Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #31
protd
TUFF FORDS

the only thing I'm ****ed of about is why he only had 1 everyone knows if your going to have a good night you need at least 5.. who cares, some people need a life and stop living through other peoples miss fortunes or achievements
Old 31-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #32
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

He is just the only one that got caughtand he's only sorry for being caught.
What hypocrits on the footy show last night.
Joey and his brother thought they owned Newcastle. Jerks.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Old 31-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #33
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by protd
the only thing I'm ****ed of about is why he only had 1 everyone knows if your going to have a good night you need at least 5.. who cares, some people need a life and stop living through other peoples miss fortunes or achievements
if you've only got one,

up the bum!
Old 31-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #34
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremmen
if you've only got one,

up the bum!

OOOK i'll just have too take your word for it

maybe johns should have had his stored there and non of this would have happened :
Old 31-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #35
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

World's worst kept secret.... Joey likes pingas. Don't try and tell me recreational drug use is uncommon amongst professional footballers. It's near epidemic levels.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #36
GK351

Poor bloke copped it a bit didnt he.
Big deal, hes man enough to do what he wants to. At least he had the balls
to admit it on national TV. Unlike the other footy players that have a crack at it and pretend they are innocent angel's.

Media is running a bit of a frenzy about it.
The worlds best soccer player maradonna got tetsted pos for coke, big deal
his still is in my eyes and millions of others the worlds best.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #37
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
Poor bloke copped it a bit didnt he.
Big deal, hes man enough to do what he wants to. At least he had the balls
to admit it on national TV. Unlike the other footy players that have a crack at it and pretend they are innocent angel's.

Media is running a bit of a frenzy about it.
The worlds best soccer player maradonna got tetsted pos for coke, big deal
his still is in my eyes and millions of others the worlds best.
Well said mate. Totally agree. The only person it harmed was himself. I hope he can get it soon before it does him any major harm. He was a hell of a footballer and always will be seen as one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tank
World's worst kept secret.... Joey likes pingas. Don't try and tell me recreational drug use is uncommon amongst professional footballers. It's near epidemic levels.
True, As others have said lots of people already knew about this, and it goes on with more than just johns and goes also more than just the newcastle club. Its everywhere.
Old 31-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #38
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

Recreation use of drugs is a problem in general rather than just our sporting heros.
I have looked up to Johns for most of my senoir playing career and think nothing less about the guy after this .The fact is I grew up watching the guy only to get old enough to bump into these people at the clubs and parties doing the exact thing that the rest of us do .
Ask yourselves are or have you always been completly clean .
Old 31-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #39
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't beleive the fans saying how much of a man he is for fessing up. Of course he fessed up after he got caught. If he was such a man, he would never have taken the drugs in the first place. You can't get caught then fess up.

I bet he would never have come forward and admitted his drug habit if he was never caught.
Old 31-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #40
kremmen

upuop
Old 31-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #41
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony xa
Recreation use of drugs is a problem in general rather than just our sprting heros.
I have looked up to Johns for most of my senoir playing career and think nothing less about the guy after this .The fact is I grew up watching the guy only to get old enough to bump into these people at the clubs and parties doing the exact thing that the rest of us do .
Ask yourselves are or have you always been completly clean .
Hell no,
but I'm not on $500,000 with stipuations not to be on the gear.

Personally I don't think they should test for recreational drugs, then kiddies won't know if their idols get chopped. Otherwise they think if Joey can play for 15 years off his tits i can too. If i get caught i'll do rehab and all will be sweet.

Plenty of great footballers have't achieved their potential through drugs and alcohol. Thats the sacrifice, you can't do both.

P.S. sweet xa, is there a link to more piccies!
Old 31-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #42
GK351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I can't beleive the fans saying how much of a man he is for fessing up. Of course he fessed up after he got caught. If he was such a man, he would never have taken the drugs in the first place. You can't get caught then fess up.

I bet he would never have come forward and admitted his drug habit if he was never caught.
Why would you fess it up without being caught?
i would say 35 % + of nrl players are on it when they hit the town.
thats what they like doing good luck to them.

Unfortunatly thats the society we live in. He took it on the chin and had guts
to do the interview on national tv thats all.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #43
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I grew up marvelling (and still do) Gary Ablett.

When he was involved in all his bizzo back in 2000, it was a shock but it shows once again that despite adulation, some people either want to escape from their life, or take drugs for comfort.

The most important thing is that he gets support and doesn't get booed cheaply.

I've been to 3 WCE games in 5 weeks (don't barrack for them) and every game, Ben Cousins is booed. In every game, he has had an effect. But for me, it's the disrespect. Yes, what he did was stupid but he did the hard yards and is now clean. That takes a lot of character.

As before, hope Mr Johns is working his way towards a drug-free life and can appreciate it hereon without the requirement of such substances.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #44
Tony xa

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

I don't think Johns has a drug problem remember its recreational use not abuse .
A few times a season in my eyes is not a problem
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 AM   #45
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he's human. not condoning it at all... but.
agree with tonyxa.
it's only blown up as he's in the spotlight.
everyones done "something", move on.
look at afl... haahhahaah what a joke.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #46
Schlimmeh
BF XR8 Ute = Bluesmobile

Who gives a toss about any footer player. They are just a bunch of schoolboys who haven't worked out how to grow up. Why people even care about them or any other actor or celebrity is beyond me. Better off worrying about your own business rather than someone else.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #47
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgs351
Who really cares if a sportmen takes recreational drugs? They sure as hell don't help athletic performance, so why test for them anyway? If the governing football bodies didn't test for recreational drugs, they wouldn't have to worry about publishing the results.
They're not recreational..they're illegal. Aside from that, why would anyone buy "pharmaceuticals" from some hack who probably failed high school chemistry.
Steve
Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #48
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremmen
Yeah the coz all the other codes have such clean slates.

The inhouse drug testing is strict and he probably would have been nabbed, but do you think a club (ie Brisbane, Newcastle) will reveal to the media that their STAR PLAYER is using drugs. your kidding. I played with some of the big names in footy and lets just say their have been many dark clouds.

The media is the only thing worse now, not the amount of drug use.
I dont really care if he takes drugs or not.
And I dont know what any other code has to do with it,this thread is not about that.
The clubs and NRL go on about this drug testing and this zero tolerence shiit bla bla,and even feed some unknown or unliked player to the sharks from time to time to show how tight they run the ship.
Then something like this comes up,and shows that if you are one of the top stars you wont get caught or if you do it will be kept real dark.
I bet that if he wasnt caught during his career it was because of a nod and a wink at when he'd be tested.
Its the hypocrisy of it all that gets me,not weather they take drugs or not,hell Im no angel,and did more than my fair share in the past.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #49
Marlene
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
just ask anyone who lives or has lived in newcastle. mcdougal, o'davis, even half of the super league team they had were busted taking drugs! :

i remember going to the newcastle workies with a mate of mine who played for knights reserve grade team, joey and all his drug f$#^ed up mates trying to hit on anything that moved and calling any girl that knocked them back slu$ts.
he tried to hit on my mates wife, instead my mate knocked joey out (my mate was a front rower, 125kg and 6"3 at the time and is now a bouncer in newcastle).

all i can say is suck sh!t joey you should be locked up dick :
OIC thanks for the info.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #50
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked

Agree here!!

So he is 'only human' so drug taking is par for the course ....... so what does that make everyone else that is smart enough not to take drugs? Like Cousins and other sports - non sports 'humans' he is a junkie that got caught...... thats all.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #51
GK351

Everyone makes their own bed. well i dont my wife does :
Johns made his the way he wants to good luck to him, i see him no more of a lesser man by it. His choice his problem.

The papers have had his face on the front cover on the paper 3 days in a row
for what? becasue he got caught with a pill and admitted he has been using them for several years?

Media hype bull-S at its best, let him be thats life.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #52
NA XR6
!!

The rumour is that he is releasing a book in about a month where he talks about all the drug and alcohol he was taking during his career :

Coincidence or what
Old 01-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #53
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Andrew Johns was a role model to thousands of young rugby league fans. I hope that they do not follow this moron's footsteps.

And those commentors/fans that applaude his confession, here's a wake up. He only confessed when he got caught. If he wasn't arrested, we would all still be saying how much of a living legend he is. You want a hero? you want to applaude someone's strength? Go down to the local AA meeting, and shake the hand of someone who was strong anough to admit they had a problem, and sought help.

Fair enough he suffers depression. So what! so do hundreds of thousands of other people, and not all of them turn to these types of drugs. If you want help, real help, there are proven medical solutions available to anyone have the guts to admit they have a problem.

The ARL promotes a ZERO TOLERENCE? PROVE IT. He is a absolute disgrace. He should be stripped of all his awards, Man of the Match's everything that he has ever won for being a player. He deserves none of it.

The ARL should sack anyone in their ranks who publically supports this idiot.

Andrew Johns should be completely shamed in my opinion.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #54
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi XR8
Andrew Johns was a role model to thousands of young rugby league fans. I hope that they do not follow this moron's footsteps.

And those commentors/fans that applaude his confession, here's a wake up. He only confessed when he got caught. If he wasn't arrested, we would all still be saying how much of a living legend he is. You want a hero? you want to applaude someone's strength? Go down to the local AA meeting, and shake the hand of someone who was strong anough to admit they had a problem, and sought help.

Fair enough he suffers depression. So what! so do hundreds of thousands of other people, and not all of them turn to these types of drugs. If you want help, real help, there are proven medical solutions available to anyone have the guts to admit they have a problem.

The ARL promotes a ZERO TOLERENCE? PROVE IT. He is a absolute disgrace. He should be stripped of all his awards, Man of the Match's everything that he has ever won for being a player. He deserves none of it.

I have always looked up to him and will still continue to do so. He is still a living legend in my eyes. i couldnt give two sh*ts if he takes recreational drugs, its his life his problem, not mine. I dont take drugs, do you think im going to start because johns does?

As for stripping him of all his awards u have got to be kidding, it doesnt make him any less of a world class footballer who probably is the best to have ever played the game. After all it wasnt performance inhancing drugs, if anything these recreational drugs would have made him a worse footballer.

Thats my 2c anyways.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #55
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Joey -- The Drug years!

In all good book stores next week only $59.95!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #56
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:

Abso-bloody-lutely spot on.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #57
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:

Well said, it had to take for him to be caught to tell all, what a hero, why didnt he come forward when he started and say, " hi guys i have a problem, can you help me." That would have been a hero,s way then EVERYONE would have looked up at him and saw him for the human being he is, not after the fact when you receive all the accolades and awards and people can only see A.JOHNS in there eyes. Nah strip him of everything he has earnt.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #58
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Have they made him an E-Mortal yet?
Edit- He wasn't as of 11th April anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRL.Com

Champions are rarities in any sport. Immortals are even rarer. Andrew Johns belongs to the latter category and in time he will surely be inducted and remembered as such.
http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/Ne...4/Default.aspx
Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #59
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
I have always looked up to him and will still continue to do so. He is still a living legend in my eyes. i couldnt give two sh*ts if he takes recreational drugs, its his life his problem, not mine. I dont take drugs, do you think im going to start because johns does?.
It's not your problem at he moment and I hope it never is, but what if someone your kids grew up to idolise gave your kids the impression that taking recreational drugs is ok, PROVIDED you do it so you don't get caught? and then said, hey if you don't want to get caught, just take it them at this time and it will be out of your system by the time comes to be tested. It would certainly be YOUR problem, more importantly your kid's problem then wouldn't it?

In case you haven't realised, public figures have more of a responsibilty to be aware that young impressionable eyes are watching. They have a responsibility to their younger fans who watch their every move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
As for stripping him of all his awards u have got to be kidding, it doesnt make him any less of a world class footballer who probably is the best to have ever played the game. After all it wasnt performance inhancing drugs, if anything these recreational drugs would have made him a worse footballer.

Thats my 2c anyways.
No I am not kidding. It does make him less of a player because other players have achieved greatness without taking drugs, and gone on to inspire thousands of kids into sport. It is your type of opinion that makes drug usage acceptable. You are the one that has to be kidding.

It is obvious you are a huge fan, but take the passion out of it. Your are looking through rose coloured glasses. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but in my mind, if this is your true viewpoint, and you can really see no problem with his actions, it would seem your 2c has been spent unwisely.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #60
Tony xa

Quote:
It's not your problem at he moment and I hope it never is, but what if someone your kids grew up to idolise gave your kids the impression that taking recreational drugs is ok, PROVIDED you do it so you don't get caught? and then said, hey if you don't want to get caught, just take it them at this time and it will be out of your system by the time comes to be tested. It would certainly be YOUR problem, more importantly your kid's problem then wouldn't it?

In case you haven't realised, public figures have more of a responsibilty to be aware that young impressionable eyes are watching. They have a responsibility to their younger fans who watch their every move.

No I am not kidding. It does make him less of a player because other players have achieved greatness without taking drugs, and gone on to inspire thousands of kids into sport. It is your type of opinion that makes drug usage acceptable. You are the one that has to be kidding.

It is obvious you are a huge fan, but take the passion out of it. Your are looking through rose coloured glasses. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but in my mind, if this is your true viewpoint, and you can really see no problem with his actions, it would seem your 2c has been spent unwisely.

I also see mo problem with recreational use of drugs .Remember people all are different and what works for some donesn't always work for others
The biggest problem is the fact it has made such a media frenzy .getting caught with a pill like millons in the world is harmless going on Tv crying about it was selling out in my eyes .It should have been left how it was .
Closed Thread