Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #61
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Default Re: Whats the worst pain you have ever experienced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Kidney stones twice!!

They hurt real bad!! Thought someone had stabbed me in my sleep the first time!! Bad bad bad!
+1 there about 7 times
even worse is when you **** them out

and busted ribs hurt too
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #62
hamoudy10
Ford Nut

Worst pain is after my second of three operations to correct scoliosis. My lung collapsed and had to have a chest drain put in. The doc sliced open my side and just shoved a tube in me to drain all the fluid... with no anesthetic/ He told me that's what people feel when they're shot. Safe to say it hurt a fair bit!

Petroleum FG MKII XR6 Turbo - 350rwkw

Magnetic 2017 Mustang GT - 300rwkw
hamoudy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #63
MAV50L
Banned

Crushing my finger in between the upper wishbone and upright while changing a balljoint in my old XY.
Dont rely on a K mart hydraulic jack and a piece of 4x2 to hold up a wishbone with a compressed spring on top of it................................
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #64
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
reading posts from Sudszy

I feel your pain

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #65
lemon
The "Rose"

Had a bone graff from the hip to the knee ,but the most pain I have had ,is the loss of my mother..and best friend
Old 25-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #66
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I broke my leg coming off a motorbike, Apart from the gravel in my knee and elbow my leg just felt weird but not hurting. It was the trip back to the house on the back of a yz125 which hurt like hell. 90mins of hills, creeks, cows and cattle grids.
Old 25-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #67
bingoTE50
Steve

Broken & dislocated ankle..
Broken right arm and chipped left elbow at once
Pulled the clavicle off my right ac joint permantly .
Rib cartlidge.
Gall stone attack - like a heart attack - Gall bladder now gone.
Ring finger on left hand reconstructed.
Probably get hit by a bus tomorrow .....lol
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #68
excessfg
Starter Motor

coming off my bike fast when i was 14, stripped back my left knee cap.
excessfg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #69
Whiskeyonesix

Been kicked in the nuts a few times, some chap took exception to me in a night club and decided not to play by the Queensberry rules...., but the wife reckons that Childbirth is more agonizing.
( Although, the difference between the two is that 9 months later, a bloke doesn't go "yes, I think I'd like to be kicked in the nuts again"

New brake switch at 203k+211k, new Discs and Pads + service at 212k
Whiskeyonesix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #70
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never broken a bone or had any huge amounts of pain, but burns fair suck. Had 3rd degree burn on my leg from my old mans harley exhaust when i was 7 or 8. Got second degree burns on the same leg from riding my trail bike in shorts (managed to burn Yamaha into my leg backwards from the way it fell on me) Sprained my ankle once pretty bad thought i had broken it!
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #71
WaxEm

Having a plater water cut out of my foot, doctors went 1.8 inches into my foot for it.......I had never cryed so much in my life.

Other was when i was 5, jumped off a 2 meter retaining wall.........onto a bit of wood in the sand that hand a 3inch nail sticking out of it. Right through my foot, took me ages to pull through had flakey rust all over it, blood spraying everywhere, im 24 and its stained on our back patio.....Still hurts to this day sometimes!
TE #179
Manual
Liquid Silver
Hurricane Extractors
High Flow Cats
2.5" Twin System
K&N Filter
MSD Leads
WaxEm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #72
WaxEm

On that note. My friend has a problem where his body doesnt react to anesthetic. He had a vasectomy............NO anesthetic......If you talk to him about it you can see the pain start coming out of him.....
TE #179
Manual
Liquid Silver
Hurricane Extractors
High Flow Cats
2.5" Twin System
K&N Filter
MSD Leads
WaxEm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #73
Wheelbarrow74

Got married.

Wheelbarrow74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #74
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Ive most likely got nothing on other people here, but the worst pain ive ever had was impaling my finger on a sewing machine needle.

I have highly sensitive nerve endings on my fingers, so I screamed & cried like a little girl.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #75
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

been no stranger to pain this brings back some memories :(
sulphuric add crystals ejected in to the eyes, massive burning initially even after flushed pain lasted for a few days

hot welding slag ejected into one eye...... after medicated same as above

small finger broken backwards by a wet footy, painful at first then went numb for the next 8 hours until attended to.

broken ankle in two places falling off the back of a truck........painful at first went numb in a short while

being stung on the bum by a huge red assed bullant after a 14 k hike sitting on the roadside embankment.....the big ones inject formic acid into you!, massive pain that keeps going for hours .....can you see the picture a big guy with pants dropped on a dirt road jumping around in pain with the best mate slapping him on the back pretending they(massive bullants) are all over you

sciatica in the lower back at age 23 paralyzed me with pain, i was a ball of muscle in those days throwing around 50 kg like tissue boxes, lasted for many days, did`nt think i`d ever walk again.

i had a young woman dentist remove a back tooth a few years ago, it was just normal toothache removal pain to start with , once the dentist pain killers wore off it was agony like never before for 3 days, and i`ve never been one to feel pain much at the dentist.

i would`nt like to pick a winner, old age has taught me to be a bit more respectful of the bod, and pick a better dentist next time , and not to sit on a bullants entrance :(

edit :: forgot one.....had upper and lower front teeth(about 12) smashed in with a beer bottle at 17 y.o hurt at first again went numb shortly after.

Last edited by mik; 26-05-2011 at 01:13 AM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #76
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyonesix
Been kicked in the nuts a few times, some chap took exception to me in a night club and decided not to play by the Queensberry rules...., but the wife reckons that Childbirth is more agonizing.
( Although, the difference between the two is that 9 months later, a bloke doesn't go "yes, I think I'd like to be kicked in the nuts again"

oh god you reminded me of the time i was stuffing round on one of those rocking horse things on a car spring at a park once on a school trip, my mates ran up and pulled it back as far as they could. And it smashed my nuts so damn hard it nearly knocked me out.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #77
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
oh god you reminded me of the time i was stuffing round on one of those rocking horse things on a car spring at a park once on a school trip, my mates ran up and pulled it back as far as they could. And it smashed my nuts so damn hard it nearly knocked me out.
I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes, but I had to cross my legs as I laughed cripes that must have hurt

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #78
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes, but I had to cross my legs as I laughed cripes that must have hurt
PM me and i will send ya a link ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #79
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxEm
Having a plater water cut out of my foot, doctors went 1.8 inches into my foot for it.......I had never cryed so much in my life.

Other was when i was 5, jumped off a 2 meter retaining wall.........onto a bit of wood in the sand that hand a 3inch nail sticking out of it. Right through my foot, took me ages to pull through had flakey rust all over it, blood spraying everywhere, im 24 and its stained on our back patio.....Still hurts to this day sometimes!
How did a plate of water get 1.8 inches into your foot ????
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #80
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or did you mean plantar wart .....
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #81
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A mystery tooth pain that floated around in my lower jaw. It has only happened to me twice within 1 year, went to the dentist and they had no idea what it was.

It came back mid last year and I just had to deal with it. I was travelling in a car at the time when it just kept coming and going. Thankfully I wasn't driving because I could not concentrate because it was just that bad.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #82
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Worst pain.

Hit a fence head first on a motor bike at 60ks. Broke my back in 6 places, pelvis and rib. Was in hospital and rehab for a month.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #83
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

probs my worst/ most stupid. went on a 5 days snow trip with 20 mates about 3 years ago on the second day after a long night of drinking was cutting across a slightly uphill icy bit that links 2 of the runs at perisher on a snowboard feel backwards and did the automatic thing and put my left arm behind me to stop the fall, next thing i know my arm whipped around the wrong way, that was the first painful bit. the stupid was continuing to snowboard and party for another 3 days because i would have to go back to canberra to get it checked. walked in the door and my mum took one look at me and threw me in the car and took me to the hospital. i hadnt noticed it but my left hand had swollen to twice the size of my other. when i got to the hospital they rushed me into get it all checked and they think another 5-6 hours and i would have lost my arm. and to this day if i lift more than about 5kgs over level with my shoulder it pops out, as a 22yr old now its ganna make many things hard and a full reconstruction which im putting off as long as i can.

learn from my mistake, if you dislocate it get it checked asap
Old 26-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #84
84xespac
Wearing an armadillo hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxEm
On that note. My friend has a problem where his body doesnt react to anesthetic. He had a vasectomy............NO anesthetic......If you talk to him about it you can see the pain start coming out of him.....
I know of a bloke who had a vasectomy many years ago and rode his motor bike home which if ya ask me is just dumb.... sure he agreed after he ran up the *** of a car and put a fist size dent in his tank with his nuts. Poor bugger did some massive damage to himself..... on the plus side as he said no way he can have kids now so at least it worked.
84xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #85
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Alright, I had a further thought about this this morning...I burned myself pretty bad the other day with a cigarette, dropped it down my shirt, landed right in the middle of my cleavage - I couldn't get it out...now I have two burn marks, one either side...the other half found it humourous...me not so much at the time. The pain I felt this morning trying to have a shower, reminded me of a long long time ago...I got kicked in the...well...you know. I was being a smart *** in high school, walked passed one of the boys and flicked my leg up, landing right on his bum...he thought he'd get me back as I was getting onto the school bus, I took a step, he took a swing, clipped the bone with the point of his shoe - I cried the whole way home...I had repressed that memory...apparently not any more...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #86
Thornie
Off smelting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
When i re-read it i got a laugh from the mental image of me flying over the front having my nuts collected but it wasn't fun at the time and i think i had bruised balls for a week after.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #87
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Twisted nut...................pure agony !!
Old 26-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #88
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Was slacking off at work and talking to two of my workmates at the bench, then i went to lean on the bench, put my hand down..... On the business end of the soldering iron.

Another time, was asked to put a heatgun back, and we both moved at the same time and I ended up touching the hot end with the back of my hand.

I swear I need to wear riggers gloves, knee pads, face shield, overalls and a helmet the moment I get out of bed. I was born on Friday the 13th, maybe thats why where ever I go I bring bad luck, accidents and pain LOL.

Having 4 ingrown toenails removed in the same big toe year after year, with soft tissue infection it HURTS. The needles in your toe are excrutiating. These are my number 1 worst pains.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-05-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #89
velocityXR6

well i can't really compete but i fell through a shed roof we were installing right up the top where the two sheets meet at the gable, one sheet bent the other side didn't which left me stuck and dangeling 8 mtrs up had to wait for the other guy to take the sheet off untill i could pull my leg free, 38 stitches from behind my knee all the way up my thigh. looks like a shark bite lol... oh and the massive head ache from being concussed 3 times in a week footy, brawl, car smash
Old 26-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #90
XR_6falcon

When i was about 5 i spilled hot tea on my thigh, still got a scar

Another time woke up middle of the night with massive pain in the ear, and I have still no idea why that happend.
Also when i was going though the process of getting braces, had to get 4 teeth and 4 wisdom teeth removed. Never felt anything like it, felt like i had been beaten in the mouth with a metal pole several times over. Pain killers didnt help either.
Also had flash burn from welding, woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like hot ash and thorns in both eyes. Dont know how i made it down the stairs ( couldnt open my eyes) but managed to get my pearnts to take me to hospital where they gave me eye drops to ease the pain. If i ever experince that sort of pain i will rip my eyes out with my bare hands.

Smoke tyres, not drugs
XR_6falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post