SKID IT

does a ef wagon count lol

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #32
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

I'm currently driving a HX Premier wagon about 2 hours a day to and from work. It is full of rust, pings like wheel nuts in a blender, uses fuel like a Doorslammer, and gets out dragged by fart pipe Hondas.

I want my Falcon back from the shop.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #33
rob20v

Default daily driver

I drive a 1974 Toyota corolla ke25 as my daily driver. My 65 stang and falcon only get out on weekends.
rob20v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #34
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
I used to drive my XC GXL everyday and loved driving it. But the weekend cruises didn't feel special anymore. Not like it does now with the coupe when Im hanging out for the weekened to take it out for a lap. Not sure if that sounds strange or not.
this is how I see it, I drive the Territory as trasnport and the toys on the weekends, currently I dont have a toy on the road so I'm hanging for it but for the classics to feel classic its best keep them as weekenders.

That said I have a mate who has a 35 Ford Coupe ute as his daily work car drives it every where but then again his toy cars are a T bucket & a 35 tudoor with a 35 Sedan in the build

antoher mate has a 37 Chev Sloper he drives it to work every firday rain hail or shine to ease him in to the weekend.

I like that idea and when my chev is going I plan on doing simular

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #35
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
this is how I see it, I drive the Territory as trasnport and the toys on the weekends, currently I dont have a toy on the road so I'm hanging for it but for the classics to feel classic its best keep them as weekenders.

That said I have a mate who has a 35 Ford Coupe ute as his daily work car drives it every where but then again his toy cars are a T bucket & a 35 tudoor with a 35 Sedan in the build

antoher mate has a 37 Chev Sloper he drives it to work every firday rain hail or shine to ease him in to the weekend.

I like that idea and when my chev is going I plan on doing simular
sounds like a plan .hey your famous why you hanging out with us mere peasants hahaha
XR2DOOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #36
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a couple of old farmers in my little town that have interesting dailys. One is old light blue HG ute with a holden 6, all originial with about half a million miles on it he loves it but is allways saying how the HK he had before that (who knows when) with the 307 chev and powerglide was better. Another I see around is a olive green Charger all original with one of those old time rac badges on it. There also a reallllly old guy with a brown HQ coupe, 308 in it I think, but he doesn't drive that often, hes had it from new far as I know. There used to be a guy that had a plain old white XY sedan, 3 speed manual, back in the day pre hoon laws eVERY night when he left work you would see/hear him RIIIIIIIIIN RINIIIIIINNNNNN RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiNNNNNN outa work flat out around every corner huge body roll with smoke comming off one wheel lol. I must have seen him do this 100 times over the years he had it. Awesome guy

Last edited by greenfoam; 21-04-2009 at 03:40 PM.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #37
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR2DOOR
sounds like a plan .hey your famous why you hanging out with us mere peasants hahaha
you turky I need this to bring me back to reality from time to time LOL

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #38
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

My Dailys are spread between the XE 5 Speed Ghia and when i can manage to get it back of Dad the 1950 Austin A40, we have always rolled around in classics as daileys, Dad has a 68 Mini K which has been fully restored and he uses that everyday other than the really hot ones in summer when he drives his 07 Mitsubishi 380. My BA does manage to see daily duties from time to time but it hasnt really been driven in the last 4 weeks (all be it 2 of those its been sittin on jackstands with the manual conversion under way) but even when its goin i still drive the XE. Theres a middle aged bloke in clayton (victoria) that has a 1930 Austin 7 that he uses as his dailey its unrestored but in bloody good nick

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #39
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xc sedan. Six cyl on lpg. Daily driver. No air no steer, vinyl seats (bench). I drive it every day and it has never given me an once of trouble (in many many years). I prefer it to my later model stuff and still feels special. We use a later model on long trips with the kids coz wife and offspring like air con.

Gold, white vinyl roof, hotwires. A lot of people still thimk it's cool. Some still call it a muscle car (despite being a 3.3 on lpg). I don't correct them anymore!
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #40
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully I will have the old daily back on the road in the next couple of weeks. EH wagon, 186, 4 speed. This time I plan to connect the heater since I've got used to heated and aircon cars. Also would be nice to get an AC system before summer.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #41
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
Hopefully I will have the old daily back on the road in the next couple of weeks. EH wagon, 186, 4 speed. This time I plan to connect the heater since I've got used to heated and aircon cars. Also would be nice to get an AC system before summer.
I will be doing the same when i get my EH sedan up here, cant wait to start playing with it, also looking at a 186 and a 4 speed.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #42
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
I will be doing the same when i get my EH sedan up here, cant wait to start playing with it, also looking at a 186 and a 4 speed.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...41#post2674541

Here's the project thread, hopefully on target to be on the road in the next fortnight, missus getting cranky that I'm using her EF for commuting....
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #43
Paxton
Cobblers!

My Mate's mum drives her AP6 Valiant everywhere. She has had, and keeps getting offers to sell it, but won't. It is immaculate.

A Bloke up the street still drives his 186ci Kingswood. I don't know my Holdens, but I think it is either a HK, HT, HG. Three on the Tree, and it still gets warmed up every morning in the driveway. Blue and White, with the original hub caps and all.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #44
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a VC SLE as my first car. Always wanted to get a really nice one, restore it to original condition and run that as the daily.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #45
VioletGT
Slow Sunday driver

I enjoy my 08 Kia rio to much.. :
VioletGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #46
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have plenty of fords but this is my daily driver,its bulletproof,is supprisingly cheap to run and gets looks and comments all the time.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

since these pics were taken i have fitted r/t replica extractors and a 2.5" zorst and the engine bay has been repainted.

http://www.hemi6pack.com/forum/attac...3&d=1239965994
http://www.hemi6pack.com/forum/attac...2&d=1239965915
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #47
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
i have plenty of fords but this is my daily driver,its bulletproof,is supprisingly cheap to run and gets looks and comments all the time.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

since these pics were taken i have fitted r/t replica extractors and a 2.5" zorst and the engine bay has been repainted.

http://www.hemi6pack.com/forum/attac...3&d=1239965994
http://www.hemi6pack.com/forum/attac...2&d=1239965915

NICE CAR MATE!

i got a question for you though, if it was ever left in the rain overnight, when you got in it the next day and took off initially, did water come out from under the dash onto your lap. My VK used to do that. was that a common valiant thing...
FG XR6 (son)
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #48
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
I used to drive my XC GXL everyday and loved driving it. But the weekend cruises didn't feel special anymore. Not like it does now with the coupe when Im hanging out for the weekened to take it out for a lap. Not sure if that sounds strange or not.

I used my XC GXL as a daily driver between 1985 and 1987, then sold it unfortunately !!!.....Trouble is back then they weren't special
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #49
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphanna
NICE CAR MATE!

i got a question for you though, if it was ever left in the rain overnight, when you got in it the next day and took off initially, did water come out from under the dash onto your lap. My VK used to do that. was that a common valiant thing...
i put new front and rear screen rubbers in the car,it doesnt leak a drop.stock valiant screen rubbers did seem to shrink up a bit over time but its easy to replace the rubber.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #50
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Der big car is used for de big trips and der little car is used for de little trips :
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #51
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav

Der big car is used for de big trips and der little car is used for de little trips :

that mutt in the KA...whats his name? CUJO?
FG XR6 (son)
Old 24-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #52
ute351
Starter Motor

Convinced the wife to trade in her '01 Hyundai in favour of a low-milage, one-owner XE Falcon for the shopping and dropping the kids at school. I may be regretting it by becoming one of the local servos best customers, having to run 98 premium (and lots of it lol), but she loves the attention she gets driving it...
ute351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #53
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute351
Convinced the wife to trade in her '01 Hyundai in favour of a low-milage, one-owner XE Falcon for the shopping and dropping the kids at school. I may be regretting it by becoming one of the local servos best customers, having to run 98 premium (and lots of it lol), but she loves the attention she gets driving it...
Hell mate, you have done well! My wife wants her cars to be getting smaller and smaller! Perhaps I over-compensate in other areas!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #54
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphanna
that mutt in the KA...whats his name? CUJO?
How'd ya know it was a 'he?'
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #55
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav
How'd ya know it was a 'he?'
i dont know.
the way its sitting in the window sill is a classic pic. if its a jack russell, they are full of character

(what polish do you use? that KA come up nice)
FG XR6 (son)
Old 25-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #56
cob115
COUPE WHORE

count me in 1978 xc cobra 351 pwr air ,goes well on feul,never get itred of driving it,shops/kids school/work/cruzing .i figure im going to be dead a lot longer than im alive so i use it as a dayly

dont mean i dont look after it,gets a yearly rust treatment,constant maintance,going in for a retrim soon woohoo go the every day coupe drivers

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #57
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Now that's what I'mtalking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great philosophy there cob 115, use them, but don't abuse them.

My old man bought a John Goss Special new, and that was our family car for years. 3 kids in the back of the coupe, never complained, thought it was great because no one had these cool little rear windows or holders for the rear seat belts. Now, you don't really see them much anymore do you.
We used to go fishing, camping, travelling interstate and never missed a beat.

Gee I miss those days :

Anyway, they are meant to be used and driven and appreciated and to live in the moment, because as cob 115 said, your going to be gone a lot longer than your here so saviour the moment people and live the dream. : :
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #58
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

P.S. That's got to be .one of the best pics I have seen in a long time.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #59
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
P.S. That's got to be .one of the best pics I have seen in a long time.
thanks for the nice words gossy,your younger days sound like mine , we had a fairmont xb coupe back then ,but now dad has a cobra : and drives it every were ,woohoo

we have a people mover van but if were all going some were we go in the coupe,some of my boys are less than impressed with the room in the back lol

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #60
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
count me in 1978 xc cobra 351 pwr air ,goes well on feul,never get itred of driving it,shops/kids school/work/cruzing .i figure im going to be dead a lot longer than im alive so i use it as a dayly

dont mean i dont look after it,gets a yearly rust treatment,constant maintance,going in for a retrim soon woohoo go the every day coupe drivers

can you send a pic of the dragster. i miss mine from 70's.
FG XR6 (son)