Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All day now I have not been able to shake my hatred thoughts of these runts (Runts with a 'C' ) "should have" thoughts have been going rampant in my head like "Why did I not slow down when I saw them running on the bridge" as it sure did look dodgy and "Why did I not turn off the freeway and try n find them" and what would have I done if I did find them?" "what if i beat the crap out of them and it wasnt them?" and so on. Its been a crap day but it could have been a whole lot worse of a day.

I was showing the guys at work my undamaged bumper and told them the story and one of my workmates pointed out all the crap that had spat up the side of the rear wheel panel and now its dried. Great.

Plus I forgot to mention that I just washed and waxed the whole car the day before which takes me a few hours. Ill do it again on saturday.
Very funny the comment of "The ************ has hit the fan" it put a smile on my face, I needed that.

Im a bit embarresed too that my girl friend witnessed me exploding with rage too but hey, i think its warranted tho. the incident really shook her up and then my head snap did not make it any better for her.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #32
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
All day now I have not been able to shake my hatred thoughts of these runts (Runts with a 'C' ) "should have" thoughts have been going rampant in my head like "Why did I not slow down when I saw them running on the bridge" as it sure did look dodgy and "Why did I not turn off the freeway and try n find them" and what would have I done if I did find them?" "what if i beat the crap out of them and it wasnt them?" and so on. Its been a crap day but it could have been a whole lot worse of a day.

I was showing the guys at work my undamaged bumper and told them the story and one of my workmates pointed out all the crap that had spat up the side of the rear wheel panel and now its dried. Great.

Plus I forgot to mention that I just washed and waxed the whole car the day before which takes me a few hours. Ill do it again on saturday.
Very funny the comment of "The ************ has hit the fan" it put a smile on my face, I needed that.

Im a bit embarresed too that my girl friend witnessed me exploding with rage too but hey, i think its warranted tho. the incident really shook her up and then my head snap did not make it any better for her.

relax , what happened is not good , but lets look at the good things , it wasn't a rock , there is no damge to your car , no one is injured, no other car got involved in an accident, you didnt chase, them and bash them ( thats a good thing ) , the kids dont have to live with murder now, and they might learn without that. many positives resulted out of this . the fact that your car was just waxed may of even helped it not get scratched.
for what happened the 2nd best outcome occured out of dozens of outcomes , which is pretty good .
the best outcome would've been the police on the road behingd you seeing the whole thing and then catching them , ( unlikey scenario)
the anger will wash off in a few days , just like the shyte. forget it now and feel lucky considering what could've happened .
cheers .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #33
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordOwner
That, hopefully was the intention of the reply, glad it put some lightness to an unpleasant situation - at least you have an excuse to say, the car really looks like a ********** box, gotta get out and clean the beast. Good luck :
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #34
gtfpv
GT

next time you see your girlfriend tell her you want a better time because the last date we had was sh it.
Old 18-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #35
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HA HA HA, just rememberd an old joke...

Q. What do you do if a bird poo's on your windscreen?
A. Dont take her out again!

Well im home now, cracked a beer, put on a Macgyver DVD and I feel much better- Im safe, my car is OK and my girl is cool about it now.

Click here to see my ute
Old 18-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #36
robbyg
72xa

havent these young blokes got anything better to do, than do stupid ******** like that, mate im glad your ok and sought of over it i dunno what you can do with clowns like them.
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #37
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A young lad and his mates decided to water bomb my car when i was younger. Luckily i caught him, punched in the head very hard and taught him a good lesson.

Never got bombed again.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #38
satria
FOXWHO

care to name the bridge? I'm sure the rest of us will gladly keep an eye (and fist) out.
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #39
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good idea!
The foot bridge was between Vincent street and Powis street on the Mitchell Freeway in Perth
I Dont know if the bridge has a name but it goes from Lake Monger to Brittania rd in Leederville.

Click here to see my ute
Old 18-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #40
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

What posseses somebody to do that in the first place? :

Glad it was only a bag of s....
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #41
Mad Maxine

I'm annoyed on your behalf, ford Owner because something similar happened to me many years ago (late 80's) and I nearly went off the road.

I made it a habit to go back there every night for about a week, intending to see if any kids were hanging around. On my last night of playing Avenger, sure enough, there were kids hanging around on the Watland Street overpass (this was at Springwood on the outskirts of Brisbane), so I took the exit, went up and parked near one of the car sales yards up there on the eastern side of the freeway and watched them. I had brought my camera, but didn't think it would work too well in the dark - I didn't want the little turds to see me getting photos of them (thank God for SLR cameras and long telephoto lenses!).

Sure enough, they started throwing cans off the overpass, so I snapped a few pics, not even knowing if they would come out in developing (I'm no pro photographer that's for sure), trying to get their faces in most cases.
Then, I drove to what is now the Slacks Creek Police Station, and dobbed the little fackers in. A couple of the lads at the station were most interested, and sent out a squad car. They asked me if I was willing to give them the film for processing and I said yes, which I did. Gave them all my details, etc. and asked if they would let me know if they caught the little buggers.

Got a call about a week later from the duty sergeant, saying that they had found four kids on the bridge with a chook food bag full of rubbish they had hooked out of the bin at the local Maccas and warned them off, saying they had photos of them and if they ever set foot on any overpass again they would contact their parents.

I don't know if the little buggers got the message that night, but for me it was worth every night of anger and vengeance that drove me out there for a week trying to get justice. Made me feel vindicated and a LOT better about things.

You can ******** me off, but you better never damage my car. (mind you, back then it was a Mini, but it meant the world to me).

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #42
xbcool
dazed&confused

I lost a great friend to this type of act ( it wasn't dog mess it was a large rock) his name Mark Evans he left behind a wife and 2 young kids and a lot of angry friends.

his family still hasn't recovered .

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pro.../LC20000830033

I'm glad you wern't hurt fordowner and I hope they catch these little mongrels.

steve

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #43
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend xbcool.
That was an interesting read on that link from the Parliament of NSW you provided.
I could feel my blood begininning to boil again while reading it.

Click here to see my ute
Old 19-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #44
Chilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Glad to see that you escaped without injury. These kid's were probably high on whatever and this was their excitement for the night - dirt bags should be flogged if caught, they have no idea or have any real care about the ramifications of their actions - it's all in the moment.

Legislation is already in place - but, the only way in stopping these type of highly dangerous actions, as previously mentioned, is to perspex and roof every freeway overpass - jeez, another tax payer funded cost.
Maybe, just maybe, some of Mr. Brumbys speed camera revenue could be used to fence and glass in these overpasses?
Chilla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #45
bowershed

Default stakeout

i would go back next week and wait with a bag full and shove there face in it they will do it again
bowershed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #46
bingoTE50
Steve

: out: :jab: :MrT_anim: : :evilking: :
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #47
Bam
XB,XF,ZL,EA,EL,BA,SY,SZII

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write up on Air bag installation. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbcool
I lost a great friend to this type of act ( it wasn't dog mess it was a large rock) his name Mark Evans he left behind a wife and 2 young kids and a lot of angry friends. http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pro.../LC20000830033
The missus and I copped a cricket-ball sized rock going under one of those Sydney overpasses about 6 months before Mark's incident. Not big enough to fully penetrate the laminated windscreen, but still big enough to shower us with glass from the inside layer. We never saw those responsible and there wasn't an exit off the freeway for quite a while, however we did report it to police so they could action it as they saw fit.

And then the low-lifes graduated up to brick-sized rocks.

Sydney now has cages around all of its overpasses.
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #48
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be great to belt these kids hard...I mean really hard and let them know that when you throw something off an overpass, this is a FRACTION of the pain you may cause to a person and people associated with them.

The problem is, we have judges who protect the irresponsible and there is no longer any accountability for people who do the wrong thing. It's good behaviour bonds and all that ****y garbage.

I want to see the police be able to belt people again. If people fear the police, they won't go seeking trouble.

Let me think...never had a policeman speak to me...not being a little pile of scheise is a good start....

I am sure most people share a similar experience.

In most cases, the only people who police ever have to respond with physicality are those who deserve it.

If you do the right thing all the time, then what have you got to fear?

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

glad your ok Fordowner, theres plenty of these ferals around , the main road adjacent to my street in about the last 12 months finally we have some long awaited nice shiney new bus shelters , in a 3 bus shelter stretch of the road every fortnight i`d say the same feral/s smash the glass, almost religeously, a week or two later the company that supplies the shelters makes the shelters like new again, within the week they are smashed again, these kids need good hiding.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #50
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Be great to belt these kids hard...I mean really hard and let them know that when you throw something off an overpass, this is a FRACTION of the pain you may cause to a person and people associated with them.

The problem is, we have judges who protect the irresponsible and there is no longer any accountability for people who do the wrong thing. It's good behaviour bonds and all that ****y garbage.

I want to see the police be able to belt people again. If people fear the police, they won't go seeking trouble.

Let me think...never had a policeman speak to me...not being a little pile of scheise is a good start....

I am sure most people share a similar experience.

In most cases, the only people who police ever have to respond with physicality are those who deserve it.

reminds me of a time when i was 14 . a few of us pooled our pocket money together , got an older person to buy a carton of twist tops and preceeded to go behind some shops and drink it . it was friday night . the cops were watching the whole thing . they came around the back in a patrol car got out with battens . claimed that tooheys new was his favourite drop and they were about to knock off and go to a party .
in the end they got a free carton of pi ss and we'd spent our money and had nothing to do , we went home, learnt our lesson not to drink under age in public .
the cops told us we were lucky there were no drugs , otherwise parents and charges would be laid .
we even said thanks to the cops , because foul language and disrespect back then meant a good bashin .
Old 21-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #51
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam
Sydney now has cages around all of its overpasses.
The overpass that links the M7 to the M5 uses toughened glass, but the funny thing is that 3 of those panels are shattered (driving out of the city towards Campbelltown).

I can only assume that these were shattered from rocks getting flicked up from tyres, as I'm certain there are no walk ways on those overpasses, and I doubt anyone in their right mind would stand on the M5 below and throw rocks upwards.

Which begs the question, how big and fast must a rock be flying to shatter the glass (assuming the glass is toughened and laminated), and how many rocks have been thrown off in the past in a similar manner hitting cars below for those drivers to assume the rock was thrown by hand?

I always look up when driving under a bridge now...

Fully agree with you as well Uranium_death.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #52
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of this happening to you and I hope you manage to get it all off your car as for looking up I do that too one day I did it and I seen a copper with a hairdryer - bit farther down the road was a squad car and an unmarked (wonder why) looking up isn't just for crapbags dropping stuff

this is a crumby act but I have personally seen some kids get caught up with were camping a bridge over highway with "stuff" and a car going over the bridge they were on stopped and several rather large gentleman got out of the car - didnt see the rest I zoomed past down the road underneath tooting my horn

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #53
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they can put camera`s everywere else why not have them looking at overpasses.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #54
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death

That depends if you are in Queensland and whether or not you are the owner of a Provisional license. Sad but true.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #55
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just heard the police caught some youngsters for throwing bottles onto the Mitchell Freeway from an over pass last week. And apparently kids were throwing rocks from an over pass the week before I got done by the garbage bag of crap.
Im so hoping its the same little runts. And I hope the law courts do there job this time.
Lock em up, dont put them on a whipper snipper at the local park.

Click here to see my ute