Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #31
jrfttf
Getting By!?

Default Re: No Spare

LW Focus a mini spare can be optioned into the car, other than that enjoy the tyre slime kit!
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #32
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cars might come without spares, but they do come with free roadside assistance, which is probably what most people do nowadays.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #33
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Cars might come without spares, but they do come with free roadside assistance, which is probably what most people do nowadays.
I can tell you that this is exactly what most people do.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #34
not happy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76
Only ones built in Aus according to my dealer and the welcome letters we get (Falcons mention the roadside, others just mention to option of getting it). I got pretty confused about this when I got my Fiesta, and wasn't happy when I realised I'd have to renew the NRMA membership for 12 months (after that I will get the roadside under the servicing options).

On the topic of the Fiestas, I think the main reason why they took it out of the WTs was "market research"- ie cheaper cost and more boot space preferred over the full sized spare. Pretty happy I snagged a WSanyway- even though it's still a 14" steelie space saver. Much prefer that over the $300 option yellow bicycle tyre in the WTs!!!
------
I got the same hint from Ford Sales about the ex's new Focus.Join the NRMA until after the 1st service,still going to get her 2 buy a spare,they put the well in for the spare just they don't want to fill it.She reckons the car got no guts but it only a week old and auto so I hope the performance improves-I haven't driven it yet so I don't know if it running properly or not
not happy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
R/side = Roadside

Roadside is R/H side. Kerbside is L/H side. And L/H side is the best way to have a directional spare, which is what I said and explained why I said it.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #36
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

NOOOOOO

Roadside Assistance!!!!!!!!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post