Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #31
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bathurst test with G6 v SIDI - strike one

This $40-$60k test - strike two

Wonder where strike three will come from ???
And will they be out ???

What Ford need to do is liase with ALL dealers and arrange a nationwide Ford drive day. Advertise the hell out of it. Offer a G6ET, G6, FPV GT and FPV F6 for the public to test drive - make a day out of it (BBQ for charity, salespeople with their best fake smiles on, etc). Getting Holden owners bums into the drivers seat of a Ford is the key.

Guarantee you will see conversion.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Every one of the competitors looks butt ugly inside and out, IMO. Particularly the swooping dashes and the wood grain.

I consider myself relatively impartial but am biased towards the Ford and not only does the Ford look miles better inside and out, it's as well appointed and the performance is just astounding.

I'm considering an F6 for my next car but geez, I'd be an idiot if I didn't poke my head inside a G6ET first.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #33
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Come on, there just hasn't been enough journo bagging in this thread... Oh but you got the outcome you liked, so this time they must have done it properly
At least this test was quantitative...
Old 14-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #34
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
After having my G6ET for a bit over 3 months now this result doesn't surprise me in the least.

With them putting the Calais in last place is about right because that is how far advanced and refined the G6ET is to it.

Great car Ford, all the people that developed this car should be proud of the truely world class car they produced.
Yep, no surprises, although I thought the Calais might have gotten 5th or 4th.

I hadn't really noticed the boot hinges on a VE before. I seem to remember Holden spruiking how the boot hinges no longer protrude into the cargo area and I thought at the time "Falc's only had them since AU" :togo:

But I didn't realise they were god-awful fully-exposed twin-metal-strap type things that look like they come straight off a Cortina bonnet. Big engineering shortcut there.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #35
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to see a straight to the point, factual article for once. A nice change from the egoistic heavily opinionated crap we usually get.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Good review but would rather have seen the G6E instead being reviewed.
Old 14-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #37
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
Good to see a straight to the point, factual article for once. A nice change from the egoistic heavily opinionated crap we usually get.
Wonder if you would say that if the Falcon came last...
Old 14-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #38
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Wonder if you would say that if the Falcon came last...
What are you on about? You in the trade?

There are no complaints because the right car won. No one is being blind sighted because blind freddy could have worked it out on paper before they even drove them.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Not on the car side of the fence no, just accustomed to everything ever done by any publication that doesn't please the Ford fan boy base having the writer's character and professionalism assassinated by all and sundry here.
Old 14-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Not on the car side of the fence no, just accustomed to everything ever done by any publication that doesn't please the Ford fan boy base having the writer's character and professionalism assassinated by all and sundry here.
If a journalist cant take criticism of their writing then they are in the wrong profession. Its like an actor saying they dont like the paparazzi (to an extent), it comes with the territory.

Most of the criticism I see is based on poor writing skills, lack of research or clear bias towards a particular brand when praise and accolades are given out without being based on fact or results. Inconsistency is a problem too.

Nevertheless, the right car won, the fact that the Calais was last is just a bonus.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #41
mcnews
Trev

Criticism where it is warranted of course is to be expected. But to accuse journo’s of being inherently biased towards one brand and making their results read that way really borders on defamation. And when people whinging about an article they don't like the summary of, then accuse the writer of bias, while not taking their blinkers off and putting their own bias aside, it really is the height of hypocrisy.
Old 14-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #42
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes you wonder about Wheels; I think the front cover was something like new V6 set to smoke Falcon. Seems like the guys at Wheels must be smoking something!

The Maxima is not too bad in the metal. It's sold here in Brunei as the Teana and I've had a good look over them. I have the first series of the previous model, badged Cefiro, as our family car here and it's a good, honest, reliable car. At the time we bought it, 2005, the only Fords available were Focus and Mondeo. I went for the Cefiro as it was Japanese and over here this means reliability as its not the easiest environment on cars.

It's really good to see the FG getting some kudos.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #43
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
Makes you wonder about Wheels; I think the front cover was something like new V6 set to smoke Falcon. Seems like the guys at Wheels must be smoking something!.
Magazine covers are there to sell magazines at the newsagents. That is their one and only design criteria.

Anyway, back to the G6ET getting the gong it deserved.

Last edited by mcnews; 14-10-2009 at 11:20 AM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #44
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

mcnews I see where you are coming from and agree funnily enough!

And i own a G6ET

Good to see us winning for once though
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #45
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Does anyone remember "Holdens promise to out engineer the competition"? Ford must be rolling on the floor laughing since both the Drive article and Car Advice showed Holden up for what the are, a bloody good marketing machine, who puts cars together!

Falcon XR6, I completely agree mate get bums in seats even just to test! Sadly too many Ford dealers up my way would smirk and go back to their ivory tower!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
mcnews
Trev

No they won't be laughing because their marketing arm are getting shown as being completely clueless despite having, at the moment, a better product to promote that should have been playing all angles to get in the press and get those sorts of headlines for their own products... They shouldn't be laughing, they should be sacking their PR people and poaching some people from Holden!
Old 14-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Magazine covers are there to sell magazines at the newsagents. That is their one and only design criteria.

Anyway, back to the G6ET getting the gong it deserved.

I agree with you in part, but ask that before accusing us of defamation you go and have a look at the wheels carpark. It IS full of Holdens. I'm not sure who they are owned by now though, but it is laughably a Holden publication like Just Commodores.
I have never accused car advice of bias, I've always agreed with their criticisms of fords, and their criticism of fords marketing department is spot on.

On a lighter note; 0-100kmh in 4.97 seconds? The filter prevents me from saying what I really think; Holy ......

Quote: