Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #31
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
They were in my opinion, a step backwards for Ford. Why go from a MPI 4.1L to a CPI 3.9? Plus you don't here as many problems with the efi xf's as you do with the ea's
How can you argue with stupid^^^^
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #32
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The 3.9 was an ohc engine.. hardly a step backwards.... the cfi was a bit silly.. and the 3.2 was just a joke...

the 3.9 mpfi falcon s with the 5 speed manual was a quick car in it's day... the 3.9 was putting out more power then holden 8 cylinder at the time... 139kw vs. 125kw

i've owned 3 EA's... first was a 5 speed falcon S with mpfi and i fell in love with EA's at that point.. i prefered the styling on the outside over the other models.. the next car i had was a 3 speed auto with cfi.. even tho it was a falcon S... it was slow.. and used a lot of fuel.. i would not recommend owning a cfi 3 speed.. and again i owned a 5 speed falcon s with mpfi... and it was even healthier and quicker then my first one... the only thing i had against the EA.. was the interior... otherwise.. except for general age faults.. i never had a problem with all 3 of them....

also.. another problem the early EA's had was warping brake disks.... but most faults were fixed by the series II.... and any EA that had major faults.. would no longer be on the road...

imo... no model is better then the other.. EA-ED... it's more a matter of personal preference....
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #33
joker4

back when i was working as a mechanic for fords, i did some looking up bout the ea-eb, because of the first model, there was always bound to be a few hicups, boy that was a understatement. dont get me wrong, i love the ea-eb, but the amount of TSB (technical service bullition] was through the roof, compared to the eb, and not just on motor probs, there was over 100 pages just on ea, and only bout 40 on the eb
trim, engine, drivetrain, suspension, exhaust. a few main ones that i can remember, which was mainly on the 3.9 eg.

bottom end crank freeplay - big one on the 3.9 ea, fix in the 4.0
warping heads
bowing head gaskets
igntion probs
huntting probs, due to MAP sensor, and idle control
timing chain tensioner
top timing chain guide
door hinges dropping
tail shaft vibrations
leaking speedo transducers
and leaking rear gear box seal

just to name a few, tho some a the stuff there r still having probs fixing

tho still a great car, and love it to bits

68 MK2 cortina

01 susuki GSXR600
joker4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #34
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i suggest anyone have a quick read of this....

http://www.fpv.com.au/theheritage/fa...ebfalcons.aspx
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #35
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't you think the problems with the ea's may not actually be the fault of the car itself,rather the manufactourer,,all these problems would of been minimal if they had not rushed it's release and done the job properly..

as it is i have seen all e series suffer the same problems that the ea did.

for its time it was a radical departure from the previous model ie:xf.

once all the problems were sorted and unless they were neglected or thrashed they were a very nice looking and reliable car,,and yes i own one,,only broken down three times due to the dizzy module stuffing upand the fuel pump.

i have replaced the 3.9 17 year old original motor,with a 4 litre,,mainly because for $250 for the motor how could i not buy it,,replaced the transmission with an el one because the original was 17 years old and tired.

did the headgasket a few months ago, because the seal between the timeing cover and head was rooted,,had the timeing cover and sump replaced in february because of my stuff up.

now tell me a car that after 17 years of service will have no problems or need things replaced.

now for those who whinge about these cars,,just remember,,treat them good and you'll get years of service out of them,,treat them like crap and you get what you deserve.
Old 23-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #36
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
They were in my opinion, a step backwards for Ford. Why go from a MPI 4.1L to a CPI 3.9? Plus you don't here as many problems with the efi xf's as you do with the ea's
the mpi xf's were fuel guzzlers,,one of my brother in-laws had one,,it was deplorable on fuel,,and don't forget the xf fuel injection was completly different to the ea..
Old 23-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #37
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
All nice cars, but what's with the ED with the bonnet that's not closed properly? :
It's an EA series 4 with an ED grill.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post