Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #31
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

look at this in a simple way, my favourite drive in SA is to Cape Jervois. when i want go for a scenic drive with friends and or family its my first choice. if do this drive in my omega or my falcon, i will fit in with all the other people and cars doing the same trip on the same day. i will be invisible and no one will care.

if i am doing this same trip in a red convertible 65 mustang....i will be perceived by some, as going through a mid life crisis. same road, same day, same scenery, only difference is a timeless classic with real curves, chrome and a v8 burble.....
FG XR6 (son)
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #32
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
...... barkskinned old maids with cobwebs up their twazzers who will just never understand.
ROFLMAO Thats a good one
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #33
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

its got to be the heart. i will go out on a limb here and say that anyone who has ever bought a pointless v8 (myself included) most likely bought it with their heart. Physically, nobody needs a V8, but its the way it makes your heart sing with pride as the revs rise and you shift just short of the redline that makes it worth the extra $$ in fuel and the ridiculous rego bills and tossers in priuses giving you dirty looks as you rumble up beside them at the lights.

I love my V8, its why i am a ford man.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #34
fos408

Why do you care what other people think ,theyre to busy having their own mid life crisis to worry about yours
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #35
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought a midlife crisis was an indirect admission that:
1. You're not getting sex as frequently as you want..
2. and the realisation that you're unable to attract it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
midlife crisis usually comes on at over 30 . its usually related to being wise when young making good decisions , then having enough money to make an uneconomically viable decision . ( not to be confused with making bad monetary decisions when young ) and paying for it with lifestyle for the rest of your life.
at the time of the midlife crisis --- which was termed ; by the tight rrrsses out there who decided that money is the most important thing in life and bank balances growing is everything and must be maintained at the expense of ones whole life.

one decides not to attian great wealth and wants to enjoy things in life that he made appropriate decisions in life to acheive as a young person. this is where lifes crossroads meet and a path is decided .
the midlife crisis man starts to spend and enjoy. the tight arrss starts to invest and live poor, and the pattern forms .
the tight arrses hate the enjoyers and die poor with great wealth . and visa versa .
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #36
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I wrote off my BF F6 and had the "an agreed value” cheque for $60K in my hand I decided I’d buy a Mustang, drive it around for two years, then sell it for possibly more than I’d paid for it and buy the last of the i6 F6’s before they closed the Geelong plant (as Ford said they were going to do). This plan, I reckoned would satisfy my wish to own one of these icons at least once in my lifetime.

Having already accumulated a great deal of knowledge about Mustangs (and other American muscle cars) I contacted the seller of a 1971 Mustang advertised as a “numbers correct” 429 CJ with 4 speed top loader. Normally I wouldn’t have considered a ’71, but 429 + top loader …

I was given directions to a secret location and found two sheds. The first one contained 15 Mustangs from ’65 to ‘71, three Falcon GT’s, a Bathurst 350 Monaro and some other rare muscle cars. The second shed contained around 20 Mustangs in need of restoration.

I’d taken two friends with me … one was an experienced Mustang restorer and the other was very experienced with American muscle cars. We pored over this ’71 but when it came to the crunch, the numbers just didn’t stack up. But it was such a good looking thing I decided I’d still buy it if I could negotiate a reasonable price.

So I took it for a drive … and … well … these things are not daily drivers. Thirty seven years of ever advancing technology made it feel like driving an ox-cart. I quickly realised that although my heart wanted it desperately, my head said it was out of the question. These wonderful cars are week-end toys.

So although my heart said buy this …

But my head made me by this …

I've since deleted the racoon eyes to this ...

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Pedro]When I wrote off my BF F6 and had the "an agreed value”negotiate a reasonable price.

So I took it for a drive … and … well … these things are not daily drivers. Thirty seven years of ever advancing technology made it feel like driving an ox-cart. I quickly realised that although my heart wanted it desperately, my head said it was out of the question. These wonderful cars are week-end toys.

you made the right choice. That falc of yours is a nice piece of machinery mate. Mustang like that, is for sunday morning on your favourite piece of road. actually that falc would be pretty nice to drive on that same piece of road.....
FG XR6 (son)
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #38
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heart. for sure.

i love my old fords. i'm not rich, but i'm not poor either. i could have a current year XR6 and more if i sold some assets (no offence to anyone who drives new cars), but i choose to drive my 1977 P6 and 1984 F100, both averaging around 20L/100Km on a good week and driven almost daily (i can only drive one at a time). the chats from strangers at servos are just a bonus and never expected.

some of the rides i see here are amazing, and neither of my current rides come anywhere near close to them, but i can honestly say that there is nothing that i enjoy more than driving my P6 and i've driven many cars over the years.

even managed to get my girlfriend to appreciate older cars and she'll be getting rid of her late model corolla soon.

Last edited by Unco; 27-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #39
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont
I thought a midlife crisis was an indirect admission that:
1. You're not getting sex as frequently as you want..
2. and the realisation that you're unable to attract it.

well lets see . !!!! how many 40 ++ year old men do you see with 20 something women . versus young men spanking the monkey !!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post