Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
As for how they drive, I can highly recommend a Mazda diesel. Grandpa Spec Au's description of the Focus is pretty much the Mazda as well.
That's because a Mazda 3 is a Focus, with a different top hat...... They are another of the Ford Mazda joint venture projects.

Ford biased as I am, I'd still prefer the Golf! The missus' car is a Focus, and a great car it is. Petrol auto and gets around 7.5L/100km
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #32
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351
That's because a Mazda 3 is a Focus, with a different top hat...... They are another of the Ford Mazda joint venture projects.
I am aware there is a link between the Focus and the Mazda 3. I was referring more to the power delivery and you will find they have different diesel motors. The Focus being a 2.0L and the Mazda 3 being a 2.2L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP351
Ford biased as I am, I'd still prefer the Golf! The missus' car is a Focus, and a great car it is. Petrol auto and gets around 7.5L/100km
We are averaging 6L/100km (bowser verified) in the Mazda 6. Not bad I think considering it is the size of a VS Commodore and weighs 1600kg. It regularly shows about 3L/100km cruising at 50km/hr in 4th gear.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #33
GK351

We are expecting out 3rd child, our VW 2L TDi DSG 6 speed 2007 comfortline will be on the market in a couple of months, 29,000km's serviced at VW looking at getting around the 23-25K region. Or just trade it in for a bigger car.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #34
Kryton

How do you find the DSG?
Does the TDi have the punch like a Falcon 6 does?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #35
GK351

The DSG is a nice gearbox, very smooth, and works awsome behind the diesel, on steep hills, might roll back 100mm when you let the brake go yet does not shudder or hop like inexpirienced manual drivers.

I think the highlight of the MARK V was that DSG gearbox.

103kw 320NM in that sized car is all you need, its not a race car but its still pretty zippy, i have a tired AU petrol wagon and the golf would eat it up to the speed limit anyway.

Weve given it a few nice long drives i'v have had it at 4.6L/100km combined.
Thats with a full car load.
Around the city its around the 6-7L.

Can't fault the golf, that model was the worlds best selling car.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post