Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #31
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I think the F6 would make a great cop car, and if they can hit 140 quicker to catch the twit that just flew past them, then why is that an issue, and excel would take so long to get to speed the car would be long gone, so there are alot of issues to think about.

I fail to see it making the F6 cheaper, its an ex-police car from auction, so what someone get's it cheaper at auction, cop cars get nothing special done to them these days, so its just a used F6 at the end of the day with alot of k's and a hard life.
I think when Force6 and Force8 are released it will cheapen the F6 more so, poeple buy them for the turbo more then the overall package IMO.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #32
WINDSR
Genuine V8

Why do the have to have F6's. Why not just stay with the XR6T?

WINDSR plates for sale. (VIC) PM if interested.
WINDSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #33
Sledgehammer
Banned

Wonder if they will let off other F6 drivers?...........
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #34
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are not all F6's there 1 a new candy striper at an RBT that was near our place last night it was a BF XR8
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #35
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The F6 serves a few purposes, its good (or possibly bad) publicity for FPV, it's one more reason to become a cop and it will highlight the absolute deficiency of police driving skills.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #36
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDSR
Why do the have to have F6's. Why not just stay with the XR6T?
My thoughts exactly.

Why not just use XR6 Turbos and get Ford to fit a bigger intercooler, better brakes and wind the boost up a bit (i.e. F6 running gear in XR6 clothing), surely this would have been a more sensible idea.

WOFTAM.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #37
xr8man83
Grunt Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yeah but other than how nice they are to drive what good are they? After all a pursuit is called off at a certain speed which a base car could do.

What are they worth $60-70k when a $30-40k car could do the same.
i think the cut off is at 160 up here but thats only though the cities as well i think and that is only because it is to unsafe for someone without driver training to drive that fast the poilce have been trained and if needed for antother emergency could well and truly go speeds excess of that to get to the emergeny so a standard car would not cut it. thats just my thought and i think its good that they have them they look great
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #38
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
A thing I notice, you guys still have the red and blue light covers up there. Down here we have clear lense covers and the actual bulbs are coloured. Makes it harder to pick from a distance.

Too right mitchay... but if it's a povo pack car (ie. XT, or Executive), you can pick the wider steel rims, then the lights in the rear window, and the extra aerils (sp?)... They really used to bother me, but since I got the AU with cruise control, it doesn't worry me any more - just set and forget.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #39
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i like the idea, gets more phoons to the public and they handle and brake better then the xr8 and 6's.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #40
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz
XR8 should be okay, they are not much more than an XT V8 these days, and they'd get them at special prices surely?
according to NSW police, XR8's handle the worst out of SS's and XR6T's. AND they have been stalling with all the added police crap putting a strain on the battery or some crap. apparently.
Old 17-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #41
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Testament to the car...

Funny it was the F6 over the GT.......

Yep Mark, Flash box for shift.... :

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the majority of cars used by people when running from the police anyways? I would thought most would be **** boxes.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #43
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When they put brembos on an XT I am sure they will consider using them as a pursuit car.
If people stopped flogging themselves about power they will realise that the F6 has great handling and braking, just what is needed for pursuits. As for the price, remember (a) the govt gets them tax free ( except GST as it's fed ) and also get a special deal because of the volume of cars or the prestige.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #44
irsa76
Snoopping

I thought these would actually be leased. And they should have used some better lightbars then those Code 3 things.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #45
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Govt auctions is just down the road from me, I will be keeping a close eye on them after their Tour of Duty on the road is complete.......
Bring that on

Plus i think they have it right they are using cars which are more economical than a V8 when driven normally, and handle better, stop better, and go better Plus they stand out like dogs balls in that paint scheme, i wouldnt be suprised if they eventually made half of the Qld Police fleet that paint/sticker scheme... It certainly makes them stand out!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #46
BeStRaFe
lpg = big boom!

the reason the bitches of XR8's and others stalling is the extra load placed on the alternator by the poilce crap....

if i have my sound system at full crack and then wack up the spotlights whist doing going around town slowley or coming off a peek of hard acceleration.... my cop pack XT will stall... :(

i just had the alternator swapped for a stock one from a XR-6T and no stalls of yet... well see what happens
Old 18-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #47
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Yeah but other than how nice they are to drive what good are they? After all a pursuit is called off at a certain speed which a base car could do.

What are they worth $60-70k when a $30-40k car could do the same.

Why dont you ask anyone who buys any XR or FPV. My Falcon will go just as fast (legally) as an FPV but it cost half as much and has a ride that is far smoother.

Lol waiting for the flames to start flying

Last edited by 05MkIIFutura; 18-12-2006 at 10:27 AM.
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #48
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDSR
The think that **** me up the wall is that where all paying for these pricey cars.
As if Ford isnt pretty much giving these away to the forces anyhow. Police forces dont use Falcons and Commodores because they are the best car on the road. They use them because they are large, aussie, and get them for close to nothing.

I dont think there is any better advertisment for Ford or Holden than being out there chasing down the bad guys.
Old 18-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #49
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heef101
Plus the fact that you will be one of ten owners with nice looking RED F6 :
Especially good if you re-applied the massive stickers and flashing led lights on the roof. No more traffic jams for you!!! :sm_headba
Old 18-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #50
HOON69
Banned

the F6 will keep the stock/mild street racers honest hence why the F6 is the best option

and btw i seen 1 yesterday through some twisty bits on my 6 hour drive
and they work well for visibility etc

and the extra police on the roads in qld well at least they kept their promise this year :

overall i saw 12 police cars all within 150klms and after a couple of years without being pulled over i finally got a random RBT yesterday,so yeah the cops ae doing something right at least.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #51
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Wish they would cut taxes so i could afford one. Its great there using fords and FPV's but its a bit of a waste of taxe payers money.
Old 18-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #52
HOON69
Banned

yeah its abit of a waste in money but think of it like this,they have been doing so since years and years ago.

the police have had VIPERS,MONARO'S,F6's,to name a few costly cars
but their had others like euro rides etc and they aint exactly cheap are they?
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #53
james22
With da Warlords

Good to see their spending OUR hard earnt TAX money, on vehicles they dont need.... : When they could buy 3 std patrol cars, for the same price

******* Brilliant... d-heads :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #54
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
Good to see their spending OUR hard earnt TAX money, on vehicles they dont need.... : When they could buy 3 std patrol cars, for the same price

******* Brilliant... d-heads :
No no no;
3 patrol cars need 6 coppers, 1 F6 needs 2....save money on budget for toys for senior desk coppers.
Pretty red cars get lots of free publicity on media.... save money on budget for toys for senior desk coppers.
Senior desk coppers get to play with fast car that has built in anti speed dection device for free (maybe a toy for senior desk coppers).

On the other hand, F6s are low to the ground and graunch fairly easily. I suspect they will look very tatty in a short time.
Another funny is that Premier Pete has issued an edict that ALL govt cars must run on ethanol and BP has the current contract. Not much ethanol in Ultimate or Premium is there. Can anyone say PING?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #55
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

On the other hand, F6s are low to the ground and graunch fairly easily. I suspect they will look very tatty in a short time.
Another funny is that Premier Pete has issued an edict that ALL govt cars must run on ethanol and BP has the current contract. Not much ethanol in Ultimate or Premium is there. Can anyone say PING?
They could try United ethanol blend 95 ron and 4c a litre cheaper than there 91 ron.
Should save Pete a few bucks.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #56
Wally
XP Coupe

Using iconic cars to impress the masses is not new.

Even Matlock police had monaros

and they dressed spiffy too.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #57
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

:sm_headba I would be really unhappy if I owned a F6. Buy something thats not every man and his dog owns, then the pig force says. Hey we need them to look cool. Give them Honda CT110's IMO.
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #58
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
They could try United ethanol blend 95 ron and 4c a litre cheaper than there 91 ron.
Should save Pete a few bucks.
No, BP has the contract.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #59
Steffo
LPG > You

I think every new HWP Car should be either a BFII F6 or VE GTS. They should get what's the fastest they're allowed, not the bread & butter. And since they're only allowed domestic (which is becoming a technicality with all the Evo and WRX's seeing action), those two are it.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #60
bencat

Are you forgetting popping us in the international lime light ? we have undoubtably the coolest cop cars now :P
bencat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post