Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #31
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
No way, you'd get done for invasion of privacy! LOL!

What a crazy world we live in, when the laws seem to protect the crims and currupt.

GK
It's a security measure for the safety of the occupants at MarkAW's house, brought into play because of the activities taking place in the park across the road, he had genuine reason to fear for his property and the well being of the occupants of his home and is quite justified in taking steps to enhance security of his property by means of video surveilance of the boundary of the property. So long as the camera is not aimed specifically at the park and instead aimed at the part of the house which happens to have the park in its view it's a coincidence of securing the property to his best ability and that of the equipment used to do this.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
It's a security measure for the safety of the occupants at MarkAW's house, brought into play because of the activities taking place in the park across the road, he had genuine reason to fear for his property and the well being of the occupants of his home and is quite justified in taking steps to enhance security of his property by means of video surveilance of the boundary of the property. So long as the camera is not aimed specifically at the park and instead aimed at the part of the house which happens to have the park in its view it's a coincidence of securing the property to his best ability and that of the equipment used to do this.
I guess that's a way around it! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #33
MarkAW

Today I actually went and purchased a couple if IR/colour CCD cameras. These are only good enough for about 4m on IR which is about all you can get in the retail market without going for huge IR lamps.

I'll use these to cover the cars and the front of the house. They're really there for that noise you hear in the middle of the night and wonder if some ar**hole is at your car or is it just another noise that you needn't be bothered with.

4.9 EF Futura
It's all very well for you to say move out of Sydney but I have commitments which won't allow it including elderly parents, other family such as my brothers and not to mention employment. Its a cheap throwaway line . When my parents have gone and I've retired, I may head for Tassie but now is not the time.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #34
crossingover

guys just saw the comercial for a current affair how some young punks took over an old fellas house and he was forced to live in a carvan in a mates driveway.Heres a fine example of the system failing its people.These guys look young as with attitude interesting to see the whole story to this.Dont miss this one guys
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #35
crossingover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW
Today I actually went and purchased a couple if IR/colour CCD cameras. These are only good enough for about 4m on IR which is about all you can get in the retail market without going for huge IR lamps.

I'll use these to cover the cars and the front of the house. They're really there for that noise you hear in the middle of the night and wonder if some ar**hole is at your car or is it just another noise that you needn't be bothered with.

4.9 EF Futura
It's all very well for you to say move out of Sydney but I have commitments which won't allow it including elderly parents, other family such as my brothers and not to mention employment. Its a cheap throwaway line . When my parents have gone and I've retired, I may head for Tassie but now is not the time.

Ive lived in sydney for 9 years originally from melbourne and decided to move back to melb last year.Ive lived in mtdruitt luxford rd< wakely . fairfield,and auburn,punchbowl guys sydney is a hole my kids came to a point where they were scared to sleep as we live near a place called telopea st punchbowl and at nights all we heard was gunshots and fights.Melbourne is by far a little more tame than nsw.I would never move back to nsw due to the increasing crime rate gangs and guns.Hope melbourne dosnt end up like sydney
crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #36
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Its a cheap throwaway line .
?

I call it a practical solution. You get away from the crime, without commiting any yourself.

Only other alternative im seeing suggested here is to beat the daylights out of them.

Take of it what you will.
Old 17-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #37
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
If i was so concerned about this kinda stuff happening in my area, i'd move.
Hey dude, you would move. A bloke with a couple of kids at school, a job he likes and pays good, a wife with a job, kids clubs, Freinds in the area. Might stick it out. Unles said area was Redfern or such.....

A single bloke with few, if any, commitments would possibly leave. We all have members that are supposed to represent us in our respective parliments. I think we Aussies let them get away with too much. We should make their life hell until they start to help make our life better. Thats what they are paid for.

As for the little turds burning cars, a couple of years as bigg daddies ***** should be karma enough. I agree with you. We must never take the law into our own hands. But we must make our elected reps make the laws that are already in place work for our benefit. :Reverend:
Old 17-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #38
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Ive lived in Sydney most of my life,I could count on one hand the crimes I have witnessed,and minor ones at that.
The idea that Sydney is over run with crime is false,and total crap..
We had a bit of trouble with young fellas hooning around our neighboorhood a while back,while I wont go into details,we sorted it.
If more people took the responsibility of protecting there community on themselves crimes like these would be reduced dramatically overnight.
Thats all I have to say on it..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #39
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
I live in the dreaded Mt Druitt - but really this happens everywhere these days. I'm a member of a woodworking forum - my other hobby - and we've had members with their cars burnt in Melb. and Sydney suburbs and country towns. We need to take to these people with big sticks and beat the ****** out of them.

that's a bit scary. im across the freeway in Erskine Park.
Old 17-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #40
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingover
Ive lived in sydney for 9 years originally from melbourne and decided to move back to melb last year.Ive lived in mtdruitt luxford rd< wakely . fairfield,and auburn,punchbowl guys sydney is a hole my kids came to a point where they were scared to sleep as we live near a place called telopea st punchbowl and at nights all we heard was gunshots and fights.
Its a small world - My grandmother used to live in acacia street punchbowl along with Dad's sister on the corner of acacia & wattle street - my grandmother passed away in 1971 before any of this crap started but I remember as a kid going to nan's place and all the other people in the street were Australian and generally old and retired. Bit like a retirement village. A nice place to be.

I've been back once or twice recently just to see if the houses are still there, nan's is but the auntie's is gone with a big box in its place. Whats really scary is all the people hanging about staring at you like you didn't belong and the number of houses with bars and steel mesh doors. Didn't get out of the car that day.

BTW acacia street is the one in the media for all the gang rapes, murders and machine gun spraying.
Old 17-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #41
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
BTW acacia street is the one in the media for all the gang rapes, murders and machine gun spraying.
who wants to come for a cruise tonight LOL
Old 17-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #42
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Its a small world - My grandmother used to live in acacia street punchbowl along with Dad's sister on the corner of acacia & wattle street - my grandmother passed away in 1971 before any of this crap started but I remember as a kid going to nan's place and all the other people in the street were Australian and generally old and retired. Bit like a retirement village. A nice place to be.

I've been back once or twice recently just to see if the houses are still there, nan's is but the auntie's is gone with a big box in its place. Whats really scary is all the people hanging about staring at you like you didn't belong and the number of houses with bars and steel mesh doors. Didn't get out of the car that day.

With complete respect, its probably a good thing that your Grand Mother is not around to see it.......
Old 17-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #43
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Pass

or have you got an APC with a 105 howitzer on swivel
Old 17-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #44
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Are you taking the video camera with you?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #45
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

W.O.W this thread is starting to get heated. There really isn't much you could do except call the police and as others have said alot of people think they do jack shit........

Burning someone else's car just because they kissed your girlfriend/wife/whatever is a bit drastic but I can see why you would have been so angry. Trust me most of the people here would have been as angry as you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I'm a teacher, so I understand the smug attitudes of kids, see it almost every day. Very annoying. I remember being able to get the cuts for not doing homework. Can't remember not doing it! LOL!
GK
Where do you teach GK???

Cheers,
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #46
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I get cars dumped opposite my bedroom window a fair bit. Most are stolen to order by backyard panelbeaters. (Roofs chopped off and such).
My uncle is a towie in Campbelltown and he gets 3-4 calls every night to come pick up a burnt car. The people that do it have no respect for anything, and even if they do get caught, only get a slap on the wrist.
Fundamental problem with our legal system.
People do thousands of dollars worth of dollars and all they get is a good behaviour bond/suspended sentence and a little fine.

This sounds rash, but I wish police had more power. If police, using their judgment feel they can belt people over the head, so be it. Police only go where there's problems. If you cause them, you deserve a belting.

Sounds like these people need their skulls split open and as that happens, somebody can slip something that resembles a brain inside.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #47
Boss 260 Ute
Rice aint nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Fundamental problem with our legal system.
People do thousands of dollars worth of dollars and all they get is a good behaviour bond/suspended sentence and a little fine.

This sounds rash, but I wish police had more power. If police, using their judgment feel they can belt people over the head, so be it. Police only go where there's problems. If you cause them, you deserve a belting.

Sounds like these people need their skulls split open and as that happens, somebody can slip something that resembles a brain inside.
I agree totally
The teletubbies were bred by the wiggles by mating a rhino with a garden gnome. They were intended to be the ultimate warrior for world domination, cute like a gnome, yet violent like a Rhino. Instead they got 4 multicoloured, brainless rhino sized retards.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
a toll bar hit my car because of my annoying padels
^^Those bastards! LOL
Boss 260 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #48
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Pass

or have you got an APC with a 105 howitzer on swivel
got a couple of 'pieces' : but nothing like a howitzer sorry :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Are you taking the video camera with you?

GK
its busted :
Old 17-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #49
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

My dad lives in oakhurst which isnt too far off mt druitt. He had his speedboat set alight in his own driveway, its becoming the worst area, it was ok when i lived there back in 96, but since then..
Old 17-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #50
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not related to car theft, but related to the attitudes of 'some' young idiots.
i work at coles part time, down here in the western suburbs of melbourne. and it was around 7pm, so still light, and i could hear a whole lot of yelling. as i walked down to see what was happening, i see two guys running through the store grabbing things off the shelves and hurling them at customers. at the front, theres a group of 6 boys, all laying into this one kid, who was with his mum. We have a liquorland store next door and one of the guys came to help us in case things got even worse. he asked them to leave and gets hit in the face. eventually, after threatening the kids that the cops were coming (they would say f* the cops), the police finally rocked up. arrested them and said they'd be charged etc...
this was last week
as i entered work today, what do i see? the same group walking passed swearing at people and tanked off their nuts.

so what do the police and courts actually do? i get in more trouble for a parking fine than hitting an innocent person...
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #51
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

When I got married I live in Auburn for 3 years (late 70's) , I had 2 cars stolen , one 11 weeks old & never seen again , and caught a guy breaking into the 3rd . Wife called the police while I followed the guy down the street at 4am (stupid when I think back now) , I saw the police coming & stopped them & we eventually caught the guy . I went to court for the police twice , once at Lidcombe & once at Parramatta . The guy we caught was 21 y/o , had 22 priors for theft & had skipped court at Liverpool ...... Guess what , he got 6 months ..... Amazing Huh.

I also had a music shop in Blacktown and was broken into 14 times in 13 years plus "burnt out" once . (Painters & Dockers had a gripe with the solicitors upstairs) .

The last 12 months I lived in Sydney , I was a partner in a Computer Auction Centre in Blacktown (Wickham Lane near the railway), if we worked back late , we'd have to call the police & they'd come & park outside while we got to our cars & left (got to know them on first name basis , great guys) the meeting place for the "gang" was at the end of our building . Pretty Scarey !!!!!!!!

( HLC , I had 2 attempted break-ins of my cars in your suburb. )

In 1991 moved the family to the country , best move ever ..... A mate borrowed one of my old cars for a day , within a half hour I'd had 2 phone calls asking me if I knew someone was driving my car . can't get away with much in a small town .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #52
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Country towns are great, unless you have to teach there. If you see Blacktown today it really is BLACK town.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #53
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Country towns are great, unless you have to teach there. If you see Blacktown today it really is BLACK town.
Yea ,, so I've heard , haven't been back in years , & from what I've been told I don't want to . I was born here & moved to Bungarribee Rd , Blacktown in 1970 , wasn't too bad then .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 02:19 AM   #54
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
then when he moves to a new area, and the same thing (or something else just as bad) happens there, he has to move again?. put some thought into it....
He said he lives in Mt. Druitt. One of the worst areas in Sydney, if not Australia. Its not hard to improve on it, going anywhere does so.

Geez, I'd expect that kind of thing to be a normal occurance there (and it is).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #55
HOON69
Banned

stealing a VN is like stealing a corolla all you need is a damn butter knife or a thin flat head scew driver ,its the same with most pre80's and 80's fords etc as is it with the holdens etc.

but yeah when i moved to SEQLD i used to watch the chases etc out my front at all hours etc but its slowly going away and ca theft has at least halved nw so its pretty quiet now adays.

but yeah these gangs are a menace and they'll be caught one day or karma from being or acting like a hard C#$T will catch up with em one day.

Mt Druitt is and will always be BUM TOWN i lived there most of my juvenile life and reason we left was because it was getting to bad to exist in that crap hole on a daily basis and this was back 20 yeas ago now.

CARLISLE AVENUE i used to walk to emerton through the high school etc at night etc i bet i couldnt get 2 blocks these days without being obbed,hence why i'll never go back.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post