheaper and hence pass the savings onto the consumer. Unfortunately this creatine contained a lot of impurities and so users didn’t get the results they should have as well as potentially poisoning themselves whilst using it.

Most popular brands these days use Creatine that is certified to be free from impurities and heavy metals. The two most common companies producing certified creatine are Pfanstiehl and Creapure. Reputable manufacturers source creatine from these suppliers and are then allowed to carry a logo on their product label to let consumers know that the creatine is tested and free from any impurities. It is still possible to get cheaper creatine but it is best to avoid this and look for either the Pfanstiehl logo or Creapure logo on the product.
I planned on using Creatine myself about a month ago but with the state of my job at the moment, all my gym work has falling by the way side lol
If your still not 100% mate, do some more research and make a decision on whether it's right for you or not. I'd love to tell how great it really is, but as I have yet to try it myself I can't really do that. All I can recommend is to research and touch base with those who have used it, and analyse there results for your own satisfaction.
:sm_headba
Old 26-09-2006, 09:00 AM   #43
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

For someone thinking of using creatine i personally would recommend a creatine recovery stack (musashi) as it has amino acids etc in it..dont be sucked into the trap of cheaper brands go for the well known brands...heres a link for the supplement den they have F&Q on most products plus there aussie company in QLD...http://www.thesupplementden.com.au/?ref=1106 as i said i use steroids have done for three yrs, but in saying that i have 6 month liver checks and full blood checks as well....
Old 26-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #44
bob^
LPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I think my heart got blocked from all of these "supplements" Whey protein goes rock hard if you leave it in a cup..what is it doing to your heart?To your arteries?
So did you stop eating Weetbix too? that goes rock hard
Old 26-09-2006, 10:25 AM   #45
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steroids are illegal though.......yeh?
Old 26-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #46
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

iv been cycling creatine for some years. You only need 5grams a day as maintanance. IT does help you squeeze out a few more reps, give a bit more energy in about 70% of people (approx 30% of the population dont respond well/at all to creatine). You do need to drink a bit of water with it as it is a muscle cell volumiser - cramp is a common complaint with those on creatine, most likely due to a lack of water they are drinking.

Seems to be alot of people here 'in the know'...i find it humorous someone wont take whey protein because it clogs the arteries hahahahah...some people arent well versed.

I am a qualified gym instructor, and take whey isolate, creatine, glutamine, cla and r-ala as well as a multi.
There is alot of PROPER SCIENTIFIC STUDIES done on the effectiveness of creatine and i could point you out to many if you really want to. Creatine is said to be one of the very few supplements that work - alot such as ZMA, HMB etc dont work imo and are a waste.
Some go further to take steroids which is fine if thats what you want to do, but its not for everyone, including myself.
Old 26-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #47
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Steroids are illegal though.......yeh?
so is speeding...your point being
Old 26-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #48
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
iv been cycling creatine for some years. You only need 5grams a day as maintanance. IT does help you squeeze out a few more reps, give a bit more energy in about 70% of people (approx 30% of the population dont respond well/at all to creatine). You do need to drink a bit of water with it as it is a muscle cell volumiser - cramp is a common complaint with those on creatine, most likely due to a lack of water they are drinking.

another common complaint with creatine is headaches, a good creatine recovery stack will have 8 grams of creatine as well as HMB, amino acids etc, for me creatine didnt give me the results i personally was chasing...
Old 26-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #49
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
And you young Sir ..have been royally sucked in...hahahahahahahahaha
Care to explain how?

If you are going to make sweeping statements at least have some evidence to back up your claims.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 26-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #50
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
so is speeding...your point being
Hey righto man - not looking to stir.

The point being - its illegal. Thats all.
Old 26-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #51
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATT2
I'll admit it i take steroids, have for 3 yrs, used to use creatine recovery stacks, HMB, whey protein, and any other S..T i could, the only thing that works for me is steroids.
I'm with you on this one - I've been on them for about 3 years now too - Mainly started on them to help the recovery of both dislocated shoulders which scr*wed the AC joints and adjoining tissues... Rather than go through reconstructive surgeries - I opted for this track since the "natural gear" didn't do squat - then after the shoulders healed, just kept on it as I liked the gains... : Someone else said it on the thread though, everything in moderation. And I will re-affirm my previous post, its YOUR body. Its YOUR choice. And whatever YOU want to do with YOUR body is YOUR decision, as long as you use whatever you opt for responsibly, and shouldn't be up for criticism - objective advice, by all means, but some of the posts are a bit beyond that...
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
Old 26-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #52
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
And I will re-affirm my previous post, its YOUR body. Its YOUR choice. And whatever YOU want to do with YOUR body is YOUR decision, as long as you use whatever you opt for responsibly, and shouldn't be up for criticism - objective advice, by all means, but some of the posts are a bit beyond that...
I personally don't use them but I agree with what you say. Your body your choice. If you make an informed decision then the responsibility is all yours. If you get caught, well that's also your problem to deal with.

Everything in moderation is definately the way to go.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 26-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #53
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
Hey righto man - not looking to stir.

The point being - its illegal. Thats all.
No Probs, we all make choices weather right or wrong
Old 26-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #54
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supli...asp?DocId=1090

good article on creatine
Old 26-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #55
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky
Care to explain how?

If you are going to make sweeping statements at least have some evidence to back up your claims.

Shonky and others who have taken exception to my posts..I will get back..at the moment I'm tied up with other matters..which are of greater import than your exceptions.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 26-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #56
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum
What sort of gains have you had using Max mate? I also had plans on using creatine, got a tub free when ordering some protein but haven't tried it yet...probably help to go back on my diet as well LOL
Max is great for mussel growth after a workout, it aids mussel fibe repair & rebuild after you stress the mussel. Mussle only grows after the fibres have been stressed & torn, this is part of the building process that results in bigger mussel strenght & size. The quicker you feed the fibres the better they grow
Old 26-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #57
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

I have used it before for wieghts strength sport etc and I found that it made me stronger more competive bigger because of the stronger part and the more I got into my workout the more I wanted to workout .The down sides of it for me were the constant calve muscle craps while playing Rugby league the amount of water I was drinking to help my body out ,fluid retention ,The constant pumped up feeling ,and last but not least and the most dangerous heart problems if I pushed myself to far on the Rugby field (playing or training)
It can be good used right and in the right situations but I think it needs to be treated as a serious subsitute and not as a vitimin .

I would not use it again while doing any sort of fitness work but may consider for wieghts again but unlikely .

Before I forget as people have mentioned Protien is the best and most important as it helps muscle sells after being broken up while training or even with just recovery

Ps a very important part is its also a fake size and strength it does not take long to lose what you have gained out of it and this is not because of any other reason but the creatine and I have seen this more times than I care to count
Old 26-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #58
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

After everything I have used and the probs that they have caused using roids would have cost my body less damage and given better and easier gains but I never did it not because of any other reason but never could get it when I had a bee in my bonnet about it .
Old 27-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #59
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Place I go for information and product - give that a go...

http://www.afan.com.au/index.php?mai...c2def3d257020a
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
Old 27-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #60
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

creatine does not cause heart problems

and as far as fake size and strength? Creatine helps you lift more, thus create more muscle - in the end, how is that fake? Its not in the long term.
Closed Thread