Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #31
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately, we're all getting old.. haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #32
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gees im only 18 and i barely play games these days, there nothing out that grabs you, playing mario kart on 64 was the best, kept you entertained for hours, even those lame lego games on pc, these days its all about how it looks and not how it plays..i miss the old days
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #33
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
gees im only 18 and i barely play games these days, there nothing out that grabs you, playing mario kart on 64 was the best, kept you entertained for hours, even those lame lego games on pc, these days its all about how it looks and not how it plays..i miss the old days
17 here, Perfect Dark really did it for me on the 64.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #34
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My girlfriend states: Boys with toys.... at first its video games... then the money is just not worth spending on them....

So they buy fords
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

S&BXR6!!!! Aaargh!!! 28 days later is an incredible post apocalyptic film! You must watch it all, it's well worth it. Games are boring. Seriously who wouldn't rather cruise in they're ford? Hehe
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`m a bit of a fan of multiplayer type games, day of defeat in particular, half life, team fortress, grow up!......never!
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #37
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally find PC games more immersive than console, I've had PS3's and 360's (all went the way of the ebay) and i just couldnt get into them, I played GTA IV from start to finish when it was released, then sold the PS3 lol. I like my gaming online, anti-social and just pub it up, head-set, Teamspeak, Icebreak, pack of smokes and a good game like BF2 or COH, im set for the day/night/weekend.

Until i bought an FG XR6T ute, now i'd prefer to be somewhere doing something
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #38
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69

Until i bought an FG XR6T ute, now i'd prefer to be somewhere doing something

BBQ weekend when i come to Brisbane to pick up my GT...... that's doing something

I am a social player, and a social drinker...... 4 people sitting round in a projector room playing Halo 2 v 2, or online... with a case of some kind of booze lol
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 20-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #39
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i used to be so addicted to wow... now im addicted to spending money on the car, its the same principle, you take something and make it your own and mod it not always for the sake of using it but for the sake of simply having it... man i could spend so long playing that game... i tried to sell my account and long story short i got scammed and owed paypal $1400 =(
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #40
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

sell an account? eh?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #41
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lmao, i keep my warcraft account, my girlfriend still plays it, i work nights , so she plays it while im at work lmao, or sleeping during the day.
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 20-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you "sell an account" just wondering as i've got an 4/5 T7.5 geared Ele shaman and i just dont have the time to play it anymore now that im living with the girlfriend(she loathes wow with a passion lol) and its taken about 37 days in played time all up from my life into it lol..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #43
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reason the old NES/SNES/SEGA games are so much better is because they were all manufactured/licensed by the console manufacturer (Because the cartrudge was a patent). By the time PS1 came out, anyone could make a crappy game, stick it on a CD and away they went. That's my take on it anyway.

The same can be said of PC games in that there are a lot more independant developers. Take the WW2 genre for example. When it is done well eg COD2, MOHAA it is FANTASTIC, but when all these cheap generic games are released it saturates the market and all you see is the crap. NFS is a good example of over saturation. They release them far too often with little to no difference in gameplay or features. You just get sick of it.

The other problem is previously, when there was a change in console generation, the games vastly improved. 8bit -> 16bit -> 32bit. Examples would be NES, SNES, PS1 respectively (64bit would be N64). From the NES to SNES, the gameplay vastly improved. Graphics, sound etc. From SNES to PS1 you finally went into a 3D world. It was something completely different! Now days the only improvement seems to be to make things 'more shiny'. I still can't get over watching the E3 videos for NFS Prostreet and the developer selling the game by going on about how 'realistic' the smoke was while doing donuts! His reasoning was that people like to stop racing and start doing donuts. It was like that was the whole goal of making the game! We all know how well that game went down.

Like I said previously, The only reason I'll play a game these days is if the story grabs me (just finished Bioshock recently and the story was fantastic!) or the game challenges me in a fun way.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #44
azaxr8

I've loved games most of my life. Mainly FPS GAMES! was hardcore into quakeworld, quake 1,2, Action quake, then onto Half-life and Counterstrike then quit and played Natural Selection(BEST GAME !!! combined skill with brains) then once WoW came out i got into that hardcore. But since i got my licence i can barely even look at a game for more then 20 minutes. I miss being able to sit at my computer playing Natural Selection 12 hours straight lol!
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #45
azaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
its taken about 37 days in played time all up from my life into it lol..

37 days geez! i had 150 days on my account haha and that was before wotlk
Old 20-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #46
azaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&BXR6
BBQ weekend when i come to Brisbane to pick up my GT...... that's doing something

I am a social player, and a social drinker...... 4 people sitting round in a projector room playing Halo 2 v 2, or online... with a case of some kind of booze lol
This is my kinda of style. Followed up by a nice late night swim once the babes come around haha.
Old 20-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #47
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
This is my kinda of style. Followed up by a nice late night swim once the babes come around haha.

Or a cold shower, what ever works for you :P
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
Old 20-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #48
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

My hand is up on this topic !.

I just can't seem to get into gaming for the last few years.
To me, for starers, I've spent way to many hours/days/years playing every game under the sun since I was around 9 years old with my old Vic20 computer.
These days I start a game, it gets me all worked up and excited etc etc but within a few hours I'm bored with it.

Imo there has realy been no 'real' change in game themes for years, just the gfx have got better, it's always the same old shoot this / or kill that / drive / or steal this or that / or trade this and that or whatever. Personaly I think San Andreas combined just about everygame in one and I haven't been able to enjoy a game since that (and something like SA was way overdue back then anyway.

Personaly Im ready for futuristic Holographic 3D displays and so forth before something game wise will interest me again.

On a note though - My Wii sports probably still gets the most/only use out of all my gaming consoles/pc etc etc , as it is at least a bit more interactive and more fun with multiplayers too imo. Cheers

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #49
balthazarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
On a note though - My Wii sports probably still gets the most/only use out of all my gaming consoles/pc etc etc , as it is at least a bit more interactive and more fun with multiplayers too imo. Cheers
For me, the jury is still out with the Wii - but IMHO, Nintendo have always had the best local multiplayer experience.
balthazarr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 05:09 AM   #50
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Definitely don't buy to many games now.
Had way to many PS2 games, some were probably great. I just never had the time or desire to play them. Only bought a few PS3 games.
Uncharted - spent 30hours on it.
GTA4 - played for 100odd hours including online stuff arounds.
Saints Row 2 - 26hrs so far. Half way through the missions. Spend a lot of time stuffing around on this game.

Next game I buy will probably be I AM ALIVE due out in 2010.
Old 21-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #51
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It'll be fun for a few minutes, till I grab some cheats. Then it'll be good for another hour or so before I get bored.
Old 21-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats because you're cheating - games are no fun with cheats..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #53
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
thats because you're cheating - games are no fun with cheats..
And if you are a bit slow like me...... Then some games are impossible without cheating. LOL.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #54
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually i just finished up a full 12 hours of online halo play with a mate of mine who's just got his copy of Halo 3 and Xbox live lol

The Force Unleashed on PS3 was a freekin good game :P that's the last one i completed, couple months ago.
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!