Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
sednwol

Good, I was a little dissapointed with FTG they were clueless re my XF problem. Perhaps Iam being a little harsh as most of the mechanics had probably never done much on an XF Fairmont Ghia.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
camerooch

Steve is a mechanic by trade and knows his Fords.
Couldn't recommend him enough.
Give him a buzz or just call in for a chat.
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
camerooch

PM me if you like...
camerooch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #34
sednwol

I don't need anything at present but I'll remember his name and the Bayswater service centre.
Old 26-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #35
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I feel you have been too harsh here Papa Smurf. I read the complaint about Thompson Ford on the other thread and all Merkus did was outline that $1000 for a service was way too dear and state that the same service with another company would have saved him $600! What the heck is wrong with that?

If I get this straight, in this post you are having a go at people who aren't "REAL." Merjus is a real person.

Or is it people who only say "BAD" things about Ford service, especially were you work. You're in for a nasty shock because most people on this forum don't seem to trust Ford with servicing their vehicle and in fact prefer to do it themselves.

Or is it people who imagine trouble with Ford service, or who think they charge too much, or those who have had trouble that isn't real but in fact "SUPPOSED!" I doubt these experiences are imagined!

Or is it people who deserve dodgy service because somehow "THEY" were at fault? No one deserves bad service, from any dealer.

Please!

GK
Obviously you didn't read it properly then? I said that the letters of Commendation were written by REAL people. What I meant by that is that these letters were NOT invented.

I nevber made any allegations about Specific People. All I said on that OTHER thread is that it seems to be a lot of P*ssing and Moaning and NOTHING constructive? I will say the SAME here. A dealership (Sydney) is a rather large place and more things go wrong there than some little workshop somewhere. People need to COMPLAIN in writing if they believe the service is bad ?? The higher up it goes the better the response.

And mate, for YOUR information I don't believe people deserve BAD service at all but Maybe, you should try the other side of the fence for ONCE and than you can comment?

So, Spare me the Histrionics ok?
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #36
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I think that sometimes we hear only BAD things because some people like to point out troubles they SUPPOSEDLY had because they were a major part of their OWN problems?
I am interested in a dialogue here Papa Smurf.

What did you mean by this comment? Perhaps I read it wrong, please unpack it for me some more!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #37
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I don't wanna even involve myself in this one !, but ...C'mon guys , can we stick to the topic here ! --->" Good ford sevices " ...plz ... keep that other stuff for pm's . ty .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #38
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
So, Spare me the Histrionics ok?
Give me a break here Papa Smurf. "Histrionics" I had to look it up before I had any idea of what you were saying! LOL!

Histrionics:
Of actors or acting, hypocritical, theatrical art, insincere actions done merely to impress others.

Ok now I know what the heck it means, YES I was being theatrical. Perhaps a little over the top too, but your comment did appear to insinuate that some people make their own trouble and deserve bad service.

You have reacted strongly to that assertion, ok so what did you really mean by it. I posted this question a second ago, but I was too busy looking up Histrionics so I could be theatrical in this post to impress others! LOL!

GK

P.S
QUOTE=Papa Smurf]I have added my opinion here and on the other thread and have been lambasted by people who have little idea of what is going on inside a dealership. All I have said basically each time is COMPLAIN in writing and NOT just post angst ridden stories here about being ripped off? NOTHING will get better if NO ONE complains? [/QUOTE]

A few points.
In fairness to you Papa Smurf, I don't have any idea what goes on in dealerships, and yours has had some positive and negative feedback on this forum, mostly positive. Your mob may be ok in dealing with complaints, as you say yours is. If that's the case, then that's great.

I suspect though, that many people do complain, perhaps not in writing as you suggest, but certainly from what we hear around this forum, not all dealerships appear as reasonable as your place of employment to take critique seriously.

I take your point, that not to complain only allows bad service. But please understand that many angst ridden stories are written here by people who love Fords, and who have probably tried to get their case heard to no avail.

Thanks for your input! I agree it's hard to appreciate your view, because you are on the other side of the fence!

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #39
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
I don't wanna even involve myself in this one !, but ...C'mon guys , can we stick to the topic here ! --->" Good ford sevices " ...plz ... keep that other stuff for pm's . ty .
I had posted twice before I even read your post! LOL!

I think it's relevant though, because Papa Smurf is someone who actually works for Ford, and his opinion is of use in this discussion.

But, to add something here that may shock you all, I have found Terry Sellman in the spares department of Harrison Ford in Melton to be a good bloke, eager to help and has knocked a few bucks off here and there!

So there you go! LOL!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 26-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #40
Rosscoe
AU/BA

Autocare, I have been to Strapp in Doncaster recently for two separate warranty issues with my 04 BA. All the problems were fixed no questions asked and the car was ready they said it would be.
Cheers Rosscoe
Rosscoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #41
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosscoe
Autocare, I have been to Strapp in Doncaster recently for two separate warranty issues with my 04 BA. All the problems were fixed no questions asked and the car was ready they said it would be.
Cheers Rosscoe
I've heard more than once, from guys here and from mates outside the forum that Ford have been good with warranty work on the BA. Good news!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 28-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #42
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

ive only ever dealed with ford since getting my XR and i havnt had a drama since although its only been 12 mths.
Blacklocks Ford Lavington/Wodonga
Old 29-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #43
sednwol

: Any more recommendations guys?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #44
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
As HLC has said. Brad Garlick at Top Ryde. Great service. Good people. and a club sponsor.
Yes, I also had a good experience with these people. Driving the Fairmont about a year ago, something started "beeping", but I couldn't find the source. A double beep about every 30 seconds.

I fiddled with the overspeed warning - nup, not that. I fiddled with all the other settings on the computer -and I coudn't stop this annoying BEEP BEEP.

After an hour of this, I was going insane.

I was driving through Ryde at the time, so in desperation I pulled into Brad Garlick's.

The service manager came out to the car, heard the noise, and said "I have NEVER heard that sound in a Falcon before..."

He spent about 15 minutes with me, trying to find the source of this noise. He got under the dash, under the bonnet, nothing.

Then he sat in the driver's seet and contemplated it all. About 15 seconds later there it was again - BEEP BEEP.

Then he opened my centre console and calmly removed my dictaphone, which had got to the end of the tape and was beeping to let me know about it.......

And they didn't charge me cent!!!
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #45
Autocade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosscoe
Cheers Rosscoe
Rosscoe
Just had some extended warranty issues rectified by Strapp Doncaster.It took a few days but a good result in the end.
Cheers Autocade
Autocade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #46
richardxr8

Yep - Brad Garlick at Top Ryde again. Had the wifes Escape in for service, and got the phone call about front pads worn and rotors undrsize.. when asked if there any alternatives, was told they "could install aftermarket pads and rotors for X$, but would prefer to fit OEM parts at XX$"
Good of them to offer alternatives, state the pro's and cons, and mention the prices for each scenario. All without the real salesperson talk.
BG was actually best when they had FTE........Lucky some of the FTE guys are still there...
richardxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post