Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #31
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
There are currently two for sale on these forum. Why not ask them.......

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=60740

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=61349

If i had the money to i would, but no point bothering them like most dreamers do....
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #32
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Cmon mate, they are GT's not XR8's, of course they are going to be fairly high priced, and id pay 25k for a good EB GT anyday!!
Old 22-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #33
Lumpen Proletariat

As a side note, for all those (other) people who say that the EB GT's aren't (weren't) 'real' GT's then just looking at the prices you can see they're still valued. The Sprint is a bloody good car, but just doesn't have the GT cachet, though I think they will definately become much more collectable.

However, for the average price of a 15 year old GT you can get basically the same drivetrain, but with alloy heads, bigger brakes,Koni Suspension, Double Wishbone IRS, less KM's and a decade less wear all wrapped in an even more limited AUI/II T series body.

The AU I and II T series a bloody sensible buy, I love my EB and persuaded Dad to be his Sprint but the change over now is less than nothing for what is honestly a much better car.

Lumpy

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #34
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen Proletariat
However, for the average price of a 15 year old GT you can get basically the same drivetrain, but with alloy heads, bigger brakes,Koni Suspension, Double Wishbone IRS, less KM's and a decade less wear all wrapped in an even more limited AUI/II T series body.
And theres the problem.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #35
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
I have a relative with a Moffat ED. He is interested in selling, and as a matter of fact I posted it in 'The Sales Yard' quite some time ago, with bugger all interest, just the usual call for pics.

The thing has done something like 2,000Kms in a year, maybe less (had about 85,000 Kms on it last I heard), with a rebuilt tranny, and he is looking for something in the low $20k area, last time I spoke to him.

If you are interested drop me a PM, and I'll check with him.
I am so tempted, but I a) don't have the cash ATM b) I have put way to much time a money into the SVO.

Anyone looking for something a bit more exclusive than a GT this ^^^^^ would be the go!
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #36
Age182
GMHKLA number plates

get n EL GT ;)

Previously owned:
1994 EF fairmont Ghia 4.0Ltr, AUTO
14.620@93.3mph

2000 Honda S2000
14.73@92mph (stock + no traction)
Age182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #37
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age182
get n EL GT ;)
Being the party pooper, I'll just put on my flame proof suit and state very clearly here and now, that I have never actually liked the EL GT. Mechanically I have no problem, but I am one of, probably, a very few that think they are an ugly car, due to the styling of the body kit, and would never spend that much on something I don't like to look at myself.

It's a matter of personal taste really.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #38
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Being the party pooper, I'll just put on my flame proof suit and state very clearly here and now, that I have never actually liked the EL GT. Mechanically I have no problem, but I am one of, probably, a very few that think they are an ugly car, due to the styling of the body kit, and would never spend that much on something I don't like to look at myself.

It's a matter of personal taste really.

Yeah i have to agree with that too!
I think Ford lost the plot when it came to reviving its prize winning trademark, the GT.
It appears as though they went down the crappy addons a bit too far, almost ricey, if that is fair to say.
The Gt has always been the bare balls performance car, which is why i think the Sprint better defines the GT of the 90's
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
And theres the problem.
What the heck is wrong with a T1 or T2? There awesome and suffer all the same downfalls as any E Series GT.

And then theres the T3...oh my...
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #40
honer
Back to N/A land

I dunno what some of you guys are thinking

Ask people that have ACTUALLY BROUGHT or SOLD one how much they are worth.

Its easy for you guys to sit there and say you'll drop 40k in a EL GT.. But at the end of the day, if your that unwise with your money.. You won't have 40k to spend in the first place.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #41
Lumpen Proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
What the heck is wrong with a T1 or T2? There awesome and suffer all the same downfalls as any E Series GT.

And then theres the T3...oh my...
LOL...I dont really get that hate on AU thing?

Better:
brakes
suspension
engine internals
interior
stiffer chassis
10 decades less metal fatigue
more exclusive
same price or less?

Just no GT badge :

I'd love an T3 but the 40% premium they still bring over the T1/T2's makes it a hard choice. A TS with Brembo's, Sunroof and that engine sways the choice but most T3's are around the $35,000 mark, which is about the average asking price of an EL GT.

The E Series GT's are good (even great) in isolation but in comparision to other models, just from the Ford stable they don't stack up. IMHO ONLY.

Sprint Lovin' Lumpy :king:

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Old 23-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #42
RS2000
Starter Motor

regarding the ed sprint - as per a previous post, the things came with the standard s/xr interior. this not only kept the rrp down, but the weight also. this is perhaps the only reason i wouldnt be interested in one - bloody fast car, but the interior has really dated badly due to the lack of goodies. again, it depends if youre into luxury, performance or a combo of both. im into both, which is why i really like the gt's.

josh - im interested in the eb gt. can you pls pm me the details? cheers

oh yeah, the t-series' are great cars too, and not cheap mind you.

but the eb.... this was from a great time in my life and i remember being jealous of a friend who payed [only!] 18 g's for a fairmont with simmons f90s. i was insanely envious and just love the style of ea-ed falcons.

the 'darth vader' grill of the el gt wouldnt necesarrily put me off from purchasing one, but methinks the eb gt has the edge in terms of style...
Old 23-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #43
EFFANATIC
Banned

ED SPRINIT is a awesome car my uncle has a black one and it goes so hard its not funny. Go a SPRINT for sure.i love gts but $$$$ isnt worth the money unless you are planning to keep it under the covers to gain $$$$.
IMO!
EFFANATIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #44
Lumpen Proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2000
regarding the ed sprint - as per a previous post, the things came with the standard s/xr interior. this not only kept the rrp down, but the weight also. this is perhaps the only reason i wouldnt be interested in one - bloody fast car, but the interior has really dated badly due to the lack of goodies. again, it depends if youre into luxury, performance or a combo of both. im into both, which is why i really like the gt's.

josh - im interested in the eb gt. can you pls pm me the details? cheers

oh yeah, the t-series' are great cars too, and not cheap mind you.

but the eb.... this was from a great time in my life and i remember being jealous of a friend who payed [only!] 18 g's for a fairmont with simmons f90s. i was insanely envious and just love the style of ea-ed falcons.

the 'darth vader' grill of the el gt wouldnt necesarrily put me off from purchasing one, but methinks the eb gt has the edge in terms of style...
The Sprint has practically the same interior as the EB GT mate, especially the dash and umbrella handbrake, which is what date's it the most and is the worst part of the cabin IMHO. The GT may have Cruise and a Trip Computer but so can the Sprint, I think the Sprint didn't get Climate Control even as an option.

The Sprint seats ARE good and they are Sprint specific, it's ED XR Cloth with real leather bolsters and surrounds. Often they are worn on the drivers outside and can require a retrim. One thing the Sprint does have is Tickford modified lower control arms that allowed for better handling once lowered. The EB GT missed this.

You're hard pressed to find an EB GT for less than $20,000 but there are quite a few T1's and T2's about around that price.

Lumpy