Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #31
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

it was late at night and if i got a red light and he approached me i wouldnt be sticking around for him to get close!there is one set of lights that i had to go through and 9 times of of 10 you get a green.
Old 25-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #32
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
it was late at night and if i got a red light and he approached me i wouldnt be sticking around for him to get close!there is one set of lights that i had to go through and 9 times of of 10 you get a green.
so what you're saying is you woudln't do it if you couldn't get away?
if you're not prepared to defend yourself in the worst case senario then i have NO IDEA WTF YOU WERE THINKING.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #33
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
I dont think your size has anything to do with it. A big 4wd with a bullbar owns a falcon everytime.
maybe in a crash derby but im pretty sure my car would have the grunt to get away from him if need be!
Old 25-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #34
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
maybe in a crash derby but im pretty sure my car would have the grunt to get away from him if need be!
in which case your pushing the limits of your car and run the risk of crashing, again, worth it?
Old 25-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #35
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
so what you're saying is you woudln't do it if you couldn't get away?
if you're not prepared to defend yourself in the worst case senario then i have NO IDEA WTF YOU WERE THINKING.
what im saying is that if this guy got of the car and he was like a 100kg built like an ox bloke, i dont think i'll stick around!!

this thread is getting out of hand! i was just simply posting the incedent, not to be bashed around!
Old 25-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #36
EFFalcon
Last warning

you're posting the incident and saying you'd do it again. we just thinking you're stupid
Old 25-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #37
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

the things i will do again is not move over for tailgaters, if they overtake me in town on the wrong side of the road after tailgating me i will toot them.

i wont chase after d!cks like that again and i wont give em a last flash and toot!
Old 25-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #38
BlackLS

One of these on the back shelf would have been useful

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1147

Imagine what you could write.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #39
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Picture the above scenario with the 2 main reasons I regard tailgating as one of the most dangerous acts on the road:

What if you had to stop because there was nowhere to swerve and speeding up was not an option and without a tailgater, you come to a complete stop. With someone tailgating you, you come a complete stop or significantly decrease your speed, the vehicle behind you then ploughs into you, pushing your vehicle into oncoming traffic.

What if you had the same scenario passengers in the back seat. Without the tailgater, you just stop. With someone tailgating, the vehicle behind ploughs into you, injuring or killing the occupants in the rear seat. What if these occupants were children, or infant?
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #40
Spak

I usually just grab 3rd and take the foot off the juice. No need for brake tapping, and they have no choice but to slow down, or rear-end ya. :the_finge
Spak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #41
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
One of these on the back shelf would have been useful

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1147

Imagine what you could write.
I've been dreanimg of that for years!
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #42
Lumpen Proletariat

Not in favour of the whole flashing lights, beep horn, speed up kind of caper but I will braketest anybody who tailgates me. ANYBODY. Anything from a mightyboy to a B Double. I refused to be bullied in person, so why should I let people do it to me on the road, where consequences can be far worse?

We can all sit here on a forum and say "Well I dont tailgate like that and you're stupid to react like that" but other people do tailgate in such a manner. I have enough of a time mainting a safe gap (at least 4 second excluding overtaking zones) in front of me, while checking my peripheral's, gauges etc without having to worry about a solid titanium bullbar 2" off the back of my exhaust driven by someone with little road sense in a 2.5 tonne car with drum brakes the size of shoe polish tins.

Tailgating is a very dangerous activity, what may be considered safe in city traffic at 40kmh (and the amount of nose to tail incidents prooves it isn't) is no where near enough room out here where anything from a roo to a cane truck can come onto the road and cause you to brake hard. Whats worse are people who tailgate you because you're keeping a safe gap from the car in front thats well under the limit.

As a disclaimer, I always brake check with my foot on the accellerator and keep my speed, there's just a big flash of brake light however, the third time I change down gears and smack the brakes on and then accelerate away quickly. If they still dont take the hint, I slow down to 60 irregardless of whether they can pass or nopt. Though the last two actions apply only with 'cars' though, not Semi's.

My 2c.

Cheers,
Brendan

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #43
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Wow i left here for a little while do actually knuckle down and do some work and the bashing has continued...

PEOPLE Braden admitted his wrongdoing. Leave it be now. He is obviously smart enough to realise that some things he did were stupid.

BUT he shouldnt be classed in the same category as the other dangerous nut case who now drives with further confirmation he owns the road and people will do what he wants if he acts dangerously enough.

I do not think that it would have been the 'right' or 'most correct' or 'courteous' thing to pull over.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #44
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Exactly right.

Have you had your speedo calibrated BradensEBXR6? There's every chance yours reads fast, the 4wd one reads slow, and the 4WD owner thought you were doing 10kmh below the limit. Besides, you aren't an appointed cop or speed reduction device, what gives you any right to determine how fast people drive on the road? Fair enough he shouldn't have been tailgating, but if he wasn't, how would you know he wanted to get past?
bah...mr debunker

4wd bullies can take a long hard look at the selves

i was in the fast lane doing 115 tdoay and this 4wd dual cab hilux from about a mile away came screaming along so i moved and he flew by me by a considorable speed

if someones wants to get past they can get close and give the impression they want you to move,,,,if someone flys straight up my bum and sits there i think get stuffed buddy...wheres the manners
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #45
EFFalcon
Last warning

what manners?
how can you tell someone wants to get past?
i'm fairly sure sitting on their **** is a fairly good indication, its not like they can pollitely ask.
Old 25-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChick
I do not think that it would have been the 'right' or 'most correct' or 'courteous' thing to pull over.
True, but it would have been a lot safer than getting chased by a ****ed off person in a 4WD. You can't argue who's right and wrong when you're dead, it's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
i was in the fast lane doing 115 tdoay and this 4wd dual cab hilux from about a mile away came screaming along so i moved and he flew by me by a considorable speed
And? How hard was it to move out of the way? Did you get as annoyed putting your indicator on as you would have been if you sat in the same lane and had him tailgate you for 10 minutes?

If you're so concerned for everyone elses driving habits, ring the police and report it. They WILL follow it up.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #47
Spak

Quote:

if someones wants to get past they can get close and give the impression they want you to move,,,,if someone flys straight up my bum and sits there i think get stuffed buddy...wheres the manners
I can't say for certain everywhere in else in the country, but I believe it's against the law in the eastern states to drive in the right-hand lane of a dual lane road with a speed limit greater than 80kph, unless you're over-taking... I'm guessing that's the reason for "Keep left unless overtaking" signs :eclipsee_
Old 25-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #48
gozza

well its very rude to bail right up someones bum so far you can see there hair nostrils.

if i want them to move out of the way i'll get close to them but not tail gate....hence giving the impression that i want too pass...apart from the fact tail gaiting is illegal it dangerous and mildy obnoxious...you can give the impression you wish for them to move without scraping paint

its a motorway spak..check the facts before you try and school me...speed limit 100kph.....
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #49
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i hate the tailgaters too. i also pull the tap of the brake trick and i works most of the time. the attitude of some drivers however is appauling when it come to highway driving. your lucky not to have been in a serious accident thanks to that loser and you may have provoked him a little but i feel horn and flashin ur beams at him is justified. just too bad he was a bad/short tempered *****...

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #50
bd737

I agree with braden here, I had a ***** in a gigantic truck tailgating me on Albany highway here in Perth...

I was 5km/h over the limit, in the right lane, since I had to turn off about 1500m ahead, and this mongrel in a giant truck cab thing comes flying up, and after tailgating for not even 10 seconds, starts beeping and flashing his lights at me, and eventually overtakes me, looks like he's doing about 90km/h in a 70 zone, revving his truck to death, and gives me a bit of abuse through the window for not shifting to the left lane, I gave him a bit of **** back, and was satisfied to see him get caught in a set of lights a couple hundred meters ahead of my turnoff...

drivers of trucks and 4WDs tend to think they're invincible in their roll-over prone crumple-zone-less gas-guzzlers
Old 25-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #51
dj181

drivers of trucks and 4WDs tend to think they're invincible in their roll-over prone crumple-zone-less gas-guzzle

i used to drive a 4 wheel drive and i never thought that......i was (and still am) quite happy to drive at the speed limit no matter what car i am in.......i agree that some 4x4 owners are idiots....but then so are some ford drivers and holden drivers and....well no mater what sort of car they drive people can be idiots...case in point......i had my 2 kids in the back of my falcon, plainly vivble thru the windows...no tinting....and some guy in another falcon pulls up next to me at a set of lights...looks at my car and says "do u want a race?" i just looked at him and thought...your an idiot....yeah...i have 2 kids in the car...it is plainlky a fmaily car and i am goig to go and have an illegal drg race...i dont think so........just trying to make my point that no matter what car u driv there is always going to be idiots, so pls dont go lumping all 4x4 drivers in that basket...oh and my 4x4 used less fuel than my falcon!!
dj181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #52
oneredED
need more boost

I have spent many a night on the Western Highway between Melbourne and Horsham, and as some of you would know, after Ballarat it becomes a 2 way highway as oppoesed to a freeway. This road is the major truck route between Adelaide and Melb. It is the SINGLE WORST piece of road that I have come accross for tailgating trucks. I am not bothered anymore by a tailgating B-double. If I brake-tested every single one that sat 2 feet from my bumper at 110kmh, I'd be dead. That said, I do think it is irresponsible of them, but there's nothing I can do about it so why get worked up about it. It's like a kitten having a fight with a grizzly...
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #53
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

[QUOTE=dj181].......i agree that some 4x4 owners are idiots....but then so are some ford drivers and holden drivers and....well no mater what sort of car they drive people can be idiots........just trying to make my point that no matter what car u driv there is always going to be idiots, so pls dont go lumping all 4x4 drivers in that basket...[QUOTE]

Uh i do not believe that this discussion was meant to be another '4wd are crap' thread. However, the fact that the irresponsible driver was in a 4wd seemed to exasperate the situation. A 4wd with high beams on right on your rear end is alot more frightening with the lights at the right height to blare right into all your mirrors through the back window, had the same d*ck been in a sedan i know i would have made the same comments in this thread, but he wouldnt have been as threatening if he was in a sedan.

The thing is, you cannot mention '4wd' these days without people jumping to the conlcusion that generalisations are being made by everyone about 4wd's and 4wd drivers, then they get on the defensive. That just isnt correct in this instance.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #54
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I think the real concern here is him pulling out a .44 and shooting you.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #55
FLYXR6
Silvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
So, who was in the wrong? You played his game, instead of pulling over and letting him go, smile then motor on home.
As much as Tailgaters **** me off i agree, its best to let them pass, you wouldn't have gotten so angry in the end and you probably would have forgotten all about it.

Not saying i'm right just saying what i think.

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #56
FLYXR6
Silvester

what is it with this .44 and shooting people.... i have seen this is in 2 threads in as many days, Ive travelled all over oz and have never seen a road rage turn to good ol fashion gun slinger!!!! out:

I like them sleek and unnoticable, That is untill the pedal is pushed.

www.myspace.com/flyxr6 Myspace URL
www.myspace.com/slvstr01 My cars Myspace URL
FLYXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #57
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is turning out to be quite a thread, anywho 4wd drivers dont really bother me except on a single lane road. We own a 2004 pajero and its awesome to drive because you can see everything. One thing i noticed is that alot of people will get angry at me thinking that i have my high beams on, and will start flashing there high beams and beaping their horns at me etc. But the thing is the normal headlights on our pajero are pretty bright so when i do flash the high beams it blinds them and that kindov shuts everyone complaining about the headlights!! lol.

Back to the 4wd issue, usually 4wd drivers dont tailgate it just looks like they are as they are big vehicles. Although mums who drive 4wd are another story, they speed and tailgate at the same time. Dont get to angry over it, just let them be and if anything the cops will pick up people doing the wrong things on the roads sooner or later.
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #58
Spak

Quote:
its a motorway spak..check the facts before you try and school me...speed limit 100kph.....
No need to get narky mate. If you're worried about speed limits, then you shouldn't be doing 115 in the OVERTAKING LANE, not the 'fast lane' as you called it..."Keep left unless overtaking"
Old 26-08-2006, 02:38 AM   #59
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYXR6
what is it with this .44 and shooting people.... i have seen this is in 2 threads in as many days, Ive travelled all over oz and have never seen a road rage turn to good ol fashion gun slinger!!!! out:
I have witnesed it, it can and does happen, won't go into specifics but it was for real.

On topic regardless of 4wd, truck or car tailgaters are painful and dangerous, but it always takes 2 to cause a fight and is quickly difused if one backs down and stays cool.

Saying that my temper is shorter with more and more stupid and impatient drivers on our raods.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 04:18 AM   #60
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they wanna pass you let them pass , be courteouse if its clear up front you may help them by giving a flash of your indicator, if it is a vehicle that is vision impaired when they are passed give them a flash when its safe for them to cut back in ,job done they are out of your space, its done safer, every ones happy
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post