Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

If you want this to have some more impact write a letter to the Minister or call your local member and see what there view is on it.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Oh yeah, I forgot that the two subjects are so closely related.

Think about it, in this case I refer to people that modify their cars within the law, in the other thread it is management of a high risk group according to previous illegal behaviour, surely even you can see that.
Yes this is the whole point I am trying to make.

Too many times people just jump on a band wagon and slam a group (usually one of which they are not a member).

The night P plate law while being a good idea for some is a bad idea for others, the point of fairness being that a person who works at night is discriminated against over a person who works during the day.

This law will stop a whole range of dangerous unroadworthy death traps from being registered with a small side effect of a few genuine enthusiasts being disadvantaged.

It really hurts more when YOU are the ones affected doesn't it?

We are our own worst enemies. We sit back and pontificate as more and more freedoms are taken just so long as it does not directly affect US then scream all of a sudden when it does.

I would really like someone to explain in terms that a "non car enthusiast" (aka the majority of drivers) would believe how fitting a V8 to an old car originally fitted with a 6 or modifying a 2 year old FPV to 400 rwkw is actually making it safer?

Looks like this time the persecuted minority group is not P platers or 4WD drivers or whomever. Not fun eh......

Maybe some of you will look at the bigger picture next time before joining the lynch mob.

P.S. I think this it is a silly law and have also signed the petition.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #33
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Signing.
What a farce.
Does this mean that, let's say, stock CatConverter dies on someones XR6t, and they choose to replace it with a ballistic 100cpsi cat, does that newer, better than stock cat restrict them from getting rego till they pass ADR's
again?
Rubbish
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #34
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Signed!!

This is dreadful!! Who knows how extreme this will be. As the above post asks, simple replacement of a common part with an aftermarket one not to absolute factory spec??

What is going on in NSW, are they trying to out-nanny-state the Nanny State aka VIC?? I'm amazed the Brumby muppets hadn't come up with this one themselves.

Geezus!! Our state election is in November, when's yours??

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

signed
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #36
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

#285 lol fail
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Too many times people just jump on a band wagon and slam a group (usually one of which they are not a member).

The night P plate law while being a good idea for some is a bad idea for others, the point of fairness being that a person who works at night is discriminated against over a person who works during the day.

This law will stop a whole range of dangerous unroadworthy death traps from being registered with a small side effect of a few genuine enthusiasts being disadvantaged.

We are our own worst enemies. We sit back and pontificate as more and more freedoms are taken just so long as it does not directly affect US then scream all of a sudden when it does.

I would really like someone to explain in terms that a "non car enthusiast" (aka the majority of drivers) would believe how fitting a V8 to an old car originally fitted with a 6 or modifying a 2 year old FPV to 400 rwkw is actually making it safer?

Looks like this time the persecuted minority group is not P platers or 4WD drivers or whomever. Not fun eh......

Maybe some of you will look at the bigger picture next time before joining the lynch mob.

Flappist, I am disappointed that you have bought a different topic into this thread, I expected better from you and his is clearly you just wanting to pick a fight.

The rest of your comment I will address in the appropriate thread and keep this on on topic.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #38
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Utterly rediculas....
Signed.
Everyone who has facebook make sure you post it there and get people to pass it on to others. Use your email and pass it on to everyone.
If you belong to a club... post it on their website.
Get an many people to write letters to their local members.
Once one state passes the law, it will spread to other states.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #39
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

is there any link to what is proposed. quite simply it would put too many cars off the road. there is no way in hell all of the modified cars from the 70's or even 80's can be returned to stock or made compliant to the current adr's

could it be that the rules are only applicable to any car built after the date the rule is introduced - not a great idea either way and would be too hard to police anyway. as someone has suggested what constitutes modified - a bullbar, different tyres
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Does anyone have any specifics on the new laws? i search the web, but nothing but this petition comes up that is current.
seconded; wonder if it is a scam???
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #41
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
is there any link to what is proposed. quite simply it would put too many cars off the road. there is no way in hell all of the modified cars from the 70's or even 80's can be returned to stock or made compliant to the current adr's

could it be that the rules are only applicable to any car built after the date the rule is introduced - not a great idea either way and would be too hard to police anyway. as someone has suggested what constitutes modified - a bullbar, different tyres
Non-factory roof racks?
Non OEM tyres?
Non-OEM light bulbs?
Non-OEM oil cap?

What about ex-police cars from auctions with non-standard electrics and brakes?
People who want to put custom trays on utes for work purposes?
Aftermarket alarm systems? K&N air filters?

... aftermarket lights and cameras on the roof of white territories?

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #42
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This new NSW roads minister is a puppet of RTA bureaucrats; has no commonsense.

Good luck with getting anything through.

Have to wait till March next year.

Cheers,
George
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #43
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both myself and my wife have signed. This is getting ridiculous, why can't they actually come up with some, policies, laws, regulations etc that will actually make a difference and MAKE SOME SENSE!!

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #44
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

signed, might not make a difference but not doing anything has even less chance so we live in hope.
the new rules planned dont say anything about rack and pinions and l300 front ends in rods they just say modifications that means any changes EVEN flared guards could count as a mod,its just one more open ended rule change to allow RTA and cops to hassle anyone they feel like.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #45
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Congratulations. You have successfully signed the petition:
Fair Registration for Modified Vehicles.

You are signer #806 [?]
not to many signed yet but hope it is only early days

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

I see what you're saying and I have to agree with you.
The problem is that applying a blanket ban on something to target only a few ends up hurting many others. One by one we are allowing our liberties and freedoms to be eroded to satisfy the fringe lobbyists like Harold Scruby, and as a fairly apathetic society no one does anything about it. Then through legislation the government only meets scant resistance so feels vindicated. Whilst petitions are often ignored, Governments only take notice when the media focuses on them so you'll need a protest to make that happen. Problem with that is, these things are hard to organise and often descend into chaos. So, we sit back and allow it to happen, and on and on it goes.

I have signed it but must admit, I was fairly open minded and supportive of bans on P platers late at night. The dumb thing is however, most of the problem P plate drivers would simply remove their P plates; I suppose that escaped the attention of the NSW transport minister John Hazadikinizass.

Meanwhile speaking of dumb legislation, did anyone else read about the old woman busted for hoon offences after leaving her secret female lover? It made all the papers; "Granny Hoon speeds for secret Poon" or something like that. They say love is blind and in her case, I hope her younger lover is.

Quote: