Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 bad ef
As per normal they will probably stick a chev in it! That`s the only way they can make a holden go!
Nah, GM America just make them go slower. From memory the Camero was slower around the top gear track then the Maloo.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #32
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Nah, GM America just make them go slower. From memory the Camero was slower around the top gear track then the Maloo.
Want to try that against the new corvette!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #33
nstg8a

Quote:
Why can`t GMH australia make there own motor? instead of borrowing GM`s all the time?
probably the same reason ford oz dont....

i dont understand the way people try to put down holdens for having the chev motors? holden = chev = vauxhall = gm.... its all the same company.

last time i looked its been rather a substantial chunk of time since ford built their own V8 wholly here in oz....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #34
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
R&D, and cost. There's no real reason for Holden to design, and build their own V8s when it's easier to get one from GM's line up.
Yes your right! it`s all about the big bucks! What do us dumb aussies know about building cars & keepin money & jobs in this country anyhow!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes your right! it`s all about the big bucks! What do us dumb aussies know about building cars & keepin money & jobs in this country anyhow!
I wasn't trying to imply that mate. I just don't see any logical reason as to why Holden need to build their own V8s when the GM offerings are just fine.

It's not like Holden don't know how to make their own V8. EFI 304? Or how about the 5.7L stroker in the VS GTS-R?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 AM   #36
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply that mate. I just don't see any logical reason as to why Holden need to build their own V8s when the GM offerings are just fine.

It's not like Holden don't know how to make their own V8. EFI 304? Or how about the 5.7L stroker in the VS GTS-R?
Sorry Ryan wasn`t havin ago at you! I just like to see australians making there own stuff! Because we do a good job when we do it! as I said though it`s all about savin a buck these days
Old 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #37
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry Ryan wasn`t havin ago at you! I just like to see australians making there own stuff! Because we do a good job when we do it! as I said though it`s all about savin a buck these days
It's cool. I also like it when we do things for ourselves.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:46 AM   #38
Falcman0o7
Banned

Do what they normally do...Up the cubes! Must be nearing 9 litres now!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #39
jordsnissannx
SR20 Abuser

Quote:

haha sorry but the 304 was crap, the buick and ecotec sixes were a hell of a lot better, even the ford sixes of the time were as good if not better

plus it seems 304 inst good enough for the holden driver of it thats why they have to stroke it to 355 lol hopeless if ya ask me

jordo
jordsnissannx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #40
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordsnissannx
haha sorry but the 304 was crap, the buick and ecotec sixes were a hell of a lot better, even the ford sixes of the time were as good if not better

plus it seems 304 inst good enough for the holden driver of it thats why they have to stroke it to 355 lol hopeless if ya ask me

jordo
Its called modifying mate. Its the same as people turning up the boost on an xr6t. Btw the 304 was much, much much better than the s1 & s2 3800 6's
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #41
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordsnissannx

jordo
Um yeah...

As for Holden drivers stroking it to 355ci like f1tzy said it's called "modifying".

Can't be too bad when so many people still mod them.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #42
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Um yeah...

As for Holden drivers stroking it to 355ci like f1tzy said it's called "modifying".

Can't be too bad when so many people still mod them.
Yeh but some people are still modding 186s and 250s.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post