Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #31
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
lol Ford Knox couldn't work out what was wrong with my old XF Fairmont Ghia and suggested a path to possibly fix it (would have cost $$$$$), my mate who works for GMH yes you heard me, GMH, took one look and told me what was wrong and fixed it for me for a fraction Ford would have if the could find this problem which to a mechanic was really (it turned out) simple. Was Ford Knox trying to rip me off with extra work...I suspect so. Sorry but I don't trust them!
How ironic, a Holden mechanic fixing a Ford that Knox Ford couldn't!
Well, not the FORD dealers problem then is it? sounds more like the Mechanics don't know much, not the dealership?
Quote:
As for margins in OE parts ? Come on don't give these guys fairy tales, I know being in the game some of the margins are huge ! some are thin.
Not to start an argument but how long have YOU been selling parts? The Margins are RUBBISH believe me for MOST of the stuff. After Market is where the Profit is at, they have sometimes 400% profit margins. If you are selling to the trade the discount cuts into your profits and how do you think people are paid wages? from the Good Fairy? (please take no offence)
Quote:
Grease marks ? 2 times with my Ford dealer my car has been presented to me with grease marks left on the gaurds and the drivers door ! I couldn't believe the the service advisor didn't cover his tracks after the 1st time !
I understand that and I am sure it happens in FORD dealers as well. I speak from experience and that is almost 40 years in this business.
My main aim was to clear up this thing about bashing FORD dealers. I have seen some dummies in the game but I have also seen the MANY dedicated Mechs and Parts people who do their best to help. I agree with XR6's comments too, a few good stories would be as nice. Don't forget we have a few FORD dealers as sponsors?
Quote:
I'de be glad to hear some 'good' comments from people who have had a service there / which Ford Service Centre in what area etc etc ( as they seem to differ alot ! ) , i love their cars - so it would be nice to be able to say something good aout their services too for once !
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #32
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf

Not to start an argument but how long have YOU been selling parts? The Margins are RUBBISH believe me for MOST of the stuff. After Market is where the Profit is at, they have sometimes 400% profit margins. If you are selling to the trade the discount cuts into your profits and how do you think people are paid wages? from the Good Fairy? (please take no offence)

I understand that and I am sure it happens in FORD dealers as well. I speak from experience and that is almost 40 years in this business.
My main aim was to clear up this thing about bashing FORD dealers. I have seen some dummies in the game but I have also seen the MANY dedicated Mechs and Parts people who do their best to help. I agree with XR6's comments too, a few good stories would be as nice. Don't forget we have a few FORD dealers as sponsors?
Ditto about no argument's,we are after all on the same team :
I suppose I'm a baby being 31yrs in the game :

Come on Papa if Aftermarket had 400% profit margins how come is the market shrinking ? Independant's are going broke, only the groups are surviving and their is only 1 National wholesaler whereas there used to be 5 not long ago.

Anyway you're right there are many GOOD stories from Ford dealerships as you stated from the good committed staff which in many cases they seem to leave the game sadly.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #33
minheim

Like all shops there are no doubt good and bad dealers and sometimes good or bad days. I've used Etheridge Ford at Ringwood for the last 6 years and always found them to be spot on. Indeed I switched to them three months after buying my new Falcon; I had a very bad warranty/manner issue with the city based Ford dealer that sold the car new to me. I rang up and complained to FORD and told them I wanted Etheridge because they serviced my previous car and were gentleman (then and now).

Even now with the car out of factory extended warranty I still go there and travel from Preston to Ringwood. Why? Well I could save a few dollars and time but really the thing is reliable anyway ( no doubt because they do a good job too) and servicing is well spaced anyway. But I know they don't rip me off and will listen to any concerns and explain issues. Also if something concerns me they are more than happy to take a look. They also used to operate a night shift which was real handy and Noel the manager then was always prepared to fit in a quick look at a problem. Service, technology and manners are what I look for in a repairer.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #34
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Daniel,

Have a good look at the receipt, and ring other Ford dealers in your area. Ask them for the cost of the same servicing.

If they are heaps cheaper, and I bet they jolly well will be, ring the dealer that ripped you, and ask for the manager because you want to make a complaint. Do so and demand the price difference.

If they don't give you money back, ring Fords complaints/ Customer service dept at Campbelfield to make an official complaint.

$1000 for a standard service is an utter disgrace, you shouldn't stand for it, and I reckon you will get some money back. If they don't want a bar of you, tell them you're going to consumer affairs, they're great with help on this stuff.

You could also ring Today Tonight, they love this stuff, and you may get even more back than you thought!

(KUP) Keep us posted!

Also, don't be disheartened by the strength of the response from the guys, we've all been ripped before and I suppose that's why we react so strongly when others get ripped. You are not the first, you will not be the last!

Do some pricing research, stand your ground, I reckon you'll get some money back.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #35
fipcee
not so stock

I have just had my car serviced by Torque Ford Recliffe, a 70 km round trip from where I live, and for the first time in years I have to say that I walked away with a smile on the dial. I wwas charged $145.00 for an extended warranty service, which i am happy to pay, but more importantly got to meet a new service person who seems very legit to me. At a service 6 months previous I paid to get my auto transmission flush done. At this service I am informed that my transmission fluid is very dirty and really needs a flush/service/change whatever ASAP. Now I obviously mentioned that it was "supposedly" done, and paid for, at my last service. Without hesitation, iand within 20 minutes, i get my car back with the flush done..for nothing.
Now i know there will be people saying "well so they should do it for nothing" but I am simply stating this " I too have been royally scr**ed by dealers before, even this franchise though not this particular location, however there are dealers out there that at the very least are fair and reasonable."
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
fipcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #36
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

fipcee, keep that relationship with the service guy going.

I hope it continues to work for you, but almost all of us here have been badly stung for Ford, or a mechanic that was dodgy.

I reckon that's a good title for a thread.

"Service Horror Stories and Ripoffs!"

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #37
sednwol

Quote:
If they don't give you money back, ring Fords complaints/ Customer service dept at Campbelfield to make an official complaint.
Very good advise! I believe if you take the action suggested by GK, you will get some of your hard earned refunded!

Perhaps we could begin a thread where we recommend the dealers who do right by us?
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #38
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU
Wasnt that Gilesie ?
Yes it was :

I also do not have any kind words for Freeway Ford.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #39
Rosscoe
AU/BA

Try City Ford in Melbourne if you want to get stung.
Charged me $80 yes.. $80 for radiator coolant!!!
I went back and queried it, as I thought they had made a mistake, no that is correct I was told, I said to the guy "what is it liquid gold or something", just laughs he does, and says it not the same as the stuff you buy at Kmart etc you know, which is just water with food dye in it, ours is the one Ford recommends!!
Well my regular mechanic doesn't use Kmart stuff and he only charges me about $20!!
Haven't been back to City Ford since, and never will.
Cheers Rosscoe
Rosscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #40
jones_aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU
Gday , Got My Mums Car Serviced today , Cost $1000 ,

Fair Enough , but the Stuff they also want us to fix are as follows ,

FRONT AND REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS - $945.00
REQUIRES TYRE ROTATION AND BALANCING - $38.90
BRAKE FLUID NEEDS REPLACING - $95.00
ENGINE COOLANT NEEDS REPLACING - $175.00
RECOMMEND FUEL INJECTION SERVICING - $160.00
POWER STEERING OIL REPLACEMENT - $165.00
AUTO TRANS REQUIRES SERVICE - $175.00

Other Weird Price we paid were :

$75 FOR 1 POWER STEERING HOSE
$180 FOR LEADS AND PLUGS AND ANOTHER $188.80 TO FIT THEM

Hmm , this was on the AU2 Fairmont , So Would My AU2 SR be worth $1000 , or should i take it somewhere else !

Cheers
Daniel
i got my radiator flushed and refilled for $50 on my old eb, i tohught that a bit considering they just pull a plug off and run a water hose through it
jones_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post