Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #31
Turbodiesel
Torquer

I've got the official Ford scuff plates, well worth it as they look nice. Make sure you stick them on straight though because they aren't coming off easily.

Have the pedals also and thought about the handbrake but really don't want to take a stanley knife to it to get the old one off.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #32
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got one of the "lower front grilles" available thru Ford on order.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satel...rincipal-light

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #33
null object
Starter Motor

In Focus -

I got a front lower grill too from the Ford catalog.
I was a bit worried about getting it as I only had the one pic from the catalog to go by.

So I got it and I have a few problems with it.

It is a much lighter shade of black, almost like it has been bleached in the sun. It makes it stand out like a sore thumb.

It also gives the car a VW Baja Bug look if you know what I mean.

I am quite disappointed with it. I asked the dealer about the color difference and he said bad luck. I am going to see if head office can do something about it.

What I would like to know is if the XR5 front spoiler / front clip would bolt right up to the LX model I have?

MY car is a 2010 Black LVMKII LX Hatch
null object is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #34
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually, the grille it's replacing is more grey than black in my CL, so I'd imagine it's no worse?? I'd be looking at glossing it up with Meguiars Trim Protectant, which has made the current come up quite well.

Edit: Have you got a shot of it on the car?

Old 18-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #35
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus accessories

Never mind. I've got one now. Before and after shots here.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/.../New%20Grille/

Quite pleased overall. Next job is fog lights. How difficult that will be depends on whether the loom etc is already in place. If not, it's probably an auto electrician job.

Old 18-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #36
bb_zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
I've got the official Ford scuff plates, well worth it as they look nice. Make sure you stick them on straight though because they aren't coming off easily.

Have the pedals also and thought about the handbrake but really don't want to take a stanley knife to it to get the old one off.
I did the Handbrake and Scuff Plates in mine....what i did was place a few rags around the console and passenger seat when using the stanley knife incase anything went astray. I cut the whole old existing handbrake cover in half and then used a screwdriver and a rubber mallet to tap the old cover off.

I put the new chrome one on without needing any tools, it slid down and locked into place. Looks good next to the chrome finish on the gearshift in my Zetec i think!

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Do they do a lightbar for the Focus?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #38
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't fit my LV CL? Apart from the fact the shape of the bezel surrounds might be slightly different?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...p_kit_2299.htm

I'm thinking at worst I end up with fog-lights and wiring, but the wrong surrounds for the bulbs.

I've been quoted over $500 for the kit from a dealer in Australia, so this kit at around $150 puts me in front assuming it fits (and the postage is less than $350).

I'd probably get this as well, in case the loom isn't already in place.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford..._loom_2300.htm

Old 23-03-2011, 12:02 AM   #39
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bueller? Bueller?

Old 25-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #40
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, the foglight blanks are going, it's just a matter of how...

My latest thought is to swap them for some mesh, as a kind of fake cooling intake. Something like the mesh on page 4 of this section of Supercrap...

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...s.aspx?id=4082

I'm thinking you could cut good size holes in the middle of the foglight blanks, attach the mesh (superglue?) to the framework of the blanks from the back, spray-paint it all, or maybe just the mesh (to keep the framework grey like the main grille).

It's just an idle thought, but will it work? Look too dodgy/ricey?

Should I just go ahead and get some foglights even if they'd get used about once or twice a year here in Perth...? Or even get some fake foglights?

Old 26-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #41
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Well, the foglight blanks are going, it's just a matter of how...

My latest thought is to swap them for some mesh, as a kind of fake cooling intake. Something like the mesh on page 4 of this section of Supercrap...

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...s.aspx?id=4082

I'm thinking you could cut good size holes in the middle of the foglight blanks, attach the mesh (superglue?) to the framework of the blanks from the back, spray-paint it all, or maybe just the mesh (to keep the framework grey like the main grille).

It's just an idle thought, but will it work? Look too dodgy/ricey?

Should I just go ahead and get some foglights even if they'd get used about once or twice a year here in Perth...? Or even get some fake foglights?
Keep an eye out at local wreckers. you may come across a wreck that has got some foglights you could get from it...
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #42
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Keep an eye out at local wreckers. you may come across a wreck that has got some foglights you could get from it...
True. Makes me feel like someone waiting for a heart transplant - knowing the only way to get those foglights is if someone's car died.

Old 28-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #43
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone think of a reason why a hole in the foglight blanks would cause any bad issues?

Old 28-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #44
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
True. Makes me feel like someone waiting for a heart transplant - knowing the only way to get those foglights is if someone's car died.
Thats how I got a new bonnet protector, I saved around $40 too. Not a bad way to get parts cheap & alot of wreckers these days have a warranty on parts that you buy from them aswell.

I cant think of any reason a hole where the foglights are supposed to be would cause you any problems. The only thing it would do is let more air, water & bugs in. The same as say bonnet vents would do
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #45
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks, Neale. I might have to re-think, because I've realised there is too much of the vacant foglight housing visible behind the mesh I was thinking of filling the hole in the blank with - it's bright red... Hmm, I wonder if putting something black behind the mesh would be too obvious.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #46
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pics of the post-cut-and-mesh foglight.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/...DMesh004-1.jpg

The close-up probably shows more red paint (and foglight hole) behind than shows up in "real life" because of that closeness, and because of the camera flash. That said, I might still put something like flywire behind it to increase the illusion of "blackness" as well as pick up extra dust etc.

Old 17-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #47
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone installed one of these? I just picked up this particular item, and I'm wondering how it works for people, how hard it is to install etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_500wt_1156

Old 17-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #48
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Anyone installed one of these? I just picked up this particular item, and I'm wondering how it works for people, how hard it is to install etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_500wt_1156
I install reverse sensors in vehicles at work, the hardest part would be drilling the holes in the rear bar, because they have to be perfectly spaced apart and in certain places.

What you do is splice into the reverse light wire for power, so they only come on when you put the car into reverse.
Old 17-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #49
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How long does it take for a professional like yourself? Less than an hour?

Old 17-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #50
casabonka
You can call me Chris

god, I could just imagine the "speed holes' My rear bar would have if I attempted that! haha
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #51
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do NOT buy these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....T#ht_723wt_905

They are lightweight plastic, seriously lightweight. I thought they were going to snap in my hands. The label "for Focus" didn't inspire me on one, especially when I found "Focus for" on the other side...

Against my better judgement (probably because it cost me $67 to buy and get them posted), I put them on anyway, then thought better of it in the morning. The fact they came off without more than a gentle tug tells me they probably would have flown off at freeway speed, anyway.

Unfortunately, I've got some aluminium pedals coming from the same place. The only consolation is that they appear to be genuine. Hopefully.

Old 22-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
How long does it take for a professional like yourself? Less than an hour?
Theres a fair bit of work involved if you want a good job, I'd say 2 hours would be a safe bet if someone took their time about it and done everything well, hid all the wires with split tubing over them etc.

It takes me about an hour to do it but I only do them on Mercedes Sprinter vans so I know where everything goes where-as you might take it to an auto elec who has never done them on a Focus before so he has to sus everything out first.

I've used this kit at work:

http://www.vge.net.au/ps-bz1b18-4b.html

This one has no display to tell you how far you are away from the object though, it just beeps, but you can get the screen as an option.
Old 22-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #53
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Red face Re: Focus accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Theres a fair bit of work involved if you want a good job, I'd say 2 hours would be a safe bet if someone took their time about it and done everything well, hid all the wires with split tubing over them etc.

It takes me about an hour to do it but I only do them on Mercedes Sprinter vans so I know where everything goes where-as you might take it to an auto elec who has never done them on a Focus before so he has to sus everything out first.

I've used this kit at work:

http://www.vge.net.au/ps-bz1b18-4b.html

This one has no display to tell you how far you are away from the object though, it just beeps, but you can get the screen as an option.
Thanks, Damo. There's a Bosch service outlet about a hundred metres from my work, so I'll see what they quote me on an install. Lacking a little confidence in the drilling bumpers bit. I can see myself screwing that up, as Casabonka mentions above.

Old 26-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #54
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just what we all need: a little bit of "magic" for our cars...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tuning-Ford-F...item20b8b08267

Old 26-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #55
jarradgoodwin91

Quote:
Just what we all need: a little bit of "magic" for our cars...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tuning-Ford-F...item20b8b08267

LOVE IT!!!!! lol
the best part is
"Any 12 volt vehicles using gasoline, LPG, diesel.
No matter it is a EFI or carburetor vehicle.
Easy installation and lasts at least 8 years even if you drive 24 hours a day."

something u'd expect to see on tvsn!
if u buy within the next 15 minutes we will throw in a free salad spinner!
jarradgoodwin91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #56
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got these. They're supposed to be genuine, though I'm not sure what the genuine ones look like... They have little rubber inserts under the aluminium cover. The aluminium has little tabs which I assumed were meant to be bent around the existing pedal - which I did. I don't know if that's right, but I don't think they'll come off too quickly.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....T#ht_704wt_905

Old 02-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #57
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some recent mods on the LV...

"Kinetic" lower grille - $152 incl fitting from local Ford dealer. I think you can get it cheaper if you import it, but the size might be a problem for postage. Should I paint it and the upper grille black???

OEM Foglights - imported from UK and installed by auto sparkie for $350 in total; Ford Oz quote $500 for foglight kit alone.

Bosch ParkPilot reversing sensors - approx $550 total for e-bay purchase plus auto sparky fitting (just beyond my competence level, and didn't want to take any warranty risks).

Aluminium pedals - allegedly genuine but only $35 via e-bay.

Last edited by In Focus; 02-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #58
smiddy

Hi has anybody put a start button in a focus was wondering if wiring loom is there or not can buy complete button cheap from uk thanx
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #59
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

In Focus, some really nicely done mods there. Some great savings too!
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #60
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks, DZFord, appreciated.