Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
left
Lady Leadfoot

I need to join NSW Police...

edit: wow sorry that pic is so huge

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #32
LukesEF
Starter Motor

In Vic there is a silver r34 skyline with full bodykit and cannon exhaust around the Canterbury and montrose area
Old 25-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
Saw today in the Blue Mountains an undercover XR8 with coloured custom plates.... the plate was something like rayon1 and where a maroon colour.

Edit: Just realised what it says when your look in a mirror...sneaky!!!
There's a blue XR6T with royan2 plates that I often see on the Hume Highway in Liverpool. Just about all the unmarked Fords I've seen have small blue and red LED's beside the numberplate.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #34
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Umm. This is OZ, not Seppoland.
There are no entrapment laws or anything like them.

If you get sucked in, too bad.

Ok then how about deception, kind of like parking rangers using dog catcher vans in my area, couldn't figure out how they kept hitting my old tow trucks with parking fines (for parking in front of home mind you) till one day I actually busted them. Once I reminded them that they were using deceptive means in order to carry out their duties I never got another fine, fancy that ay.

Solution, put a camera in your car and when it goes to court use it to show that it was actually the copper that egged you on, sure you might still get something but then comes diminished responsibilty by way of peer pressure or some other similar excuse.

You can fight, it just comes down to what evidence you have and what you do with it.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #35
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukesEF
In Vic there is a silver r34 skyline with full bodykit and cannon exhaust around the Canterbury and montrose area
I'll see your R34, and raise you an R8 Ute. As seen with Mr. Village Person driving in the ACT. Was quite a sight to see.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #36
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Yup those Lancers are their latest, i past one coming home from warwick the other day.. Gotta watch the limit all the time now.

So unmarked cars have limited result, this comment suggests otherwise!
Old 25-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #37
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENKO
whats with the FG XR6 turbo's having the old ba F6 wheels?
This is good. Makes the unmarked ones alot easier to spot.
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #38
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Ye I saw a red FG I think it was, don't recall as it kind of buzzed me out a bit, F6 with the reg VIP-123 or 123-VIP heading out to Newie from Syderney airport along the number 1 a few months ago. There I was thinking nice, then I spotted the lights, then the uniform in the front seat.

Thing is how does this effect entrapment laws?? I mean if he eggs you on, sure you shouldn't have but would you have if he hadn't in the first place??

Very grey.
There is no grey. Too much US TV cop shows being shown here, obviously.

If you're going to be dragging any ole car next to you on the street, I'd be glad it was a cop as it would mean you're toast.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
There's a blue XR6T with royan2 plates that I often see on the Hume Highway in Liverpool. Just about all the unmarked Fords I've seen have small blue and red LED's beside the numberplate.
That is a truck repair company i doubt its a HWP car
Old 25-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #40
robbyg
72xa

dont know if this is true or not, i was told there were a couple of old vn commodores cruising around western sydney, mount druit as unmarked police cars ?
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
That is a truck repair company i doubt its a HWP car
That's correct - their HQ is here and they also have a Nitro GT that often tows a large trailer with ROYAN1 as the plate.

RE the VN Commodore unmarkeds - highly unlikely as I doubt any of them would pass the standards required for the Police to use them.
Old 25-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
robbyg
72xa

yeh mate thought the same thing when i heard it, couldnt see a vn holden taking out a high perfomance falcon, or holden for that matter
robbyg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #43
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
That's correct - their HQ is here and they also have a Nitro GT that often tows a large trailer with ROYAN1 as the plate.

RE the VN Commodore unmarkeds - highly unlikely as I doubt any of them would pass the standards required for the Police to use them.
Might be good for a stationary speed camera :
Old 25-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #44
charlie200
please insert coins

Quote:

This is the vehicle i saw on the side of the road with the blue and red lights going....surely they cannot use strobing red and blue lights on their car?
Old 25-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Might be good for a stationary speed camera :
Be a bit of a rough image with all the smoke from the engine bay blocking the camera....:
Old 25-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #46
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
This is the vehicle i saw on the side of the road with the blue and red lights going....surely they cannot use strobing red and blue lights on their car?
Well a trucking company certainly wouldn't be able to, I must have a closer look next time it goes past. Often see it coming back into Wagga with the trailer on and given the plate Ive always assumed it was their car - the guy that owns the company is not shy of a dollar and used to have an SS back in the day so I just thought it was his.
Old 25-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #47
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Be a bit of a rough image with all the smoke from the engine bay blocking the camera....:
Nah they drop it off on a tilt tray or maybe they can be a 'fixed' camera
Old 25-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #48
Aulpgute

XRQTR, uncanny you should mention entrapent laws, was in a real estate training conference today where I learnt that entrapment laws dont exist in Australia, only the good ol USA....damn!
Aulpgute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #49
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulpgute
XRQTR, uncanny you should mention entrapent laws, was in a real estate training conference today where I learnt that entrapment laws dont exist in Australia, only the good ol USA....damn!
Do you dial 911 in an emergency as well
Old 25-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #50
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Just a few things, especially for everyone in SE QLD.

General Rules for spotting a U.C.
Usually Theyre CLEAN. almost unaturally clean or showroom clean. Or mocked up dirty.

The easiest give away is as mentioned earlier in this post, 3 (what most civilians use as mobile phone ariels for hands free) arranged on the back window. either right accross the top of the window, or in a triangle.

It's either and SV6/SS Commodore Sedan, XR 6 Falcon, Lancer VRX (yet to see an evo), or ariaun* or camry. However I did see @ one point a VE SV6 black ute on the warrego, not sure on how to spot the utes. I knew about the black hummer. I even heard of 2 Chrysler 300C SRT8's doing the rounds in brisneyland. One Silver, one Black. Yet TBC. 2 Unmarked bikes are confirmed on the coast. Not sure on details. But they are from mostly bike riders. Dosen't mean they won't go for you.

If you look carefully through the (tinted!!) back window, you'll see two little 'blocks' sitting up from the parcel shelf. They look like the back seat headrests. But they're the lights. (Unlike the NSW ones that are on the plate).

Usually going about 5 below the limit.

While passing them, you should see on the dash through either front or rear side window, the radio/speed counter on the middle of the dash, with its radar unit mounted right beside the drivers instruments on the front window.

Oh and brand new letter plates (starting with 'L', now 'M') either the current starting letter or the last one. HOWEVER I work at upper mt gravatt, & the District headquaters had up the road a Silver VZ SV6 With a V8 supercar plate! ending with the no 22. I cant remember the letters. The plate was switched to a Blue SV6 VE when they came in, but now the car with that plate is gone.

& apparently, Captain bligh will be giving older cars later this year out to her boys & girls. So the days of this knowledge may be numbered up here.

Remember, this is to make sure that your not being careless & accidently stuff up in front of them & needlessly get a ticket. I really don't want to get a ticket (well, at all) but for something that just a case of wrong place, wrong time. & Neither should any of you. We all make mistakes. & it's usually right when you don't want to make them!

As for the 911 Storey, yes some people are doing that! Theyre watching too many US Shows, & don't know that it's 000 here. So now apparently if you do dial 911, its transfers you to 000! Some people!

BBII
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 25-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #51
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is also a Saab based out of Indroopilly, unmarked. Mazda 6's too
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #52
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

In Wodonga there's the obvious Black Territory Turbo, and when i last got defected Allardice was driving a purple VE SS ute.
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #53
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
I work at upper mt gravatt, & the District headquaters had up the road a Silver VZ SV6 With a V8 supercar plate! ending with the no 22. I cant remember the letters. The plate was switched to a Blue SV6 VE when they came in, but now the car with that plate is gone.
That plate is the RYW22 i mentioned earlier, stands for Run You W**kerzz, last i heard it's on a silver GTi. Also the Q-CARS do NOT have the 3 aerials on the back roof, only unmarked HWP cars do, Q-CARS run them somewhere inside the car.

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #54
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II

& apparently, Captain bligh will be giving older cars later this year out to her boys & girls. So the days of this knowledge may be numbered up here.

BBII

What do you mean apparently, 6 months ago I saw uniformed officers with a gun hanging out the window of an older VT Commodore wagon with chaser rims and "Unit" rear window sticker on Valley Way in Mt Cotton near the stonehenge roundabout.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #55
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
That plate is the RYW22 i mentioned earlier, stands for Run You W**kerzz, last i heard it's on a silver GTi. Also the Q-CARS do NOT have the 3 aerials on the back roof, only unmarked HWP cars do, Q-CARS run them somewhere inside the car.

V8SC plates on a german 4 cyl turbo, am I the only one that sees the stupidity of that. I know those plates, correct it used to be a on a blue SV6 in Mt Gravatt.
Old 25-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #56
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
V8SC plates on a german 4 cyl turbo, am I the only one that sees the stupidity of that. I know those plates, correct it used to be a on a blue SV6 in Mt Gravatt.
They were also on a silver VZ SV6 back in 07
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #57
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

theres a Liberty GT, a VW Jetta and A lancer VRX up here in townsville, a dude got dun for drink driving out the front of my house by the gun metal grey liberty.
Dad got pulled up by a black Ba/Bf XR8 ute out west near charleville a few months ago too
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #58
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

In the upper hunter valley there is a silver unmarked VE SS, Green unmarked VE SS as well as the usual highway patrol commodores. Was with my mate once and followed a Mini from Muswellbrook to Denman and my mate wouldnt overtake because he swore it was an unmarked car. Fair enough when it turned into Denman there were 3 officers in it. Have also seen them in ordinary cars lately. Just out side of Singleton a few days ago there was an early 90s hilux 4wd on the side of the road with an officer with a speed gun. I was like "WTF!!!" have fun catching people in that.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #59
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I see Hawkesury 201 and 203 all of the time ... they ALWAYS patrol Putty Rd.

Fairfield 207 needs to be booked for driving around with foglights on during a clear day.

There used to be an unmarked Black Turbo Territory GHIA roaming the M7 catching unsuspecting speeders
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #60
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

I think you will find that the unmarked cars with the small LED lights will not be used in pursuits as the emergency lights are not visible enough to provide public safety. They will instead report details of the other car and hand over to a marked car to intercept.