Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Sorry I was just saying in general. Not anything specific.
Old 30-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #32
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

How weird is this, Monday I was told most likely see the car around the 9th August as Fords computer said it was going down the line early next month, yesterday the dealer told me status showed car is painted and going through the processes of being built, today it may have been finished...
Hopefully I will have when I come back from holidays Monday week...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 30-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #33
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmm.. Was quoted 8 weeks with my FPV and it rocked up in 6.. Pleasant suprises not expected.... Enjoy..
Old 30-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
How weird is this, Monday I was told most likely see the car around the 9th August as Fords computer said it was going down the line early next month, yesterday the dealer told me status showed car is painted and going through the processes of being built, today it may have been finished...

OH NO not an Friday afternoon car ......
Old 31-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #35
rodderz

we need a pic of spooly in the gemmy!
Old 31-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #36
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
we DEFINITELY need a pic of spooly in the gemmy!
Fixed!
Old 31-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #37
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Was thinking the same thing
Old 31-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #38
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:

Mine is/was due to hit the dealer end of next week. Dealer rang me a couple of days ago, when he saw that it had blown out to the 19th Aug!! He rang Ford, and they said don't take any notice of that. The scheduling computer sometimes just does that, and that the Ute is still on schedule!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Old 31-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #39
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the tracking numbers anyone gives you no matter what the item is can only ever give you an indication as to where it is and not how long it will take to get to the next checking station. Sales people don't know exactly, it's all just best guesswork based on previous experience and luck. I would rather be told it will be 8 weeks and it comes in 6 rather than be told it will come in 6 and it takes 8. The salesperson doesnt want to loose a sale though and he would rather tell you the shortest possible time. Once he gets your sig he knows that in 99.99% of cases you will wait.
Old 31-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #40
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
With him giving the big thumb's up at the window..
Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #41
rodderz

I wonder if he's modded the gemmy while waiting?
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 AM   #42
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Probably the clutch anyway.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #43
twistgrip

Front wheel drive Gemini??? now that would be rare
Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
We probably won't hear from him much, he's probably out cruising the street's with all the window's down, one arm hanging out the side, the seat rolled right back, with doof doof blaring away, with a huge grin from ear to ear

I can see him now pulling up next to some young girlies at the light's looking over thinking....
How YOU dooing...........
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #45
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

On Holidays is Mackay guys who would ever thought there is no winter here, 10 pm shorts and t-shirt weather with ceiling fans going enjoying a stubby of miller chill..
As for the Gemini I grateful I given a car to drive from my mate Rod its a workshop special, but gee its a bucket, I think its 1985 model done 552,000 klm.will post a real pic next week..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1985-Isuzu-Gemini-sedan-pic.jpg (8.7 KB, 58 views)

Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #46
egosfast
Out and About

I picked up my new car on Saturday, which was earlier than I was told to expect it.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #47
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Many things can be done to push cars forward.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #48
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by egosfast
I picked up my new car on Saturday, which was earlier than I was told to expect it.
You got a thread with some pictures, congrats on your new ride..

Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
You got a thread with some pictures, congrats on your new ride..
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some pic's of a 50th in Sunburst.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #50
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
On Holidays is Mackay guys who would ever thought there is no winter here, 10 pm shorts and t-shirt weather with ceiling fans going enjoying a stubby of miller chill..
Ah, so you're the goose I saw walking around in shorts, when all of the locals have jeans and jackets on. What are you thinking, don't you know its winter! Its only 25 outside mate!

Why would you want to visit Mackay? Did you get lost!

Were you here for QME?

Did you make the trip from Melbourne in the Gemini?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #51
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
Ah, so you're the goose I saw walking around in shorts, when all of the locals have jeans and jackets on. What are you thinking, don't you know its winter! Its only 25 outside mate!

Why would you want to visit Mackay? Did you get lost!

Who wears long pants here, this is the best winter I have had in my life and I lived on the Gold Coast for 6 years some time ago.
Decided on Mackay visit my wife's sister and niece air fares with Tiger so cheap and direct flights too..
I wouldn't live here though the summer heat would be murder..
40% of the cars here are 4WD's the Toyota & Nissan dealers in town must swimming in money..
The money the mining company's are generating in this town it will be boom boom, inside the next 10 years the shore lines will be covered in high rise buildings.
Some nice well priced real estate in Slade Point a little hidden treasure nice and quiet too...

Old 03-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #52
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Who wears long pants here, this is the best winter I have had in my life and I lived on the Gold Coast for 6 years some time ago.
Actually I am wearing Jeans today. With a T shirt though. It was a little chilly overnight though, so just as well we had the doona out.
Quote:
Decided on Mackay visit my wife's sister and niece air fares with Tiger so cheap and direct flights too..
I wouldn't live here though the summer heat would be murder..
Oh it is murder. I work outdoors and I grew up in Melbourne so you aren't telling me anything about summer here. The humidity is a shock to the system, a little like living in a sauna. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
40% of the cars here are 4WD's the Toyota & Nissan dealers in town must swimming in money.
Lots of mining company cars that are Prados, Hiluxes, etc. Lots of cashed up miners buying FPVs and HSVs too. The local FPV and HSV dealers are the largest regional dealers ( volume wise) in Aus apparently. I'm amazed we dont have a BMW dealership within 300klm actually. Lots of guys with enough cash to splash on Euro gear.

Quote:
The money the mining company's are generating in this town it will be boom boom, inside the next 10 years the shore lines will be covered in high rise buildings.
Some nice well priced real estate in Slade Point a little hidden treasure nice and quiet too...
Thats what the locals are refering to as Boom 2. Boom 1 ended about 18 months ago and boom 2 hasn't yet begun. All of the coal mines are back at full steam after the reccession we almost had. Once there is further expansion and new mines open up, boom 2 will be in full swing.

You would have seen how many coal ships were waiting to be loaded as you flew over Hay Point/Daly Bay on your flight in. Over 100 usually bobbing around out there in the Coral Sea waiting to be loaded. Not sure about the real estate though as Mackay really only has an economy geared to one thing IMO.

It will be interesting to see what the next decade brings to this area and whether or not the bubble will burst at some stage down the track in the mining industry due to an ETS, more viable greener energy sources, etc come to the fore. If these things eventuate, and the mining industry is effected, Mackay will be a ghost town in 30 years IMO.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #53
98fex

A friend of mine pickup there 50th anniversary falcon on friday a sedan.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #54
SpoolMan

Still playing the waiting game, Ute was finished last week and it's showing in transit since last Friday, what a joke from Broadmeadows to the dealer which is approx 50klm now 3 working days still hasn't arrived...
Maybe Ford are taking it Via Perth...

Old 10-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #55
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Still playing the waiting game, Ute was finished last week and it's showing in transit since last Friday, what a joke from Broadmeadows to the dealer which is approx 50klm now 3 working days still hasn't arrived...
that sucks spooly

you are right though prob going via Perth and then adelaide

hope you get it soon

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #56
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Least it will be well and truly run in ..... saves you doing it. Can you put FG II on the rear??

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #57
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Could be getting the extra check that some of these cars get by the engineers. But I wonder if it passes pre -delivery area that it goes to transit but if there is a problem with it then it wont pass the gate.
Or what happened with the first 1000 BFII's and were road tested.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #58
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Least it will be well and truly run in ..... saves you doing it. Can you put FG II on the rear??
Maybe it fell off the truck and they took it to the panel beaters for a quick repair..

Gee I love driving this 1985 front wheel drive Gemini in the wet...

Old 11-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #59
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

At least if it was a rwd you'd be able to enjoy it mark...
I bet the wait is frustrating, but don't worry, soon you'll have your new toy and the fun can begin
hope to see it cutting it up on the strip next time I come over, with mods too!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #60
rodderz

Quote:
Maybe it fell off the truck and they took it to the panel beaters for a quick repair..

Gee I love driving this 1985 front wheel drive Gemini in the wet...
That guy you bought it off just showed up in my driveway in a new XR6T ute, nice n fun in the wet lol
Closed Thread