Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #31
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimefan90
at least my xr6 replica has everything except abs
My preffered XR6 or XR8 would be a Genuine EL XR6 or EL XR8 with an EL GHIA interior - full leather, Chrome Door Handles, Leather/Woodgrain Trims, power windows, climate control and the rest

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #32
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
I know its not an E, but I saw a white AU XR6 wagon in Sutherland today. Legit? Didn't look like a bolted on nose from a distance, looked like XR wheels but ride height looked a bit high... Never heard of an XR wagon outside of EF but not sure on this one. Thoughts?
Don't think there were 'real' AU XR6 wagons, but theres a really nice burgundy one with XR6 front around Sutherland too, although its been a while since I've seen it, but very nice looking car indeed.
falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #33
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimefan90
at least my xr6 replica has everything except abs
including a heap of FAKE badges?

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #34
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

yeah i have an xr front on my ea but i've never once claimed it to be an xr replica lol, some people are complete tools.....
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #35
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

yea thats right, 2 differant things. doing your car up to look like an xr as you likw=e certain parts off that model is OK, but doing this and putting false badges on the vehicle is ridiculous (to an extent). BBBUUUUUTTTTTTT a GTHO PH3 replica theres nothing wrong with that.

I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #36
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

the differtence been is that this clown clearly has no idea what an xr6 is because theres no nose cone for a start, but even models that where tickford enhanced only had a pair of wing not "falcon future xr6" or something dumb like that
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
Old 11-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #37
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to add wat 1flyryd is sayin this toolhead missed the compleat EL XR front end including the trade mark quad headlights

this futura maybe tickford enhanced (not bloody likey) but this is overkill!

funny thing i saw once was a EF XR with standard front bumper and headlights not the quads its a red 1 so just track that 1 down
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #38
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Just to put a spanner in the works what do people think of this car...

Because thats an XR6 Replica!

To me if a replica is done right then thats ok. As in if all the body panels are there and then they put XR6 badges on it, it's not so bad. But to put XR6 badges on a car that still has the standard front and the Futura badge on the rear is just stupid.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #39
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

wasnt this an eb xr like yours?? but its still a different story because he has gone to the expense or recreating an xr properly with the correct badge placement not to mention the xr front clip, this car is awsome and a totally different bag of fish, rthe dude from ebay is just a wally
Old 11-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #40
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FLYRYD
wasnt this an eb xr like yours?? but its still a different story because he has gone to the expense or recreating an xr properly with the correct badge placement not to mention the xr front clip, this car is awsome and a totally different bag of fish, rthe dude from ebay is just a wally
It's actually an EBII Fairmont. I like it because it's done right. Not half arssed like the other bloke

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVL-XR
"""This is my biggest pet hate. Bloody stock cars badged up as XR's, Tickford's, GT's etc. I see so many Falcon GLi's with just Tickford badges on the guards and rear. And they think this makes their car a Tickford. Idiots, ****es me off!"""

Just to put a spanner in the works what do people think of this car...

[img]https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u49/low_xr/S5000679.jpg

Because thats an XR6 Replica!

To me if a replica is done right then thats ok. As in if all the body panels are there and then they put XR6 badges on it, it's not so bad. But to put XR6 badges on a car that still has the standard front and the Futura badge on the rear is just stupid.
bit of a change there

nothing wrong with the person doing what they have with the last pic that was posted but .....

why should the el be any different to the ea/eb that you posted up if it is not an orig xr it should not hold the tag ( sorry to who owns the car in the pic ) but what is good for one is good for the other

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #42
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
bit of a change there

nothing wrong with the person doing what they have with the last pic that was posted but .....

why should the el be any different to the ea/eb that you posted up if it is not an orig xr it should not hold the tag ( sorry to who owns the car in the pic ) but what is good for one is good for the other
Re-read my post, it's nothing what your saying I wrote : . I said I hate people who badge stock cars up as something else...as in badges only, example a GLi with Tickford badges and XR6 badges but thats it, the rest of the car is still GLi. It's just as bad as people putting V8 badges on the 6 cylinder.
What Dylan has done is completely different. The car is a full replica, it has the lights, lip spoilers, skirts, garnish. It's basically the same as an XY GT mock up. If Dylan had only put XR6 and Tickford badges on his stock Fairmont then yes I wouldn't agree with it.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #43
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

perfectly said devl-xr

"She goes like a zirtek"

20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #44
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

imagine how this bloke would feel if he knew there was a thread dedicated to bagging his car on this forum

"She goes like a zirtek"

20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
Old 13-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #45
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

i think it comes down to what you like. i am the owner of the last pic braden put up and i did it that way cos thats what i like. dont care what other people think. personaly i dont like that el but thats me. if we all listened to and did what everyone else said to all our cars would look the same.
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #46
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_XR
i am the former owner of the last pic braden put up and i did it that way cos thats what i like.
Fixed :P

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #47
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Fixed :P
lol well true but its still at my house dez
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post