Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #571
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
bang on the money as always Ryan.. for a Holden dude you rock..
Blood is thicker than water as they say. I'm proud of my Aussie rigs.

Though I think it's moreso the people behind it all I feel for. Without them we have nothing.
6 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #572
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That ******* sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
I wanna drive to broadmeadows the day it shuts. A cavalcade of Falcons to see off their birth place. That would be a sight to see.
That is a fantastic idea for a cruise, get every club/forum involved.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

4 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #573
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

This inevitably a sad day for all of us who have a place in our hearts for the Falcon (and Territory) nameplates but more importantly for the further loss of jobs and manufacturing capability in this country.

Let's not, however, lose sight of the other major announcement mad eby Ford Australia todayu, the 2012 financial results that probably do more to explain why this decision was made than anything else.

Ford Australia Reports 2012 Financial Results

Ford Australia today announced an after-tax operating loss of $141 (AUD) million for the 2012 financial year. This follows a loss of $290 million in 2011. Ford plans to transform its Australian business and expand its vehicle lineup by 30 per cent by 2016 to return to profitability.

The loss was a result of the re-alignment of the company’s business in November 2012. During this time, production changed from 209 vehicles per day to 148 vehicles per day in a direct response to changing customer preferences, which have driven a continued industry wide decline in the sale of large vehicles. As a result, Ford has impaired its asset base by $143 million.

Chief Financial Officer Mark Rearick noted that the financial results mirror the restructure. “We had a 30 per cent reduction in volume at the end of last year, and our financial results reflect that we had to re-value our asset base by a corresponding amount, accounting for the loss,” Rearick said.

This restructure was a result of Ford Australia remaining focused on key aspects of the global One Ford plan, including:
  • Aggressively restructuring to operate profitably at the current demand and changing model mix
  • Accelerating the development of new products that customers want and value
  • Financing the plan and improving the balance sheet
  • Working together effectively as one team, leveraging Ford’s global assets
For the second consecutive year, Ford invested more than $200 million dollars across research, development and facilities for a broad range of global and local vehicle development programs. Last year saw Ford’s investment reach $270 million dollars which brings the company’s Ford’s total R&D investment in Australia during the past six years to more than $1.9 billion, making it the largest R&D investor of any auto maker in Australia.

In 2013, Ford will continue transforming its Australian business by accelerating the introduction of new products for Australian customers, enhancing the sales and service experience, and improving its business efficiency and profitability. This includes launching updated versions of Falcon, Falcon Ute and Territory, as well as offering other world-class products such as Ford Kuga, Focus and Ranger.

“We will continue to invest in our product development facilities in Australia,” said Bob Graziano, president and CEO of Ford Australia. “Last year, our investment helped us unveil first-class improvements, such as the creation of our Virtual Reality Centre. In addition to bringing our customers a great line-up of vehicles, Ford Australia will continue to be known as a centre of excellence in this space.”

Other income of $112 million was derived primarily from the Government’s Automotive Transformation Scheme (ATS), which is a result of our research and development and local production. This accounted for just 3.7 per cent of Ford’s total revenue for 2012.

Observatio Facta Rotae

8 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #574
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
As a Holden man it actually (On a genuine level) saddens me with this news, but like a family member with cancer you know the day will come.

The Falcon has been intwined within our fabric for over 50 years. I don't like them all, but it's a long and illustrious heritage any Australian should be proud of.

I'd imagine Holden will eventually follow suit. Tough times for us (the Australian product consumer I mean), but not much we can do.
There is plenty tho it's common sense. As Proud Aussies we can aim to buy Australian product being whatever product over imported stuff and send a message that we want it here

Patriotism has a big place outside of sports and just saying that we are proud to be Australian just doesn't cut it when this stuff is happening on a regular basis
Old 23-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #575
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
You're on the wrong forum.. I'll wager that you upset people every day at your place of work and get home and wonder why everyone else is so odd..
Not at all mate!

Heaven forbid I should want to discuss the matter in a pragmatic manner today instead of just being an emotional wreck.

I have said nothing abusive, or misleading, or knowingly incorrect to stir anyone up. All I have wanted to do is discuss the nuts and bolts behind this decision, and that has not sat well with the die hards, who want to complain and rant and vow to abandon Ford...

If you look back over the thread you'll find a number of people with a similar pragmatic approach to the news.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #576
1967xrute
BOOST is Good

I will never buy a commonwhore ever
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #577
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falcon was a great brand from the West Island, very sorry to see it go. Hope those who are losing their jobs can find something.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #578
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Let's also consider the restructuring of the FoA business announcement as well. It will inevitably take some time for the actual practical meaning of this to become apparent but at least it is something more positive....

Ford Accelerates Australian Business Transformation

• Ford is transforming its Australian business by accelerating the introduction of new products for Australian customers, enhancing the sales and service experience, and improving its business efficiency and profitability
  • To better position the company to compete in a highly fragmented and competitive market, Ford will cease local manufacturing in October 2016. All entitlements are protected for the 1200 employees whose jobs are affected, and the company will work through the next three years to provide support
  • Ford will proceed with plans to launch updated versions of the Falcon, Falcon Ute and Territory in 2014, as well as offering other world-class products, such as the Ford Kuga, Ranger and Focus. The company will also strengthen its product line-up even further with a 30 per cent increase in the number of new vehicles offered to Australian customers by 2016
  • Ford’s presence in Australia will remain significant – with 1500 team members, more than 200 dealers nationwide and a continued strong commitment to supporting the communities in which the company operates
Ford Motor Company is transforming its business operations in Australia to provide customers with even more new products, and improved sales and service, while creating a more efficient and profitable business structure.
Ford announced the plan today, including its intention to cease its local manufacturing operations in October 2016. The decision on local manufacturing was driven by increasingly challenging market conditions – including market fragmentation and the high cost of manufacturing. Ford losses in Australia in the last five years have totaled approximately $600 million (AUD).

“All of us at Ford remain committed to our long history of serving Australian customers with the very best vehicles that deliver cutting edge technology at an affordable cost,” said Bob Graziano, president and CEO of Ford Australia. “Unfortunately, due to challenging market conditions we are unable to do that longer-term while continuing to manufacture locally.”

Support for Employees
Approximately 1,200 jobs in Ford’s Broadmeadows and Geelong manufacturing plants will become redundant when manufacturing at those sites ceases in 2016.
All manufacturing employees’ benefits will be provided in line with current agreements. During the next three years, Ford will work with affected employees and their representatives on support arrangements and provide clarity about the closure process.
“We know this announcement is very difficult, especially for our employees,” said Graziano. “Providing support to those in our team whose roles will be affected is a key priority for us during this three-year transition period.”

Future vision for Ford Australia
While the way Ford is structured is changing, Ford’s commitment to Australia remains strong.
“Ford will remain a significant employer in Australia, with more than 1,500 team members, as will our network of more than 200 dealers around the country,” said Graziano. “The Australian team’s role as a global centre of excellence for vehicle development also will continue to be an important focus for us.”

Australia is currently one of four product development hubs for Ford globally. Recently, the Australian team has been responsible for designing, engineering and testing global vehicles, including the Ford Ranger and Ford Figo, and will continue this expertise.
Today, Ford has more than 1000 team members in product development in Australia, giving the company more designers and engineers than any other auto company in Australia.

“Our customers will buy and service Ford vehicles through the same great dealers we have throughout the country today, and we will continue to support the communities in which we operate,” said Graziano.

Decision follows comprehensive review process
Given the changing dynamics of the auto industry, a number of business scenarios were reviewed during the past year to determine next steps for Ford’s Australian business.

All viable alternatives were evaluated as part of the process including manufacturing various types and combinations of vehicles for local sale as well as the viability of a significant export program. The scenarios investigated also included varying levels of government support, manufacturing cost reductions and productivity improvements.
Australia has annual sales of approximately 1.1 million new vehicles, and customers have access to more than 65 brands and 365 models available for sale. This makes Australia one of the most competitive and crowded automotive markets in the world.
“Given the fragmented marketplace and the low model volumes that result, we decided that manufacturing locally is no longer viable,” said Graziano.

More New Products
As part of the transformation, Ford has aggressive plans to introduce even more new products for Australian customers – including a 30 per cent increase in the number of new vehicles offered to Australian customers by 2016. That is in addition to already announced new versions of the Ford Falcon, Falcon Ute and Territory, as well the new Ford Kuga, Ranger and Focus.

“We will be introducing a number of exciting new vehicles and technologies during the next few years that will excite our Australian customers,” said Graziano. “The breadth of our line-up will increase by more than 30 per cent, ensuring we continue to offer our customers an outstanding range of cars, SUVs and light trucks long into the future.”

Upgraded Sales and Service Experience
Ford also is significantly enhancing its approach to the sales and service experience. The company has appointed a dedicated Consumer Experience team to introduce a series of initiatives to provide customers with even better after-sales care.

“We have a range of projects under way to significantly enhance our customer’s experience with Ford,” said Graziano. “This includes one of the only programs in Australia that provides a capped price on all servicing costs for seven years.”

Ford continues to be part of Australian communities
“Ford vehicles have been part of the automotive landscape in Australia for almost 110 years and we have manufactured here since 1925. We are proud of that history. We are proud of our role in Australia and we haven’t made this decision lightly.
“Overall, we are changing, but our commitment to Australia remains strong. We’ll move through this transition and continue to be a vibrant and strong part of the Australian driving experience,” said Graziano.

Source: Ford Media

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 23-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #579
WPR1

If people were more patriotic and bought Australian built cars this wouldn't be happening. But unfortunately people prefer Japanese and Korean cars these days. So with manufacturing costs in Asia being 4 times cheaper what choice does Ford have?
I'll be keeping my FG GT but will also be very interested in what Ford import over the next few years. I truly believe Ford current lineup is a match or better than anything else on offer. thanks for the memories but I understand why you are making this decision.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #580
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezteve View Post
^^ that's it, like warring brothers, without falcon there is no commodore, and without commodore there is no falcon. Truely the end of an era.
within two minutes of backing out my driveway i can be driving past Holdens..

im a realist by nature and the news today was a long time coming.. but not un expected..

i know how hard this will hit, friends, family, the bloke across the road and even myself once worked at Holdens..

we are on the verge of the death of a great industry and provider to so many..
Old 23-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #581
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Looks like I'll be spending the house deposit on a new falcon or fpv.
Houses can wait :'(
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

6 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #582
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Whilst i never owned a new Falcon i owned my share of them none the less. I really wish now that i was in a position to buy a new one when EL XR8 was around and the same with AU XR8, unfortunately i wasnt.
Long live the Falcon.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 23-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #583
Windsor220
Now Fordless

There seems to be conflicting info about the updated Falcon next year. Some saying it has been scrapped but russelw just posted and said it is still going ahead. Which is it.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #584
mick_bris
Starter Motor

I can proudly say my FG F6 ute is the best car i've ever had. Owned it 4 years and it still puts a grin on my face.

Was sad to find out 2 days ago they stopped making F6 utes earlier this year and now today the whole shop is going.

Definetly a turning point in Australian manufacturing.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #585
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
There seems to be conflicting info about the updated Falcon next year. Some saying it has been scrapped but russelw just posted and said it is still going ahead. Which is it.
Bob G said it's still on during the media release.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 23-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #586
GT-spec15

So what's our tip for the 'runout special' plan?

I really hope they do something cool across the range to celebrate the final cars. A base model with a few extra bits makes sense, but how about some special gear for the Turbo/F6/GT?
Old 23-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #587
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Let's also consider the restructuring of the FoA business announcement as well. It will inevitably take some time for the actual practical meaning of this to become apparent but at least it is something more positive....

Ford Accelerates Australian Business Transformation

• Ford is transforming its Australian business by accelerating the introduction of new products for Australian customers, enhancing the sales and service experience, and improving its business efficiency and profitability
  • To better position the company to compete in a highly fragmented and competitive market, Ford will cease local manufacturing in October 2016. All entitlements are protected for the 1200 employees whose jobs are affected, and the company will work through the next three years to provide support
  • Ford will proceed with plans to launch updated versions of the Falcon, Falcon Ute and Territory in 2014, as well as offering other world-class products, such as the Ford Kuga, Ranger and Focus. The company will also strengthen its product line-up even further with a 30 per cent increase in the number of new vehicles offered to Australian customers by 2016
  • Ford’s presence in Australia will remain significant – with 1500 team members, more than 200 dealers nationwide and a continued strong commitment to supporting the communities in which the company operates
Ford Motor Company is transforming its business operations in Australia to provide customers with even more new products, and improved sales and service, while creating a more efficient and profitable business structure.
Ford announced the plan today, including its intention to cease its local manufacturing operations in October 2016. The decision on local manufacturing was driven by increasingly challenging market conditions – including market fragmentation and the high cost of manufacturing. Ford losses in Australia in the last five years have totaled approximately $600 million (AUD).

“All of us at Ford remain committed to our long history of serving Australian customers with the very best vehicles that deliver cutting edge technology at an affordable cost,” said Bob Graziano, president and CEO of Ford Australia. “Unfortunately, due to challenging market conditions we are unable to do that longer-term while continuing to manufacture locally.”

Support for Employees
Approximately 1,200 jobs in Ford’s Broadmeadows and Geelong manufacturing plants will become redundant when manufacturing at those sites ceases in 2016.
All manufacturing employees’ benefits will be provided in line with current agreements. During the next three years, Ford will work with affected employees and their representatives on support arrangements and provide clarity about the closure process.
“We know this announcement is very difficult, especially for our employees,” said Graziano. “Providing support to those in our team whose roles will be affected is a key priority for us during this three-year transition period.”

Future vision for Ford Australia
While the way Ford is structured is changing, Ford’s commitment to Australia remains strong.
“Ford will remain a significant employer in Australia, with more than 1,500 team members, as will our network of more than 200 dealers around the country,” said Graziano. “The Australian team’s role as a global centre of excellence for vehicle development also will continue to be an important focus for us.”

Australia is currently one of four product development hubs for Ford globally. Recently, the Australian team has been responsible for designing, engineering and testing global vehicles, including the Ford Ranger and Ford Figo, and will continue this expertise.
Today, Ford has more than 1000 team members in product development in Australia, giving the company more designers and engineers than any other auto company in Australia.

“Our customers will buy and service Ford vehicles through the same great dealers we have throughout the country today, and we will continue to support the communities in which we operate,” said Graziano.

Decision follows comprehensive review process
Given the changing dynamics of the auto industry, a number of business scenarios were reviewed during the past year to determine next steps for Ford’s Australian business.

All viable alternatives were evaluated as part of the process including manufacturing various types and combinations of vehicles for local sale as well as the viability of a significant export program. The scenarios investigated also included varying levels of government support, manufacturing cost reductions and productivity improvements.
Australia has annual sales of approximately 1.1 million new vehicles, and customers have access to more than 65 brands and 365 models available for sale. This makes Australia one of the most competitive and crowded automotive markets in the world.
“Given the fragmented marketplace and the low model volumes that result, we decided that manufacturing locally is no longer viable,” said Graziano.

More New Products
As part of the transformation, Ford has aggressive plans to introduce even more new products for Australian customers – including a 30 per cent increase in the number of new vehicles offered to Australian customers by 2016. That is in addition to already announced new versions of the Ford Falcon, Falcon Ute and Territory, as well the new Ford Kuga, Ranger and Focus.

“We will be introducing a number of exciting new vehicles and technologies during the next few years that will excite our Australian customers,” said Graziano. “The breadth of our line-up will increase by more than 30 per cent, ensuring we continue to offer our customers an outstanding range of cars, SUVs and light trucks long into the future.”

Upgraded Sales and Service Experience
Ford also is significantly enhancing its approach to the sales and service experience. The company has appointed a dedicated Consumer Experience team to introduce a series of initiatives to provide customers with even better after-sales care.

“We have a range of projects under way to significantly enhance our customer’s experience with Ford,” said Graziano. “This includes one of the only programs in Australia that provides a capped price on all servicing costs for seven years.”

Ford continues to be part of Australian communities
“Ford vehicles have been part of the automotive landscape in Australia for almost 110 years and we have manufactured here since 1925. We are proud of that history. We are proud of our role in Australia and we haven’t made this decision lightly.
“Overall, we are changing, but our commitment to Australia remains strong. We’ll move through this transition and continue to be a vibrant and strong part of the Australian driving experience,” said Graziano.

Source: Ford Media
I haven't read all the info Russell, any news on the FPV future?
Old 23-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #588
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
Not at all mate!

Heaven forbid I should want to discuss the matter in a pragmatic manner today instead of just being an emotional wreck.

I have said nothing abusive, or misleading, or knowingly incorrect to stir anyone up. All I have wanted to do is discuss the nuts and bolts behind this decision, and that has not sat well with the die hards, who want to complain and rant and vow to abandon Ford...

If you look back over the thread you'll find a number of people with a similar pragmatic approach to the news.
Why don't you do the respectful thing and leave those of us who feel a little emotional about today's announcement to have some peace from your constant tirade of pragmatism. There's a time and place for everything and today's not the day for a absolute deluge of pragmatic musings. Take a break mate for everyone's sake, please.
7 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #589
richlove
Infrequent User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
As bad as today's news is, I hope Ford will sell the RHD Mustang in Australia.
Totally agree, it's sad news for Oz manufacturing but I'd be very excited with a Shelby (or a GT40 in my dreams).
Old 23-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #590
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Do you guys think (although id say details would be already in concrete at Ford) Ford may cut back changes to the new falcon where they can ie not adding/changing stuff that might not be needed/cost more now its going to be the last?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #591
Taxi Rob
Starter Motor

Angry Re: Major Ford announcement

Falcon has been my life! I love them . Great cars great engineering , a car which will do a 1,000,000km as a Taxi and live Strong. Such a shame Aussie Pride Gone.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #592
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder what the new model will be to replace the FG. I think either LF (Last Falcon) or TE (The End) model name would be a good choice.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #593
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Why don't you do the respectful thing and leave those of us who feel a little emotional about today's announcement to have some peace from your constant tirade of pragmatism. There's a time and place for everything and today's not the day for a absolute deluge of pragmatic musings. Take a break mate for ewveryone sake, please.
There is a 'Thank You' thread for Ford Australia in this section too. I suggest that's the place to be if you want to engage in purely emotional discussion.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to discuss the nuts and bolts of this move, and how it relates to a changing market.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #594
KIWI-1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJG351 View Post
The new models will go ahead anounced by Bob! but it looks as though the falcon name will end in 2016 :( FPR will need to plan on racing Mustangs by then, "YES"... sorry but at least it is something to look forward to
All they will need is a new body kit under COTF
Old 23-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #595
Rodge
Banned

Dont you think you've already made your point of view known
Old 23-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #596
BigKerp79
Starter Motor

It was only a matter of time. They kept building cars which sadly only a small segment of the market wanted.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #597
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I awoke this morning to the bad news - it feels like I was told of the death of a good friend. Frankly, I'm saddended and gutted. Never thought I'd feel this way about a brand. If Microsoft or Intel went down the tube I wouldn't give a rats - Ford Falcon is a part of my life, and I'm very passionate about the brand. There's none better in my book.

There's something that has bothered me in this thread and many other threads about supporting the Ford brand - "why don't you buy a brand new one and support them" for example. Fact is, I can't. The newest Ford I've ever owned is my '97 XH. I love it. It's all I can afford. Life's crap got in the way - like buying a house, uni fees for my daughters, not really important stuff hey? Not all of us are flush with cash - enough with the banging on about buying a brand spankers new Ford. For those that can afford it, I praise you - means I can hopefully buy your 2nd hand looked after one in a few years time!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #598
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Dont you think you've already made your point of view known
Mate it's a 20 page discussion.

Read back and you'll find content lamenting the end of Falcon, debating why it came to this, discussion on what could have extended its life.....and much more.

If you have an issue with a particular post, let me know. Otherwise, it just seems a robust discussion on a big day for the Australian car scene to me.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #599
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dark day for Australia as a whole not just for the loss of our iconic car but also the people losing their jobs. I think this could be the begining of many more pullouts of overseas companys that manufacture in Australia
Old 23-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #600
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of people here thought it was inevitable, a lot of the public wanted it to happen but regardless there were a lot who hoped it wouldn't happen and that news is very upsetting.

The only positive I can see is that the announcement has been made 3 years out which would help the employees transition better rather than dropped like a bomb. Having been made redundant before I would much prefer this.
Closed Thread