Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #31
Penko13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Plenko, just on the PM i sent you, if you have these plans for your car, have a think about increasing the bottom of the airbox hole to 3", then running 3" mandrel to the front of the radiator. Or just go a full 3" system from the TB and have a pod at the end.

sorry i kinda dont understand that lol, i'm so bad with mechanics lol hahah. but i'm never afraid to learn.

i was thinking of a pod but couldn't find anyplaces that would fit my car. do they make much of a difference, or just the set up i have done, the same as yours would be better?

thanks

Last edited by Penko13; 09-03-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Penko13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #32
BlackLS

You'll have to go custom made from an exhaust place.

Liverpool gave a quote around 300 for everything including welded pipe and the pod
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #33
zetecboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penko13
Hey does anyone no where u can get some good bodykits for the focus in australia, i can only find ones from europe

cheers
There was a guy in Penrith or Emu Plains who did a kit. I posted some details about it before but can't remember who he is now.
zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #34
zetecboy

Found it. This what I wrote a little while back:

There was an ad in the local Penrith paper this week for a company that does bodykits. They had a small photo of a focus so I emailed them and asked a bit about it. They have a kit that consist of front bar (with fog lights), side skirts, rear bumper lip and wing. See the photos. They are made out of plastic not fibreglass and the whole kit supplied painted fitted is $2600. They're called CarCraft Auto Accessories.

Check out the photos in the "Phat Pack" posts.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #35
BlackLS

THeyre the guys that do the Sinclare Ford bodykits... I though Talon made them?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #36
zetecboy

The Talon front bar doesn't have the mounts for the fog lights, the bar that this guy fits does have them.
Old 13-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #37
Penko13

Hey guys

i just fitted a pod filter to my car, its geat. it has improved the throttle responce quite a bit, and it also sounds absoutly awsome.

cheers
Old 13-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #38
Penko13

just wondering i have heard some rumours that you can be defected with a pod filter. is this in anyway true

thanks again
Old 13-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #39
Marshy79

haha he wonders after he puts it on.

Isnt the pod filter hidden down under the front of the front bumper?

I can only think of where it is on the XR5 and compare... If you cant see it dont worry about it.

Otherwise there are those certain brand ones (BMC I think) that have a cover over them... with the cover aparently its ok?
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #40
Penko13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
haha he wonders after he puts it on.

Isnt the pod filter hidden down under the front of the front bumper?

I can only think of where it is on the XR5 and compare... If you cant see it dont worry about it.

Otherwise there are those certain brand ones (BMC I think) that have a cover over them... with the cover aparently its ok?
hahah of course no point worrying before only worry after u have done it. one last question i presume you have to oil the filter as well, like every other air filter.

and thanks for the info

cheers
Old 13-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #41
Marshy79

Umm you dont have to oil every other filter... but you do oil the after market ones that you get.

You can buy K&N recharger kits for like 20$.... has a cleaner spray and a oil spray... with directions on how to do it.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #42
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penko13
just wondering i have heard some rumours that you can be defected with a pod filter. is this in anyway true

thanks again
Any exposed oiled filter is illegal. So a pod filter is only illegal if it is exposed and an oiled type.

I love my BMC CDA, excellent airflow with the benefit of carbon fibre shielding.
Old 30-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #43
want-a-XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey Penko13 how do you find your pedders sports ryder suspension? i'm dropping that under my focus asap. thanks
want-a-XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post