Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Re: Domestic violence

When you look back at history, men aren't supposed to get emotional or show their feelings...unfortunately, it's been bred into males still that they shouldn't tell anyone how they feel as that somehow makes them a 'sissy'...and it's bull****

Fortunately, we have an eclectic group of people mature enough to understand that they're allowed to have feelings and emotions, and from the comments above, it's very clear to see that whilst this might be a car forum, it's also a place for people to discuss other things, and in some cases the anonymity of the net allows them to say what they need to say, and get things off their chest.

Thanks for sharing those links 84xespac, I was very nearly reduced to tears (I know, again). It's nice to know there's people out there looking out for the dad's.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #32
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When you look back at history, men aren't supposed to get emotional or show their feelings...unfortunately, it's been bred into males still that they shouldn't tell anyone how they feel as that somehow makes them a 'sissy'...and it's bull****
Couldnt agree with you more Sezz...

Many yrs ago (musta been prior to 2000) the son of a freind of the family had taken his own life just 4months after his wife left him and took their 3kids away. She had told him he wouldnt see them ever again (as she left town basically overnight).

I never asked the full story, but I had met him a few times and he did seem normal in every sence a caring dad.

This sort of thing seems to occur a lot more these days.
We all need to pay more attension to our mates (yes be caring and sharing if they are having dramas involving their partner/wife, especially if kids involved.

Women usually have a bigger network of shoulders to lean on, while us guys most of the time just seem to suffer in silence?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Seriously this discussion is not for the Ford Forum.. i come here to relax and discuss cars and forget my troubles !!

For those who aren't on my Facebook, Tanya and i used to sing karaoke at Robina Tavern on a wed night where she used to work ..

Well freak me if they arent talking about it all over the bloody news ...its on here as well ?!!
You know you don't have to read it.
I suspect you've got a fair insight to what happens in divorces.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #34
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Sorry to say it, but I think peoples attitudes are entirely to blame for this. For the last few decades, we've all been told marijuana was harmless; that is until they found it directly caused and triggered psychological problems/conditions. That's not a matter of debate either, as all researchers into neurological sciences agree (unlike climate change etc, there's no doubt amongst scientists). What we're seeing now, is an ever increasing epidemic in Bipolar disorders type 1 and 2; with evidence relating many to use of stimulants. The phukwit who threw his daughter off the bridge had a history with cannibus, the bastards who murdered keisha abrahams have had possession charges against them, and this low life scumbag who murdered his daughter most likely played with drugs too, as he fits the age bracket of harm minimisation and softkok judicial decisions.
The galling thing is that these kinds of people who are typically from the lower socio-economic group are ticking time bombs of rage which are just waiting to go off, and instead of being able to decipher problems one at a time indulge in one last fatal, and final decision. That's why suicides have been on the steady increase, and why we're reading many a story about some loser who takes his children with him.
As a society we've allowed ourselves to become too tolerant of behaviour of which we don't know the consequences, only to realise all too late that it was a mistake. When it comes time to rectify it, we've become so afraid of tackling it and just gloss over the problem. This is especially true of our politicians who are only interested in staying in office as opposed to doing the right thing by the people. The cuts to mental health funding have been detrimental to us all, and we're now directly reaping what we've sewn.
For those of you with loved ones who take drugs like the so called harmless "pot", you might want to get them to stop.

This does seem like a rant but frankly, I've seen the affects of this personally and I've heard all of the clinical and coronial evidence of what drugs do; my older sister who smoked it once a week for a year developed bipolar type 2, and when life got too much early last year she threw herself off a cliff. Thank God she didn't have children, because I'm sure she would have taken them with her.

So as for this bloke who killed his daughter, a solemn and hearty rot in hell you son of a *****, hopefully you become one of Osama's 72 virgins.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #35
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Sorry to say it, but I think peoples attitudes are entirely to blame for this. For the last few decades, we've all been told marijuana was harmless; that is until they found it directly caused and triggered psychological problems/conditions. That's not a matter of debate either, as all researchers into neurological sciences agree (unlike climate change etc, there's no doubt amongst scientists). What we're seeing now, is an ever increasing epidemic in Bipolar disorders type 1 and 2; with evidence relating many to use of stimulants. The phukwit who threw his daughter off the bridge had a history with cannibus, the bastards who murdered keisha abrahams have had possession charges against them, and this low life scumbag who murdered his daughter most likely played with drugs too, as he fits the age bracket of harm minimisation and softkok judicial decisions.
The galling thing is that these kinds of people who are typically from the lower socio-economic group are ticking time bombs of rage which are just waiting to go off, and instead of being able to decipher problems one at a time indulge in one last fatal, and final decision. That's why suicides have been on the steady increase, and why we're reading many a story about some loser who takes his children with him.

I agree with dope aspect..1000 %...

But you cannot put people in the ONE bucket...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #36
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
As a society we've allowed ourselves to become too tolerant of behaviour of which we don't know the consequences, only to realise all too late that it was a mistake. When it comes time to rectify it, we've become so afraid of tackling it and just gloss over the problem. This is especially true of our politicians who are only interested in staying in office as opposed to doing the right thing by the people. The cuts to mental health funding have been detrimental to us all, and we're now directly reaping what we've sewn.
For those of you with loved ones who take drugs like the so called harmless "pot", you might want to get them to stop.

This does seem like a rant but frankly, I've seen the affects of this personally and I've heard all of the clinical and coronial evidence of what drugs do; my older sister who smoked it once a week for a year developed bipolar type 2, and when life got too much early last year she threw herself off a cliff. Thank God she didn't have children, because I'm sure she would have taken them with her.

So as for this bloke who killed his daughter, a solemn and hearty rot in hell you son of a *****, hopefully you become one of Osama's 72 virgins.
I agree wholeheartedly with some of your points, particularly with regard to drugs and their impact on a person's mental health. The problem with that is also that those who are let down by a system that is designed to help, are often left feeling so isolated and vulnerable, that even intelligent people start making stupid decisions that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I'm in no way excusing the actions of this man, or any other's that have followed similar suit, but we have a serious problem if this kind of act is the 'last resort' and 'no one saw it coming'. Are we really that caught up with our own lives that we don't notice (or care) that someone is in trouble? And why is a system that's designed to help people, not helping? Father's have just as much right as mother's to be part of their children's lives, it would appear that in the courts of law, father's are often forgotten.

Men can be cut off from their families simply by a case of 'he said, she said' - the law is balanced towards a woman, and it's sad as it's usually the children that suffer from this in the end, or the father who ends up at his whit's end. You only have to step into the 'moments that make you step back' and you can see that for men, the birth of their children is one of those moments that has a big impact on their lives, and then instead of allowing the father's to be part of their children's lives, the mother's decide to think only of themselves and leave a child without a father and a father without a heart. This is not characteristic of all cases, and in some instances the father should not have any contact with their children, simply for the child's wellbeing, but it appears that there are some great dad's out there who don't get to see their children simply because their mother is selfish and takes pleasure in seeing the man hurt...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #37
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
I agree wholeheartedly with some of your points, particularly with regard to drugs and their impact on a person's mental health. The problem with that is also that those who are let down by a system that is designed to help, are often left feeling so isolated and vulnerable, that even intelligent people start making stupid decisions that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I'm in no way excusing the actions of this man, or any other's that have followed similar suit, but we have a serious problem if this kind of act is the 'last resort' and 'no one saw it coming'. Are we really that caught up with our own lives that we don't notice (or care) that someone is in trouble? And why is a system that's designed to help people, not helping? Father's have just as much right as mother's to be part of their children's lives, it would appear that in the courts of law, father's are often forgotten.

Men can be cut off from their families simply by a case of 'he said, she said' - the law is balanced towards a woman, and it's sad as it's usually the children that suffer from this in the end, or the father who ends up at his whit's end. You only have to step into the 'moments that make you step back' and you can see that for men, the birth of their children is one of those moments that has a big impact on their lives, and then instead of allowing the father's to be part of their children's lives, the mother's decide to think only of themselves and leave a child without a father and a father without a heart. This is not characteristic of all cases, and in some instances the father should not have any contact with their children, simply for the child's wellbeing, but it appears that there are some great dad's out there who don't get to see their children simply because their mother is selfish and takes pleasure in seeing the man hurt...
Beautifully written Sez, I tend to blame the system a lot for my own situation but it isn't the system thta is keyly the problem. My ex has a tendency to just full off the face of the earth and I then have to relocate her.

Doing this through the courts takes about 8 weeks and then a further court case to get me access again which can take a further 4-6 months at best. So I hire a PI to find her which only takes days to do and lodge straight through court. Between the court cost, Pi fees and solicitor charges each time she does this costs me around 7-8k. So fair I have spent over 60k with family court proceedings over the last 8 years not including the 12k p\year in child support.

Now I walked away from my kids and the battle around 3 yrs ago as I simply mentally and emotionally couldn't deal with it any longer. Financially my life is completely destroyed due to it and here lies the problem. The finacial costs that a father has to face due to seperation are astronomical. The rate of child support we pay on top of legal fees is enough to force men to tie a rope around a rafter and hang yourself from it, and for those out there reading this saying to themselves they are your kids so you should pay for them have never been in this situation themselves. Yes you should have to pay for your kids but again it isnt black and white and it should be payable in food vouchers or clothing vouchers so the money is spent directly on the kids.

Sorry I know I got a little carried away then but it needs to be said.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #38
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@84XEspac,know exactly what your saying stay strong it will sort itself one day.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #39
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy

I agree with all of your points 100%.
I should add that I wrote that comment after reading about this guy stalking his ex and having explosive behavioural problems.

As for fathers and access to their kids, it's criminal how in 98% of the cases in NSW custody is automatically given to the mother. Many cases highlighted in recent times include a loving father and a substance abusing mother where the mother gets custody. Is that in the best interest of the kids; to grow up in a house where the kids will be nurtured by the father or neglected by the mother when she's drunk/high etc? The courts seem to think so and I will never understand why, save for perversion or laziness of the judiciary.
When I worked as a compo solicitor over 15 years ago we used to tell a joke amongst colleagues; "What's sick, perverted or disgusting in a court of law? What ever gives his honour a chubby". In recent cases such as child abuse where offenders get a 2 year good behaviour bond, I fear this is undoubtedly true.

Quote: