Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

Why are you all getting so worked up about a badge? They're obviously doing to do more than just change the badge, so why are people presuming that the badge is all they're changing? Wait till the BF FPVs have been unveiled before you start criticising them. The badge unveiling is just a promotional thing to show the BF is coming. In my opinion it is a good idea, using Bathurst to advertise the BF and create interest in the new car. Also, just because the badge is the same colour as that of the XW/XY era GTs, doesn't mean they are just slapping an XW GT badge on the BF. It just brings back memories of the old cars, not completely recreates them. With a history like the Falcon GT, why wouldn't they use this to promote the new car? Some people just need to grow up and get a life

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #32
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they really want to revive the XY -XW legacy they should do a GT with wheels similar the the Falcon 12 slotters a shaker and the original GT stripes up the side with Boss GT and the super roo sticker like the old GTs.

But I dont see that happening.

Cant revive a classic in plastic now can you?

Its like Holden with the new Torana no matter what they do they'll never revive the true heritage of the original Torana.

Man all this talk about old Holdens and Fords makes me want to buy one.

Last edited by Ryan; 04-10-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #33
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
You have? Where? We don't know what performance improvements are on offer yet!
Yeh we do, they have new badges..

I saying while Fords models seem to progress, develop and be refined. FPV does not. Hence Fords regular models are catching (except the XR8 which has proberly deliberately been left alone as to not completely step on the GT/GTP toes. But then again now the SOHC V8 and the XR6T are even closer on its feet now.)

FPV seems to think they have faultless and impecable cars... no/few improvement required, just shuffle the badges around..
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Spot on.Holden have never had a Heritage like the GT and they never will even with the XB GT bonnet styled Monaro.It's good to see FPV educating the next generation of buyers that there heritage is just as important as any fudged up power figure.
Good point.

I think we tend to forget most people on here are fanatics and represent a small minority of customers (well probably most aren't even owners).
There are allot of FPV owners in GT clubs all over the country who are more than happy with the BAGT and live and die heritage, these are the people with the folding to put their money where their mouths are.....
The vast majority of GT owners appear to be more than happy with the product and from talking to quite a few of them appear to like the new concepts they're hearing..
Most seem to feel the cars have more than enough out right performance to keep them happy and most feel their own driving ability's are the limiting factor, not the cars themselves..
Let FPV do their thing and release the BF and lets wait and see what we get.

Old 04-10-2005, 04:39 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Good point.

I think we tend to forget most people on here are fanatics and represent a small minority of customers (well probably most aren't even owners).
There are allot of FPV owners in GT clubs all over the country who are more than happy with the BAGT and live and die heritage, these are the people with the folding to put their money where their mouths are.....
The vast majority of GT owners appear to be more than happy with the product and from talking to quite a few of them appear to like the new concepts they're hearing..
Most seem to feel the cars have more than enough out right performance to keep them happy and most feel their own driving ability's are the limiting factor, not the cars themselves..
Let FPV do their thing and release the BF and lets wait and see what we get.
'DITTO' well said
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #36
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the badge is nice
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #37
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

A new badge as a "key element" of the new model? Well that is just fantastic and money very very well spent!

The timeless, heritage-rich overtones of this exciting new logo are sure to inspire a new generation of fans, as well as providing a succulent taste of the glorious days of old for the more mature. It clearly communicates the spirit of the thoroughbred racing tradition of this muscle machine, the spirit of victory, the spirit of winning. It truly is a definitive bridge between past and present!

</sarcasm>
Old 05-10-2005, 10:54 AM   #38
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
A new badge as a "key element" of the new model? Well that is just fantastic and money very very well spent!

The timeless, heritage-rich overtones of this exciting new logo are sure to inspire a new generation of fans, as well as providing a succulent taste of the glorious days of old for the more mature. It clearly communicates the spirit of the thoroughbred racing tradition of this muscle machine, the spirit of victory, the spirit of winning. It truly is a definitive bridge between past and present!

</sarcasm>
What's this, Sparkie and I agree on something... that's a first.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

</sarcasm>
Read the original post again, im not sure how you've managed to turn "small" into "key".......

"The new GT badge is just a small element in the myriad of upgrades we have made with the new BF range...... ".

This press release is just a teaser _ , why give the game away before the official release?
Again wouldn't it be wise to just wait and see what they actually release before we assassinate them?

Last edited by 4Vman; 05-10-2005 at 11:10 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #40
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
What's this, Sparkie and I agree on something... that's a first.
Good Lord, you are right! Surely this is yet another sign of the End Of Times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VMAN
Read the original post again, im not sure how you've managed to turn "small" into "key".......
Well I actually got it from the link itself, and I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV site
Ford Performance Racing will provide a sneak peek at a key element of the new Ford Performance Vehicles BF GT at Mount Panorama, Bathurst, this weekend.
Looking forward to indeed seeing what is offered next Thursday night at the SMS! :
Old 05-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #41
HSE2

Rotflmao
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #42
stalkie
Lightning From Down under

Gee just how fast do some of you people want to go I would be very happy and proud to own a new BF GT
stalkie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #43
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:

</sarcasm>
Careful, FPV might actually use that in advertising :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post