Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #31
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Re: Shoe's on powerlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
the main signal from drug dealers is them letting off fireworks. when they get new supplies they let off fireworks at key locations so customes know there are drugs available. I learned this when working in a rehab
Oh that makes perfect sense. Next street over contains a whole bunch of deadbeats, i occasionally hear random fireworks being let off...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #32
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
the main signal from drug dealers is them letting off fireworks. when they get new supplies they let off fireworks at key locations so customes know there are drugs available. I learned this when working in a rehab
Happens a lot around here too.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #33
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to live in St Kilda. Not the nice part either. In that case the shoes could of stood for drugs (main reason). Could of been the murder thing also as somebody was also killed on my street not too long ago.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #34
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probably kids just being idiots - but feel free to call your energy supplier and get someone sent out to get them down.. nice easy call out for me
Old 13-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #35
FgNewbie
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I did a search on evilbay for Click clacks and what do you know! Someone is reproducing them...

And they have called them click clacks...so someone else remembers them as that too...
I remember "click clacks". I vaguely remember them being in an Easter showbag too.

My wrist was ok, others bits weren't so lucky
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #36
black54

No power lines......
ACT NOW!!!
Go to bunfight or some other hardware and purchase your mobile clothes line and string it up in the front yard??
Secure an el cheapo pair of runners and chuck em up too!!!!
You can then be the envy of all your neighbours who, like us, don't really know why??
black54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #37
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

is it compulsory to remove the idiot from the shoes before they get thrown?
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
black54

That's what choices are all about fargo, i wouldn't have the strength to chuck the idiot up whilst still connected to his shoes! But i get your drift!
black54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #39
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
is it compulsory to remove the idiot from the shoes before they get thrown?

Definately not

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #40
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I've heard the same thing. I kinda assumed it was just kids being kids til a mate of mine went to buy a house a few years ago. They went in, looked over the place and the wife noticed a latch at the back of an 'inbuilt bookcase'. Opened the latch and the back swung open to reveal a small room with tonnes of powerpoints lining to black painted walls.

After they walked outside they noticed a pair of shoes out front on the power lines.

Im pretty sure the majority of shoes up there doesn't indicate anything, but Im pretty sure some do going by my friends experience.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #41
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
OMO packet in window or on front stairs....
OMO brought in, FAB's out now.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #42
MAV50L
Banned

So many tales about it all.
Working on the lines I havent been able to 100% confirm or deny any of them.
Got a callout one rather warm evening to a well known housing commission area in Sydney as kids had thrown a dog chain over the lines and knocked out half the suburb.
Well it was dole night so all the local natives were very well lubricated and they come out in a swarm abusing us for the power being out.
My mate was up in the bucket checking the lines for further damage when the tribes spokeman come over to tell me they wanted their power back on and wanted it done now.
My reply was "Talk to the lovely neighbourhood children who threw this dog chain up there" while showing him the remains of the chain.
He mouthed off at me and said "yeah well the chains off , whats your mate doing up there
getting a bit more overtime?"
I couldnt be bothered explaining to him about checking for burnt through conductors etc as he was somewhat blind and abusive so I just replied with "No he is not stuffing around up there sir , we just have not been able to locate the dog that the chain belongs to so he is checking the lines to make sure its not stuck up there".
Well being the spokemans for the tribe he went back to give them the news. He told them word for word we were trying to locate the dog up on the lines! Was so hard not to crack up laughing in front of them. That has become an epic tale that all new employees get told now when they start!
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #43
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shoe's in powerlines around my town are a good indicator of drugs being available.

I have had to remove many a pair from the 'lines.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #44
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i remember that, omo = old mans out, fab = fat a'holes back
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #45
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Ah just put a couple of wrap-ons, on and your done...
Funy thing is when it [power] does go back on you don't hear from anyone!!!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #46
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
What do you mean?
Old 13-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #47
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

If shoes on powerlines means a drug dealers area, why aren't the local constabulary onto it?

I know they're thick, but not that thick surely.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 13-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #48
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
If shoes on powerlines means a drug dealers area, why aren't the local constabulary onto it?

I know they're thick, but not that thick surely.
They can't just kick the door down and say there were shoes on your powerlines you're under arrest tor drug dealing. most dealers are clever enough to hide their stash well so they need to send undercovers in a number of times over an extended period to get a charge of "ongoing supply" or gather enough evidence to get a warrant. selling one deal is only a minor offence where "ongoing supply" is treated the same as if they were caught with a big stash
If they went up to the magistrate and said we want a warrant because he has shoes hanging on his powerlines they would be laughed out of court. It's far more complex than most people think to get a solid conviction

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #49
MAV50L
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240

Yeah if its not too bad a couple of preforms cut down works sweet. If not well its time to sleeve it.
Yeah when its all back on no one cares and they all just dissapear.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #50
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
They can't just kick the door down and say there were shoes on your powerlines you're under arrest tor drug dealing. most dealers are clever enough to hide their stash well so they need to send undercovers in a number of times over an extended period to get a charge of "ongoing supply" or gather enough evidence to get a warrant. selling one deal is only a minor offence where "ongoing supply" is treated the same as if they were caught with a big stash
If they went up to the magistrate and said we want a warrant because he has shoes hanging on his powerlines they would be laughed out of court. It's far more complex than most people think to get a solid conviction

The area I moved from had a dope grower a few doors down. No shoes on the power lines identifying them. It took the coppers 6 months to nab them, from when I first suspected they were selling. You know, cars pulling up and taking off within 5 minutes. Visitors at midnight and taking off within 5 minutes. etc etc..

So if we went with the general consensus of this thread, it shouldn't take too long for a detective to gather the relevant evidence to get that warrant and ping them. Just use the shoe theory to start with and take it from there.

Old 13-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #51
homegrown
hotshot

Quote:
The area I moved from had a dope grower a few doors down. No shoes on the power lines identifying them. It took the coppers 6 months to nab them, from when I first suspected they were selling. You know, cars pulling up and taking off within 5 minutes. Visitors at midnight and taking off within 5 minutes. etc etc..

So if we went with the general consensus of this thread, it shouldn't take too long for a detective to gather the relevant evidence to get that warrant and ping them. Just use the shoe theory to start with and take it from there.
Havnt read the whole thread but shoes are a myth I think.
My neighbour had the usual 2 minute car trips through the night. Different cars every day. Went on for about 6 months, next thing Star Force raid there house. Game over
Old 14-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #52
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Yes but how many detectives do you think there are? Also if they spend time getting evidence for a warrant. Then turns out they 1. don't find anything or 2. was not a drug dealers place , they have wasted not only time but money.

Police are not clueless they know that shoes over lines can indicate drug dealers but it is simply not logical or worthwhile attempting to investigate further as they are everywhere.
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #53
Ptbl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My theory is dealer on the block just from what I've seen and different stories we've all been told.. Certain areas are well known forit

The XR Build That I Shouldn't Of Sold
DAMN!

Current Daily: 2007 crown majesta 186
weekeder: 91 soarer
project: 2005 Bmw e46 coupe 1jz
bf mk2 xr6 ute magnet
Ptbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #54
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
What do you mean?

He's talking about how we fix the conductors after we remove the shoes if there is any damage. Usually using a pre-formed splice which goes over the damaged bit of the wire strengthening it.

Around Moree, shoe's generally mean that drugs are available in the area, not necessarily at the house they out the front of.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #55
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The fact is they could barge in straight away and make an arrest but it won't stick. it takes time to build a solid case that will stand up in court with a good barrister defending. I used to work in Drug and alcohol treatment and learned a lot about the legal ploys used, believe me these guys cover themselves well.
I knew of a dealer it took nearly 5 years to get him as he had all his family doing the dirty work. They got one and locked them up another popped up. He basically only handled the big buys so it was difficult for them to get him they had to get an undercover to work on him for years to nail him. 6 months is not unusual when it comes to building a solid case and no it’s not time spent eating doughnuts

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #56
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
He's talking about how we fix the conductors after we remove the shoes if there is any damage. Usually using a pre-formed splice which goes over the damaged bit of the wire strengthening it.
Thanks, wasn't what I meant but interesting nonetheless. What I was referring to was "Funy thing is when it [power] does go back on you don't hear from anyone".
Old 14-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #57
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was about 15, there was this person me and my friends did not like from school. So we got some old shoe's and threw them out the front of this persons house over the wires. We started telling people they sold dope out of this house. It was funny seeing people rock up at knock on his door asking for drugs.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #58
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
What do you mean?
It's like a coil which you wrap over mains to hold them from fraying and keeps
their strength..
Preforms are much the except they are used for termination or where an open point is required between subs...
Attached Images
File Type: png table-004.png (75.5 KB, 55 views)
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4

Last edited by ebxr8240; 14-06-2011 at 02:55 PM.
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #59
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

They definitely don't mean there is a drug dealer nearby otherwise they'd be on every street in my area
Just kids being kids.

How are the shoes going to help if there is a drug dealer nearby? Go knocking door to door?

I'd wager a guess that if you really wanted to you could get drugs no matter what area you are in.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #60
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Who comes up with this…Some guy high as kite.

Guy’s, I’m going to throw these shoes on those power lines, so people know I sell drugs.

Kinda makes you wonder about the brain capacity of these people…like a party I went to a while ago and ol mate was showing everyone various electrical items that people had given him for their drug debts. In plain view of the party. Needless to say I got out of there lickity split…memorised the address though, because well, ya never know.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post